• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found this badboy the other day.

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
That **** cray.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^Awesome. I am envisioning a Twilight Zone episode where a "Dusty Hunter" (that's what we call people who hunt for older bourbon on the shelf in the whiskey world---which may not be clothing related, but I should post a pic of my super awesome dusty collection) finds a vintage briefcase...he jokingly picks up the phone to call the "State 2-0339" phone number on the ID tag, and it goes through and he fonds himself speaking to Mr Benjamin Nelson, 36 years old, traveling salesman, and is immediately transported back to Chicago, 19xx where he remains. Awesome case.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The only real problem area on it are the two top straps. They are a little cracked and flaking. I was thinking of having them replaced with new black leather straps. Since this is for my own personal use, I'm not worried about keeping it "period correct". Any thoughts?

TheBurnOut

Reaction score
I think that'd work.

It would be pretty hard to match the original color exactly. I think the only other option is to have a contrasting color.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage Abercrombie and Fitch shooting jacket. The union tag indicates mid '60s to early '70s. Suede trim, heavy wool and leather buttons. Full canvas and hand attached collar. It was obviously used for its intended purpose, and used frequently. A few issues but salvageable if anyone would like a project. 42 L.

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
^ Very cool, especially knowing that it saw use! :slayer:

Cleaning out my hoarder-esque collection of shirts I came across this gem. A little big for me, one of many tailoring projects that I never got around to.

Last edited:

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
Golden Era Brooks Brothers Cord Sport Coat. It needs some work but is too ******* cool to let die. 40 Short.

Tweedy

Reaction score
Love the cape Spoo, great find!

Towers

Reaction score
Cross posting from the thrift thread;

A Paul Stuart tux in great shape from sometime after '49 (and if I'm right about union tags) before '62 when the (R) was introduced in the bottom left corner. If anyone knows who was manufacturing for PS and could help narrow down the date I would appreciate it.

Someone removed the basting stitches from the peak lapels and I think it was the victim of a bad press because the lapels make more sense to me like this;

Than like this;

Tough to see but the collar has lots of hand work;

Only one inside pocket and these three labels;

The pants with exterior suspender buttons, cummerbund a must with this one;

A 17.5" rise;

Talon zipper and all of the grosgrain buttons were done on a Defiance button press;

If anyone is in the market for a vintage menswear themed coffee table book, I was given this one for Christmas and it's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member