• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilikethelights

Reaction score

Holy ****! Is that a Vicuna Flight Coat by chance?

It's an overcoat. What exactly qualifies a flight coat? This is pretty much it from tags besides the HF tag inside and the store in Iowa it's from.

Edit - here's what it looks like

Last edited:

rayxlui

Reaction score

It's an overcoat. What exactly qualifies a flight coat? This is pretty much it from tags besides the HF tag inside and the store in Iowa it's from.

Holy **** a HF Vicuna Flight coat.

CesarC

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been quite swamped recently and haven't had time to thrift. Went out once and found a handful of small items, might post photos later. Trying to keep up with you all, but you make it difficult!

Comments:

Quote:
rotflmao.gif

shog[1].gif

Passed up: Polo camelhair sportcoat, cool but useless for me and doubt there's much interest

also saw a cool, white silk or something "Lanvin Paris" jacket, again useless for me
eh.gif
I like camelhair... and silk...

One of my nicest finds so far...

They were a little dry when I found them, but a couple applications of Renovateur followed by multiple coats of Saphir cream and wax polishes got them pretty nice.

Can any of you John Lobb or boot aficionados give me any info about these? The construction looks identical to some of Lobb's equestrian boots, except these aren't nearly as tall as those I've seen on ebay or with a google image search.
Those are
cool.gif
, verrry nice.

So as you all know, my duties as Cuff Link King include finding tons of cuff links. Today, I found a couple that are a bit different from the norm.
Gator/Croc with retractable chain. Never run across this style before.

Combo, Swiss "Colibri" Music Box and Pill Case Cuff links

Crazy! I wonder what went into the "pill" box...

Thrift fit:

Was attending an event I helped to organize at which many higher-ups would be present, so wore a tie even though it would normally be excessively dressy for my work environment. The weird pose makes the break look worse than it is, for some reason.

too matchy? colors are less similar in real life and in natural light

Windy day = dusty shell

Details
Blazer: Corneliani, from Brianpore
Belt: Allen Edmonds, from Westling
Shoes: Nettleton shell saddles, E-thrifted (no brand listed).
Tie: Charles Tyrwhitt, free with online deal
Shirt: Charles Tyrwhitt, introductory deal (less than clearance cost)
Pants: Dockers, thrifted NWT
PS: no-name handrolled, thrifted

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift fit,
Hackett SC from Holdfast
BB light blue shirt
Saddle Club navy wool tie
BB mid gray flannels from Tubs, part of a suit
Alden shortwings, thrifted

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edit - here's what it looks like

Not a flight coat but still really ******* awesome! :slayer: :fonz: :cheers: Even though there are over 70,000 posts, there has only been a handful for Vicuna pieces in here, super rare and from what I hear, very, very expensive.
This is a flight coat:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-60s...39?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item2321d0643f

ilikethelights

Reaction score

Not a flight coat but still really ******* awesome! :slayer: :fonz: :cheers: Even though there are over 70,000 posts, there has only been a handful for Vicuna pieces in here, super rare and from what I hear, very, very expensive.
This is a flight coat:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-60s...39?pt=US_CSA_MC_Outerwear&hash=item2321d0643f

Ah. I knew it was something rare and expensive from this thread but didn't really know how much until I got home here since internet was spotty where I was at. Today's story short, my friend and I decided to get up this morning and leave town for the annual 100 Mile Garage Sale through Minnesota and Wisconsin. Most of the garage sales ended up being a bust but this was found in Red Wing, MN in a thrift. It was also 25% for some reason.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah. I knew it was something rare and expensive from this thread but didn't really know how much until I got home here since internet was spotty where I was at. Today's story short, my friend and I decided to get up this morning and leave town for the annual 100 Mile Garage Sale through Minnesota and Wisconsin. Most of the garage sales ended up being a bust but this was found in Red Wing, MN in a thrift. It was also 25% for some reason.

Is it your size? If so, I would wear that until it was in tatters. :nodding:

Last edited:

Shoeluv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So day 2 of my thrifting career, a little gun shy after buying a lot of stuff I will probably have trouble flipping. I convinced my 12 year old son to come with me by bribing him with Indian food for dinner. We talked about what we were searching for beforehand, I gave him a few names to look for Hermes and Zenga to keep and Arrow, Tommy Hilfiger, Stratford to discard. He was more into it than my wife was yesterday. We searched the entire men's section, found some interesting stuff. Being trigger shy now, I settled for 3 items leaving some Florsheim zippered ankle boots (they were made in India) and 3 Zenga ties.

First Item was a pair of earrings for my sons teacher who is an Eagle's fan:

The other 2 items were a couple of ties, I grabbed them before I even knew who made them because I thought they were beautiful.

Anyone know anything about the Chanel, it is in perfect condition as far as I can see? I see a bunch of ugly Chanel's going for several hundred dollars on ebay. Is this real or just idiots overpricing them? I thought my son would choke on dinner when he looked these up on my phone. Should I send up the Spoo signal, would he deign to show up for a newbie? He did step all over my post 69999 with his super 50 suit/sc post...
nod[1].gif

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads