• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Simpsons: Your Favorite Episode?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Homer: "To Alcohol! The cause of... and solution to... all of life's problems."
cheers.gif

Duff_Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FiveFiveFive
"The Homer They Fall." Moe's my favorite Simpsons character.
235px-The_Simpsons_4F03.png

Moe: Everybody wanted a piece of me, but somehow I just never made it to the big time.
Homer: Why not?
Moe: Because I got knocked out 40 times in a row. That, plus politics. You know, it's all politics.
Homer: Lousy democrats.

Moe: Homer, how would you like to be heavyweight champion of the world?
Homer: Sure.
Moe: All you gotta do is fight Drederick Tatum. It's this Saturday. Here's your parking pass.
Homer: Oooh, "general."

Marge: Somebody stop the fight! Where's the doctor!
Dr. Nick Riviera: Kill him!!! Kill him!!!

Homer: Are you an angel?
Moe: Yes, Homer, I'm an angel. All us angels wear Farah slacks.

Moe: Ah yeah that... they used to call that the stinger! They...they don't let you use that no more...

office drone

Reaction score
I always liked "Bart's Comet".

HOMER: Wait a minute! We all know the one thing we won't need in the future! Left-handed stores. That's you, Flanders!
(aside to Rod and Todd) I'm terribly story.
(aloud) Flanders is the only useless person here. If anyone dies, it should be him.
(aside) I'm sorry, please forgive me.
(aloud) So let's kick Flanders out.
(aside) Sorry.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those with Simpsons collector's DVDs, did you notice that Disk 1 does not have subtitles? On 2 seasons now I've noticed that my DVD player nor my computers recognize any subtitles present...

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stu
On't remember the episode. It had a classic scene though where they were in church and the hymn was " inagodadavia" lol when the blue haired organist started jamming on the solo.

Was it the one where Bart sells his soul to millhouse? Another great one.

He made the church sing "In the Garden of Eden, babyyyyy"

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ Lovejoy calling it "rock and/or roll".
laugh.gif

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
-homer goes to college
-marge vs. the monorail
-home the smithers
-lisa's rival

-rosebud (mr. burns and his bear bobo) which contains my favorite sequence in the entire series when burns and smithers try to break in (twice) to get the bear.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by embowafa

Lionel Hutz was ALWAYS good for some funny ****:

"But your card says 'no money down'" Oh they screwed that all up...
41779_108150085877767_7812_n.jpg

"Opps, I probably shouldn't have that bar association logo on there" as he rips it off and eats it.

KD-fens

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Imhoff
^^^ A great episode indeed.

But You Only Move Twice is by far the best episode of the Simpsons ever created.

In my top 3 with Cape Feare and Last Exit To Springfield. Really though, a flawless show from seasons 2 - 9.

*#..

Reaction score
Titanya: "But Duff Man, you said if I slept with you I wouldn't have to touch the drunk!"
Duff Man: "Duff Man says a lot of things! Oh, yeah!"

When Bart was studying for his final history test, he got one more day to study because of the blizzard. My favorite line in that episode:

John Adams: Look everybody! John Hancock's writing his name in the snow!

BC2012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KD-fens
In my top 3 with Cape Feare and Last Exit To Springfield. Really though, a flawless show from seasons 2 - 9.

I remember specifically when I felt the show fall apart: "The Last Temptation of Krust", S09E15.

It had been teetering on the edge for a bit that season but that episode did it for me. Crappy celeb cameos, unfunny topical humor, and a totally forgettable affair overall. It mostly went downhill from there.

Rather than name a favorite episode, I will name a season: 5. Homer in college, space, and in a tweed blazer as a professor.

secretsofasuccessfulmarriage1.png

Smartalox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BC2012
Rather than name a favorite episode, I will name a season: 5. Homer in college, space, and in a tweed blazer as a professor.

+1 000 000

Homer in space includes my most favourite Simpsons' line ever:

HOMER (on phone): Is this Bill Clinton... I figured that if anyone knew where to get some Tang, it'd be you!
It was years before the true subtext of that line dawned on me.

runners up:
- Last Exit to Springfield,
- Homer goes to College
- Homer and Apu (go to the Kwik-E-Mart head office)

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BC2012
I remember specifically when I felt the show fall apart: "The Last Temptation of Krust", S09E15.

It had been teetering on the edge for a bit that season but that episode did it for me. Crappy celeb cameos, unfunny topical humor, and a totally forgettable affair overall. It mostly went downhill from there.

secretsofasuccessfulmarriage1.png

*runs red light*

"IT'S OK!! I'M A TEACHER!"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

derdon

Reaction score
The Episode 'Burns verkaufen der Kraftwerk' is one of my Favourites and still a classic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads