• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junior

Reaction score
Thought it was time to share a family picture :)

From 12 o'clock

"Chelsea", F-last, dark brown calf, seamless heels, natural edge trim, double leather sole tapering to single at the waste with rubber toe tips
Austerity brouge boot, U-last, antique cognac calf, single dainite sole
"Burlington", F-last, light brown suede, seamless heels, single leather sole with metal toe tips

Different angle

Last edited:

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thought it was time to share a family picture :)
From 12 o'clock "Chelsea", F-last, dark brown calf, seamless heels, natural edge trim, double leather sole tapering to single at the waste with rubber toe tips Austerity brouge boot, U-last, antique cognac calf, single dainite sole "Burlington", F-last, light brown suede, seamless heels, single leather sole with metal toe tips Different angle
Saw these on IG. Those boots are killer!

Junior

Reaction score
Would have been really cool if you took the seamless heel shot of that suede makeup!

Saw these on IG. Those boots are killer!

@Shawl Lapel Cheers
smile.gif

Last edited:

Junior

Reaction score
Hmm, dunno if i can tell just yet. Gimme a couple of months or a year.

My gut says Vass sources better suede than Carmina but i'll trow the question out there for an answer from members with more Vass suede experience :)

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome stuff guys! Re' my earlier post; my high boots are 6.75" from the top of the heel stack. They're 8 lacers so a 9 lace would be around 8" I guess

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmm, dunno if i can tell just yet. Gimme a couple of months or a year.

My gut says Vass sources better suede than Carmina but i'll trow the question out there for an answer from members with more Vass suede experience :)

I was under the same impression but I don't own any vass suede shoes so figured to ask you. But thank you.

aglose

Reaction score

Awesome stuff guys! Re' my earlier post; my high boots are 6.75" from the top of the heel stack. They're 8 lacers so a 9 lace would be around 8" I guess

Thank you!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does Vass do anything similar to carminas jumper boot? I'm thinking about doing something boot like, but would love to get something with a tall ish shaft. If anyone has a boot from Vass can you measure the shaft from the top of the heel stack for me please?

Maybe this will also be useful:

L-r: G&G (double leather), Carmina (single tomir), Vass (double dainite), Carmina Jumper (single dainite), C&J (double dainite), Alden (double leather)

width

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting that people have a problem with an indent on the vamp. . . A place that will have creases once worn anyway. Also, superficial scratches will erase themselves after a wear or two.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the antic cognac pair had a mark that was slightly too below the surface. Everything else was fine to me atleast

aglose

Reaction score
Yeah mine had a scar from the original leather that was used on the vamp. One would think this piece would be used somewhere else on the shoe to make sure that the scar is hidden from view, but this particular imperfection was out right on the vamp in plain view. Strange choice, and I really love these shoes too which hurts the most.

In regard to the AE thread, if I pay Vass price I expect Vass quality and attention to detail. I have AE seconds that's are in better shape then the Vass firsts I received from this transaction. The price difference just can't be justified and I will likely put a pair of Vass shoes under much closer inspection then a pair of AE seconds that cost me 1/6th of the price. Just my .02, please take it or leave it.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me just say in general - without reference to any member in particular, that I hope to GOD this doesn't turn into the AE thread, where every new pair of shoes is put under a magnifying glass, followed by the posting of macro photos of flaws, real or imagined.
Efectivamente....Namor those boots deserve more pics
crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads