• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to wait to post my stuff from today until the dust had settled from the Spoo/DM7 throw-down, but it looks like that might not happen for some time so here goes.
Ben Silver, available

Possibly fake Gucci, but is was basicly free, so I thought I'd chance it, available.

Sweet PRL braces, N/A

PRL Mackintosh style rain coat, hidden placket and horn buttons, sz XL, available

Some pocket squares I thought were cool, cotton on the left, silk on the right

Pringle navy blazer with Pringle buttons, don't think I've seen on of these posted yet

I was eying this book at Barnes and Noble since we moved down here. Being the cheapskate I am, I didn't want to pay $30, but $5 I can do.

Sweet PRL by Corneliani crushed velvet blazer, sz XL, available

Zegna 15 milmil 15 pinstripe suit, found the trousers in the womans section. Interesting side note, I didn't know what 15 milmil 15 referred to, so I looked it up. Apparently, the average human hair is 50-60 microns thick, while the threads in this suit are 15, lending it a super soft hand. Very nice.

By now, I'm sure you are saying to yourself, one crushed velvet blazer would be enough for one days adventure, but hold on.....
Gieves and Hawkes crushed velvet blazer, my first Savile Row piece, but the best part, fits like a ******* glove! Single button, jetted pockets, dual vented and ******* mint!

Oh, and these....
Nettleton wholecuts, really bummed these don't fit, they are truly beautiful.

Last edited:

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not only that, but I found out that two local flippers made out with about 20 recent suits by Stefano Ricci, Zegna, Brioni and Isaia from one of my daily stops. Not to mention ties from the same makers. All donated by the CEO of Dept 56.

Ugh. Made my day that much worse. Ignorance is bliss, my friends. :fu:

Ouch. I feel your pain. I once made a dashboard to show me high-end menswear being sold by local sellers. I soon figured out I'd rather not know what I was missing.

Last edited:

ShoutOutsFoMyBo

Reaction score
Picked up: 40r blue pinstripe oxxford suuuiiit, old zegna chalk windowpane suit with a tiny inseam on the legs

Passed up: Polo camelhair sportcoat, cool but useless for me and doubt there's much interest

also saw a cool, white silk or something "Lanvin Paris" jacket, again useless for me

Dolfan954

Reaction score
I was going to wait to post my stuff from today until the dust had settled from the Spoo/DM7 throw-down, b
ut it looks like that might not happen for some time so here goes.
Ben Silver, available

Possibly fake Gucci, but is was basicly free, so I thought I'd chance it, available.

Sweet PRL braces, N/A

PRL Mackintosh style rain coat, hidden placket and horn buttons, sz XL, available

Some pocket squares I thought were cool, cotton on the left, silk on the right

Pringle navy blazer with Pringle buttons, don't think I've seen on of these posted yet

I was eying this book at Barnes and Noble since we moved down here. Being the cheapskate I am, I didn't want to pay $30, but $5 I can do.

Sweet PRL by Corneliani crushed velvet blazer, sz XL, available

Zegna 15 milmil 15 pinstripe suit, found the trousers in the womans section. Interesting side note, I didn't know what 15 milmil 15 referred to, so I looked it up. Apparently, the average human hair is 50-60 microns thick, while the threads in this suit are 15, lending it a super soft hand. Very nice.

By now, I'm sure you are saying to yourself, one crushed velvet blazer would be enough for one days adventure, but hold on.....Gieves and Hawkes crushed velvet blazer, my first Savile Row piece, but the best part, fits like a ******* glove! Single button, jetted pockets, dual vented and ******* mint!

Oh, and these....
Nettleton wholecuts, really bummed these don't fit, they are truly beautiful.

^^Killing it lately.

Oh and 330...wow.

Just catching up with the thread, exams done. Forever!

Well...one more giant exam but thats easy, right GMMcL? Ha. Will definitely be thrifting so hope all these great hauls are a theme.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
One of my nicest finds so far...

I found out that two local flippers made out with....

Ugh. Made my day that much worse. Ignorance is bliss, my friends.
ffffuuuu.gif

Is there some sort of local thrift store rumor mill? Do employees follow the drama of flipperdom? I don't think I've identified a single flipper in Denver, though I have seen carts stacked to the brim with Lucky Brand and stone washed Levi's.

aglose

Reaction score

Is there some sort of local thrift store rumor mill? Do employees follow the drama of flipperdom? I don't think I've identified a single flipper in Denver, though I have seen carts stacked to the brim with Lucky Brand and stone washed Levi's.
I haven't seen any flippers in Denver/metro area either.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't seen any flippers in Denver/metro area either.

You would think living in a larger city, I would have come across more myself, but I can only think of 3 dudes. One is an older black gentleman who seems to only flip sports jerseys. I've actually run into him at the post office too, with a shitload of packages. Another is a younger Asian dude who always had a face mask and gloves on, his cart piled high with denim. The last one was some trashy looking white guy who always had a cart full of Nautica and Tommy Hillfiger. That used to make me chuckle. I haven't seen any of them in quite a while.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Although there is one spot I go to where there is a group of really pushy older women who sit by the door where they roll the racks out from and cherry pick ****. Super annoying and I can tell the employees get pissed about it too.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So as you all know, my duties as Cuff Link King include finding tons of cuff links. Today, I found a couple that are a bit different from the norm.

Gator/Croc with retractable chain. Never run across this style before.

Combo, Swiss "Colibri" Music Box and Pill Case Cuff links

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Looking good.
Deets?

Jacket is a Martin+Osa linen guy (clearance, marshalls)
Shirt is Ferragamo (thrifted)
Not sure on the tie-a blue knit (clearance, marshalls)
Belt is Jack Spade (clearance, tj maxx)
Pants are Odin for Target (thrifted)
Loafers are Ferragamo (trade from grendel)

A partial thrift fit today.

BB Fitzgerald Linen sc (thrifted)
Massimo Dutti FC shirt (thrifted)
Polo RL tie (thrifted)
Bonobos redrums (clearance)
Alden tassels (thrifted)

Robe for commencement, rented because for my alma mater I have to go to Ede & Ravenscroft and drop close to a grand!

Looking good man! Digging the robe..
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

silverwarebandit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Although there is one spot I go to where there is a group of really pushy older women who sit by the door where they roll the racks out from and cherry pick ****. Super annoying and I can tell the employees get pissed about it too.
You would think living in a larger city, I would have come across more myself, but I can only think of 3 dudes. One is an older black gentleman who seems to only flip sports jerseys. I've actually run into him at the post office too, with a shitload of packages. Another is a younger Asian dude who always had a face mask and gloves on, his cart piled high with denim. The last one was some trashy looking white guy who always had a cart full of Nautica and Tommy Hillfiger. That used to make me chuckle. I haven't seen any of them in quite a while.

You're forgetting the tall dude with greasy curly hair and the short bald guy with a fanny pack :D

The older guy is actually pretty nice, he's told me a bunch of info about different brands that I never even read on here. Also he gave me some rag & bone cords that he found since they were my size. :)

GM-H

Reaction score
Stuff from this week.

Six pairs of flat front Incotex pants. All size 40

Little NWT gift

PRL Corneliani flat front trou

J.Press tux from 1959! (shoulders are 17.5 and the pit to pit is around 22)

Recent Zegna silk/wool suit (tagged 56R, dual vent)

Recent Zegna Cashmere sport coat (tagged 56R, Dual vent)

Cheaney premium grades (11.5 D)

Prob should have passed on this, but it was $2. Its seen better days... Made in England Peal for Brooks

Orvis bag thingy

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
So as you all know, my duties as Cuff Link King include finding tons of cuff links. Today, I found a couple that are a bit different from the norm.

Gator/Croc with retractable chain. Never run across this style before.

Combo, Swiss "Colibri" Music Box and Pill Case Cuff links

Requote with pictures for awesomeness!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stuff from this week.
Six pairs of flat front Incotex pants. All size 40 Little NWT gift PRL Corneliani flat front trou J.Press tux from 1959! (shoulders are 17.5 and the pit to pit is around 22) Recent Zegna silk/wool suit (tagged 56R, dual vent) Recent Zegna Cashmere sport coat (tagged 56R, Dual vent) Cheaney premium grades (11.5 D)
LL
Prob should have passed on this, but it was $2. Its seen better days... Made in England Peal for Brooks Orvis bag thingy
:nodding: That briefcase is pretty cool. Today was pretty good, found 3 pairs of shoes (alden, church's, zegna), some other stuff. Will post later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads