• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

S K M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(kindly excuse my x-post)

Lindrick GMTO: Only one slot left!

Gentlemen,

As of now we only have one slot left on the Lindrick GMTO. The details are:

• Style: Lindrick
  • Last: 325
  • Width: E
  • Colour: dark brown shell cordovan
  • Sole: Double leather
  • Welt: Storm
  • Eyelets: Metal + speedhooks
  • Price: 583.33 pounds excl. VAT, or 700 incl. VAT

Shoe trees will be an extra 50/60 pounds (excl./incl. VAT), and shipping will be 10 pounds for the UK and 30 pounds for EU and the states – the rest of the world I believe will be around 50 pounds.

Some more very appetizing photos can be seen here.

This is the very last chance to join a GMTO of this boot no longer in production and even for the old price (before C&J's current price increase). If interested in the last slot kindly send me a PM asap, and the order will be placed next week - and you will have the bots in about 12 weeks time – just in time for autumn :slayer:

Cheers,
    SKM

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They all have to be E width, huh?

I wonder why this is the case for most shoe makers: that all shoes in a GMTO run must be the same width?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They explained to me it's because a different width will require a different pattern, end then it's no longer a GMTO :confused:

Weird. Aren't different lengths also different patterns?

Maybe they're easier to scale.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

He enjoys his shoes. Some people actually like a little color variation. What's the point of raining on his parade?

...because I have a long loath/hate relationship with Allen-Edmonds. They claim to be one of the greatest American shoe factories when in truth they've been speeding up the production process and cutting down the quality of their pairs with each decade. I could go on&on about the flaws but the usual ones are commonly listed on Styleforum: gaping leather around the ankles, torn seams, torn thread, no shank for support, poorest areas of the hide used as well, upper leather with veins and stretch marks, &c. The pairs are still better than most of the things we call "shoes" on sale at the local store, but A-E has not been among the greatest for many decades now. I've owned and handled their vintage pairs. Back then the factory made solid, good shoes -- it's the fall from grace and marketing hype of the current Allen-Edmonds that raises my ire.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...because I have a long loath/hate relationship with Allen-Edmonds. They claim to be one of the greatest American shoe factories when in truth they've been speeding up the production process and cutting down the quality of their pairs with each decade. I could go on&on about the flaws but the usual ones are commonly listed on Styleforum: gaping leather around the ankles, torn seams, torn thread, no shank for support, poorest areas of the hide used as well, upper leather with veins and stretch marks, &c. The pairs are still better than most of the things we call "shoes" on sale at the local store, but A-E has not been among the greatest for many decades now. I've owned and handled their vintage pairs. Back then the factory made solid, good shoes -- it's the fall from grace and marketing hype of the current Allen-Edmonds that raises my ire.

Ah, so you're going out of your way to make sure a fellow community member knows that you think his shoes are crap.

because you have a agenda with the company. Gotcha. Well, I hope you got some satisfaction out of it.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
recent pickup, hope they fit. damn do Rancourts sells at a huge discount on the secondary market.

Rancourt for BB "tan" horween shell cordovan Venetian loafers

Last edited:

mosy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here own cordovan shoes or boots from suit supply? I ordered their wingtip boots and they fit me well. The quality seems ok. Buy I'm really not sure if they are worth 650. For that I can spend a little more and get an alden or spend a few hundred more and get a C & J. Please let me know your thoughts. Here are some phone pics:

Thanks in advance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads