• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Simpsons: Your Favorite Episode?

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
Mr. Burns: What do you think, Smithers?
Smithers: I think women and seamen (*****) don't mix, Sir.
Mr. Burns: Yes, we know what you think.

Think it was one of the early Treehouse of Horrors.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These always crack me up:

7G01 (Some Enchanted Evening)

Bart with Lisa and Maggie
Phone call for Al...Al Coholic...is there an Al Coholic here?
Wait a minute...
Listen, you little yellow-bellied rat jackass, if I ever find out who you are, I'm gonna kill you!
Bart and Lisa laugh
7G01 (Some Enchanted Evening)

Bart with Lisa and Maggie
Oliver Clothesoff! Call for Oliver Clothesoff!
Marge picks up the extension and hears:
Listen, you lousy bum, if I ever get a hold of you, I swear I'll cut your belly open!
7G03 (Homer's Odyssey)

Bart with Lisa
Uh, is I.P. Freely here? Hey, everybody, I.P. Freely!
Wait a minute...
Listen to me you lousy bum. When I get a hold of you, you're dead. I swear I'm gonna slice your heart in half!
Bart and Lisa laugh
7G06 (Moaning Lisa)

Bart with Lisa
Uh, Jacques Strap! Hey guys, I'm looking for a Jacques Strap!
Oh, wait a minute...Jacques Strap
It's you isn't it ya cowardly little runt? When I get a hold of you, I'm gonna gut you like a fish and drink your blood!
Bart laughs
7F11 (One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish)

Bart with Lisa
Hey, is there a Butz here? Seymour Butz? Hey, everybody, I wanna Seymour Butz!
Oh, wait a minute...
Listen, you little scum-sucking pus-bucket! When I get my hands on you, I'm gonna put out your eyeballs with a corkscrew!
Bart and Lisa laugh
7F15 (Principal Charming)

Bart (in Principal Skinner's office)
Uh, Homer Sexual? Aw, come on, come on, one of you guys has gotta be Homer Sexual!
Homer says "Don't look at me!"
Oh, no...
You rotten little punk! If I ever get a hold of you, I'll sink my teeth into your cheek and rip your face off!
Skinner, on the other end of the line, says "You'll do what, young man?"
7F22 (Blood Feud)

Bart
Mike Rotch! Mike Rotch! Hey, has anybody seen Mike Rotch lately?
Listen to me, you little puke. One of these days, I'm going to catch you, and I'm going to carve my name on your back with an ice pick!
Bart and Lisa laugh
8F02 (Treehouse of Horror II)

Bart
Uh, Hugh Jass? Oh, somebody check the men's room for a Hugh Jass!
There is a Hugh Jass at Moe's; he takes the call
8F09 (Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk)

Bart
Bea O'Problem! Bea O'Problem! Come on, guys, do I have a Bea O'Problem here?
Barney says "You sure do!"
Oh...it's you, isn't it?
Listen, you. When I get a hold of you, I'm going to use your head for a bucket and paint my house with your brains!
Bart laughs
9F06 (New Kid on the Block)

Bart
Uh, Amanda Huggenkiss? Hey, I'm looking for Amanda Huggenkiss! Ah, why can't I find Amanda Huggenkiss?
Barney says "Maybe your standards are too high!"
You little S.O.B.! Why, when I find out who you are, I'm going to shove a sausage down your throat and stick starving dogs in your butt!
Bart tells Moe his name is Jimbo Jones and gives his own address: Jimbo and Laura Powers are making out in Bart's living room
9F06 (New Kid on the Block)

Laura Powers with Bart
Ivana Tinkle? Ivana Tinkle? All right, everybody, put down your glasses, Ivana Tinkle!
Laura and Bart laugh

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol
The most recent seasons are the best.

I find that's true only because the satire is more relevant.

God only knows how this was marketed as a children's show when I was 9.

One of the ones I really liked was the boy band one with Bart being an Nsync or Backstreet Boys clone with Millhouse, etc. When it aired it was absolutely spot on about the zeitgeist of pop entertainment at the time.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Out of curiosity, how old are you? Because I find it hard to believe anyone who has seen classic Simpsons episodes, (from season 3 to about 7 or 8) would prefer the newer episodes. The Simpsons isn't funny anymore, and hasn't been for a very long time. The stories aren't as well told, the jokes aren't as funny, and the show seems more mean spirited now than it used to.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favourite Simpsons quotes:

- I was saying Boo-urns!

- Done and done. And I mean done!

- Marge: Have you noticed something different about Bart?
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: No. He just seems disturbed lately.
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses.

- They have chocolate milk now?

- Would you like to be called Homer Jr? The kids can call you "Ho-joo"

- The Statue of Liberty?! Where are we?!

- No Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live, it's a terrible strain on the animators' wrists

- You know those guitars that are like...double guitars, you know?

- Stupid sexy Flanders

- But Aquaman, you can't marry a woman without gills, you're from different worlds!

I feel there are probably a hundred quotes funnier than that, but I can only remember quotes when I hang out with friends. Somehow, they just pop up.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dr Huh?
Out of curiosity, how old are you? Because I find it hard to believe anyone who has seen classic Simpsons episodes, (from season 3 to about 7 or 8) would prefer the newer episodes. The Simpsons isn't funny anymore, and hasn't been for a very long time. The stories aren't as well told, the jokes aren't as funny, and the show seems more mean spirited now than it used to.

Favourite Simpsons quotes:

- I was saying Boo-urns!

- Done and done. And I mean done!

- Marge: Have you noticed something different about Bart?
Homer: New glasses?
Marge: No. He just seems disturbed lately.
Homer: Probably misses his old glasses.

- They have chocolate milk now?

- Would you like to be called Homer Jr? The kids can call you "Ho-joo"

- The Statue of Liberty?! Where are we?!

- No Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live, it's a terrible strain on the animators' wrists

- You know those guitars that are like...double guitars, you know?

- Stupid sexy Flanders

- But Aquaman, you can't marry a woman without gills, you're from different worlds!

I feel there are probably a hundred quotes funnier than that, but I can only remember quotes when I hang out with friends. Somehow, they just pop up.

You just made a strong case there.
sarcasm.gif

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clown College! One of the few more recent episodes I love (and that one's probably ten years old, at least). The show has been garbage for years.

BC2012

Reaction score

100% disagree. Too topical/political now, much like an animated Daily Show. And the reuse of old story lines borders on self-plagiarism. It's understandable that the show would grow stale, though. But I've watched new episodes and they were so similar to ones made 10-15 years ago that it was embarrassing. More than a few surrounded Lisa and some talent (dancing, American Idol) and they all blended together into this amorphous blob of unfunny.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
You just made a strong case there.
sarcasm.gif

Like I said, I'm sure there are funnier quotes out there, but these were ones that came to mind, and they are funny.

Duff_Man

Reaction score
Like I said, I'm sure there are funnier quotes out there, but these were ones that came to mind, and they are funny.

"Stupid sexy Flanders" is one of my favourite lines ever. I use it often.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Feels like I'm wearing..nothing at all..nothing at all..nothing at all.."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads