• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wolf vs Goat affiliate thread

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Here are some new ties and pocket squares. Most are 5 fold but some are 7 fold. I didn't make any 9 or 11 for June.

The WvG monogram is sewn by hand. The ties and pocket square are all hand sewn and rolled except for the self tipped ties. The tipping process is done with the help of a machine.

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Made in Italy with love. Knitwear in general is where WvG really shines. We have a couple hundred years collectively making knitwear.

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some new grenadine ties. The ties will be here in a couple weeks tops.

thehaven22

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Mauro earlier today. I was hoping to be able to order their new dress shirts and a couple of the 80/2 Egyptian cotton oxfords along with a handful of other things before I leave for a trip. I had emailed them over the weekend to see if I could order via email or phone, since I heard the products were in stock, but not been put on the site yet. After a few days of not hearing back (I guess Gina, the WvG support, has been swamped by emails lately), I decided to give Mauro a call instead.

Mauro was an absolute pleasure to talk to. He really took the time out of his day to give me a hand and make sure I was comfortable with the sizing, and any other concerns. He even offered to overnight the products to me on his own dime, which was a very nice gesture. He told me a little about the quality of the shirts, and the nice fabrics that he uses. If anyone is on the fence at all about any WvG products, I suggest giving Mauro a call or email; he seems super knowledgeable. I'm really excited to receive the products and experience them first hand.

Needless to say, the customer service Mauro offered was above and beyond. He really did me a favor, especially with the overnight shipping. Now I'm super excited to get the products in.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have any proper pictures, unfortunately, but these are the nicest pants I own.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Subbed. Interested to see those pocket squares and more about the knit blazers.

Pocket square are on their way from Italy, as we speak. The technical info on the fabric is as follows.
The cotton is made by David and John Anderson and is a cotton twill 200's 2 ply / 200's 2ply. The linen is also made by D&J Anderson and is incredible. The measuring system for linen is different but for those who do know the measuring process it's warp is 38/1 and the weft is 46/1. If you would like any other technical information I would be happy to give it to you.

As for the knit cotton blazers-

The fabric is made by " extra long staple Peruvian pima cotton ".
This cotton is really special and helps give the blazer it's maximum softness. The cotton is grown and harvested by hand in the
rarefied atmosphere of the Peruvian highlands , according to traditional methods and is certified , meeting all standards to preserve the original quality.

ELS is a fiber particularly long and thin that gives to this fabric unequaled softness. Please see a few posts about and look at the Filoscozia video.

The weaving is performed by craftsmen from Biella with flat knitting machines on jacquard armored looms.

The finishing (follatura) given to the fabric, highlights the features of the yarn increasing the smoothness and hand feel similar to cashmere.

The buttons are Mother of Pearl made in Italy.

Here's a pic again-

Best,

Mauro

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looks like the CM side got hit with the spam doctor, hard.

I have been receiving a lot of great feedback, thank you. Quick questions what is the preferred tie width on the CM side? I have a bespoke tie program so I can make practically anything but as a rule of thumb is 3.25 better than 3 or is 3.5 the go to?

Best,
Mauro

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good to know. The more I lurk and ask questions the better.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are some links to the pocket squares. I am sure everyone is familiar with David and John Anderson fabric. The linen that isn't not D&J Anderson was made on old wooden shuttle looms with an amazing Linen count rivaling D&J Anderson if not exceeding their standards which is a lot! Enjoy!

http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collectio...s/copy-of-100-cotton-solid-blue-pocket-square

http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/100-linen-blue-striped-pocket-square

http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collections/new-arrivals-1/products/blue-pocket-square

Remember if you aren't a rewards member the code is "Knot" for 50% off.

junglcmndo

Reaction score
Bought a couple pairs of dress pants from Mauro a few months ago and they are outstanding in every way from fit to material. I am excited for the direction wolf vs goat is taking dipping in to CM market and can't wait to try some of the stuff coming out. Mauro can you tell us a little more about the bespoke tie program? What is the markup? Honestly the only thing I would want changed is the length of the tie.

Thanks

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bought a couple pairs of dress pants from Mauro a few months ago and they are outstanding in every way from fit to material. I am excited for the direction wolf vs goat is taking dipping in to CM market and can't wait to try some of the stuff coming out. Mauro can you tell us a little more about the bespoke tie program? What is the markup? Honestly the only thing I would want changed is the length of the tie.

Thanks

Hi. Thank you for the support. I am happy you are happy.

The tie program is pretty straight forward. You may pick a fabric of your choosing or a fabric I have designed. If we can swing it and you want to design a fabric we can do that too. If you are a rewards member the mark up is "zero". It's the same as any other tie.
You may pick your fabric, your length, your width, and your desired fold. I make up to an American 11 fold. The 11 fold has no inter lining. I make a 9 fold and 7 fold as well.
Those 3 ties can be made without inter lining. The 3 fold and 6 fold will have a wonderful wool inter lining , everything is made in Italy.

I have a boat load of fine silks from some of Italy's best mills. I also have hand printed silks from the late 70's and 80's to the present. I have wool , cashmere, cashmere blends, cotton, silk, and silk blends.
You can shoot me an email at [email protected] if you are interested. For the most part the sky is the limit.
I can also make you a tie pocket square combo.

I am building my library to be photographed, now. I hope this helps.

Best,

Mauro

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That last grenadine with the block stripe is wonderful. Any possibility you'll do 3.25 width instead of 3 in the future?

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That last grenadine with the block stripe is wonderful. Any possibility you'll do 3.25 width instead of 3 in the future?

I will make sure I have some 3.25" tie and some 3.5" ties in the next drop.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads