• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oxxford pants x3

Trafalgar

PRL made in USA

Vintage faconnable made in France

masaccio

Reaction score
I love the tag, but no room for something like this. Especially at $20.

Anyone know if a vintage Kelty like this would be desirable/flippable on eBay? Less for the money... I'd just love to see someone appreciate it!

Timeline on the Kelty website says they moved production from Glendale to Sun Valley in 1968, so one would imagine that's a pre-1968 pack.

Info in this recent Ebay listing suggests it's 1963 or earlier. And that one fetched $150 via BIN.

Seems worth the pickup.

EDIT: The last post in this forum thread has a price list from that period, including all of the sizing info for the packs, so with a couple of measurements you should be able to figure out the size and model.

Last edited:

OliT

Reaction score
This just happened:

Super heavy vintage pringle shawl collar knit. Probably the coolest I've ever seen. Just needs two new buttons and it's good as new.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hercules work apron.

LL bean vintage boots

YSL shirt with the logos all over, vintage Giorgo Armani shirt with a unique collar.

Silk Scarves.

Looks like a aviators cap.

A bunch of vintage college football ticket stubs.

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG
I almost peed my Zanellas. BIG THANKS to @JFST for an insane trade on this Luciano Barbera coat, basically new. Look like it was tailored for me
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Ballerest coat I've ever seen (suede details everywhere, comfortable, light, the wool is soft as ****, etc etc etc OMG)
drool.gif

It was an open trade so the bar is set ultra high for me to find his part :D

JFST

Reaction score
OMG
I almost peed my Zanellas. BIG THANKS to @JFST for an insane trade on this Luciano Barbera coat, basically new. Look like it was tailored for me
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Ballerest coat I've ever seen (suede details everywhere, comfortable, light, the wool is soft as ****, etc etc etc OMG)
drool.gif

It was an open trade so the bar is set ultra high for me to find his part :D
Looks awesome on you. Enjoy it!

Guitar Preacher

Reaction score
I know some of the thrift thread guys are beer thread posters as well. I found some great clothes today but probably happiest about these.

PGRoadhouse

Reaction score
Hey all, long time lurker on this and a few other threads. I've been a pretty steady thrifter/flipper for a couple of years for some of the obvious reasons (young, broke, into clothes) but have only lately refined my eye to the point where I regularly come up with good stuff. It helps that I live in a small up-and-coming city, as prices are lower and I face less competition, but there are way fewer finds of the calibre that pops up regularly on this thread.

That said, I found my first Kiton recently so I figured that this was as good an opportunity to join the fray. A major pop for me; I'm still over the moon.

As soon as I laid hands on it I knew this thing was special. Almost ethereally light and soft, the fabric is a 75% cashmere 25% wool barleycorn of sorts. The Louis Boston and Kiton labels confirmed that resoundingly. No structure to speak of; I don't know the age of this piece but the fit and construction of this coat was surprisingly similar to the modern italian silhouettes favored by Boglioli and LBM etc. Some unusual details on this one: it doesn't have a chest pocket or sleeve buttons. Very minimal and casual in its styling.

The color is a medium brown at a distance but rather beautiful up close, showing flecks of yellow, red, blue, and green.

From "M. Pearlstein Private". Similar unstructured quality to the Kiton above, in a wicked slate green wool/cashmere with a pick/blue overcheck. Tag is different from the Kiton, so I assume this coat has a different maker. That label look familiar to anyone?

Some research informed me that Murray Pearlstein was one of the owners of Louis Boston and the principal force behind the modernization of Louis during the 1990s. He died in 2013, and it seems Louis Boston is closing (or has closed) as well. A loss to the menswear culture of the East Coast, to be sure. I'm happy to have these jackets as tokens of that era and the individuals who set the stage for the way we dress today.

Pardon my grim winter scruff (and unkempt flipper's den). The sleeves are short, but a quick feel tells me that there is more than enough material in the sleeve to let it out an inch or so. These things make me feel like those despicably cool and relaxed young italian men that comprise 90% of all tumblr street photography (sans cigarette).

Sorry if that got a little long-form. I'm looking forward to envying everyone else's finds and occasionally dropping in with something cool of my own. Would anyone object to my posting a few groups of my better come-ups? I've sold a lot of good finds but I've been lucky enough to find plenty of excellent gear in my own size lately. Thanks! Let's hope I got the spoilers right...

Edit/ Did not get the spoilers right. Had prefaced the M. Pearlstein and fit pics but I lost those lines when I added spoilers. I'll figure it out.

Last edited:

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Is that an oxxford label? On the m pearlstein.

Last edited:

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie Your Tie and Battistoni (Legit, I hope? Is that an older label?) $3 each.

Both are going into the rotation. :happy:

AHS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics