• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gs77

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are after that styling (which is nice BTW for Jort/La Spalla) and value the convenience of shipping/returns (SuSu is hard to beat there) SuSu is actually a good value, and I wouldn't disregard them.
Of course there is eBay, Yoox etc, and you can do much better, but you need whole lot of enthusiasm for that.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SuitSupply La Spalla full canvas is $1069. What are my other full canvas options in that price range that might be better?
When I was in NYC, I found a few good Burberry full canvass at the Woodbury Common outlet. Paid $500 each.

ADub

Reaction score
I'd use caution with Ring jacket. Great great stuff but the sizing isn't very friendly for the North American build - even a slender one.

What was the issue for you? I have found Ring Jacket to be the best fit for me of the RTW I have tried, especially for sleeve pitch, but then again I don't have a North American build haha.

Spex

Reaction score
What was the issue for you? I have found Ring Jacket to be the best fit for me of the RTW I have tried, especially for sleeve pitch, but then again I don't have a North American build haha.

Yeah, that's the problem. If you have an asian build then RJ is made for you. Being a 6'2" nordic guy I would imagine it would be difficult to find a RJ that would fit off the rack due to the fact that I'm taller than 97% of the men in Japan. Besides that, the body proportions are different.

The Samuelsohn recommendation at the Harry Rosen Outlet is probably the best bet. Sometimes The Bay has good deals on end of season Samuelsohn's at the Queen St flagship store which bring them under a grand.

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, that's the problem. If you have an asian build then RJ is made for you. Being a 6'2" nordic guy I would imagine it would be difficult to find a RJ that would fit off the rack due to the fact that I'm taller than 97% of the men in Japan. Besides that, the body proportions are different. 

The Samuelsohn recommendation at the Harry Rosen Outlet is probably the best bet. Sometimes The Bay has good deals on end of season Samuelsohn's at the Queen St flagship store which bring them under a grand.

Also check out Tom's Place.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
I like the recommendations for the Bay and HR outlet but it also depends on what you want. You want the most current style in a staple colour? That might be hard to find. Not impossible but harder than getting a glen plaid or pinstripe for example. Depends on size as well. My brother-in-law is an odd size. He looked for a good deal for ages and finally bit the bullet and paid retail or went custom.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think there's a lot to be said for walking into SuSu's store and walking out with exactly what you want, all costs considered. I think trying to find stuff on sale and and outlets can really be hit and miss in terms of patterns and sizing, not to mention the cost of visiting so many places.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, like I had a friend who isn't into fashion, would prefer not to overpay, but ultimately didn't have more than a day or two to find a suit for a wedding. We went to SuSu, tried on 3-4 suits, one looked great, also got shoes, a belt, and a shirt and tie. First stop, in and out in a couple of hours and I think it was under a thousand or something for the whole lot. Even I was surprised at how easy it all was.

spiermackay

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there a strong appetite for Full Canvas OTR in this city? We've been tinkering with bringing something to the market for a while, since we transitioned over to the new Zegna group factory they have an incredible Full Canvas program (They produce the SS Full canvas line btw). We can bring in a Full Canvas in VBC Revenge 150's or Guabello 150's for $799 CAD or in a more hard wearing 110's/120's for $699 CAD.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there a strong appetite for Full Canvas OTR in this city? We've been tinkering with bringing something to the market for a while, since we transitioned over to the new Zegna group factory they have an incredible Full Canvas program (They produce the SS Full canvas line btw). We can bring in a Full Canvas in VBC Revenge 150's or Guabello 150's for $799 CAD or in a more hard wearing 110's/120's for $699 CAD.
Speaking for myself, good appetite for full canvas.

Where are the suits made? For those prices, I think there would be a huge interest.

PS. Hamza and I will be organizing the SF spring get together. We'll be in touch very soon.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon Gents,

Does anyone know where i can buy a navy glen check or prince of wales silk bow tie in Toronto? Ideally, I'd like to buy this one, but with shipping, duties/taxes, exchange rate etc. it will be cost prohibitive.

If anyone was looking to order from the site, and wants to take advantage of the bulk deals and combined shippping, please let me know.

Thanks!

blueline7

Reaction score
Good afternoon Gents,

Does anyone know where i can buy a navy glen check or prince of wales silk bow tie in Toronto? Ideally, I'd like to buy this one, but with shipping, duties/taxes, exchange rate etc. it will be cost prohibitive.

If anyone was looking to order from the site, and wants to take advantage of the bulk deals and combined shippping, please let me know.

Thanks!
I would never...but maybe this... ;)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20-...2760450283.html?spm=2114.01010208.8.32.09e9fu

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads