• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey gang. New member, long time lurker. Looking forward to contributing some. My haul for the weekend, $110 for all of it. Not give away prices by any means, but I do feel I did pretty well for my money. Will be keeping these items, but will post other stuff that's available occasionally.
Brioni reversible jacket Brioni polo shirt. In need of an ironing, but like-new Brioni trousers, single pleated detail Unknown label. Le Mans auto racing sweater, made in Italy. (Any other automotive enthusiasts besides myself?) Barneys New York leather jacket
Well done! Wow! Well, being from LA explains those crazy nice finds...
I'm pretty happy with by $400, which will, um, almost pay for my expenses in LA (yes, I bought the jeans, and yes, that may have been a poor use of a little less than two months of cell phone bills).
It's great to splurge every once it awhile! Enjoy! :slayer: Not much today. Not pictured: - 2 Filson sweaters - Hugo Boss wool overcoat - Allen Edmonds Cascade Boots. Black. Vibram soles. 9 D Technics SL-D2 Turntable. Works great. Very clean. Good cartridge & original 45 adapter. Available.
MINT (possibly unworn) vintage B&L Ray Bans. Orange/Amber lenses. Really cool. Available

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big shout outs to dexconstruct for an excellent trade! Now I have a decent pair of black shoes for all those formal events!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

shirtsnmor

Reaction score
Cross post with better pics from the vintage thread. I just found a hunting jacket from E. Tautz & Sons. It is handmade and very heavy. It appears to be dated 21/9/15! It is in excellent condition (Sorry, the photos aren't good.) Does anybody know of any resources to find the potential value of it?

woodchuck312

Reaction score
My god, man! How many of those do you need?! The answer should be
as many as I can get my greedy little fingers on!

I'm addicted to the vintage Pendleton Board Shirts myself.
Found 5 of them at a thrift shop this weekend, ended up putting 4 of them back.... Moths are as addicted to those Pendleton's as we are, I swear it usually takes 3-4 wool Pendleton's to find the 1 that has no holes. Luckily the one that was pristine fit me well...always gotta try them on in store because I lot of them are shrunken as well, so between moth holes and being shrunk to hell it makes for an interesting quest. I have 2-3 of them now that I have kept and I have sold a few. I actually just bought 3 more on ebay tonight for a really nice price and i had expiring Ebay bucks.

I do have a Board shirt in medium i'll be putting up on the bay in a few days I think, its in a huge pile in the guest room.

los_face

Reaction score

Yah the new coach stuff is real loud but i'm a huge fan of the vintage leather bags/cases they used to make. That being said, that is a sexy quilted jacket!

I was looking for some shoes like, this and found these from J Crew. 

Incotex x2 that fit. I really like the tan/brown wool ones.

Assorted ties for myself. 

My wife always wears my Mountain Hardwear Monkeyman fleece around the house because it's so warm and comfy, so I was excited when I found her one

Great haul! I would rock everything there if i had found em too. I really need to start looking into the pants section more.

Dig it all, especially the Monkey Man. My Patagonia R2 is getting kinda long in the tooth, I could use a new fleece myself. (are you listening thrift gods??)

They do answer in time...Picked up an R2 and a nano puff vest from the Patagonia sale a few weeks ago for the ski season but hadn't pulled the tags off of em yet. Went to my go to thrift a couple days ago and picked up a North Face fleece zip up that is the same color/fit/polartec weight as the R2 and a patagonia synthetic down vest (same color as the nano puff) both in my size and for less than the tax on the sale items...needless to say i'm heading back to make a couple returns to the patagonia store this weekend.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For those of you that live in 4 season climates, when do you guys start to see spring stuff on the racks? February? March? I ask because I've started to see more polos and shorts in the shops. All of the winter stuff is on clearance or disappearing, presumably until next year. All of the scarves are in €1 bins. My wife and I are longing for some sunshine and, as a result, I'm pushing my ebay stuff in order to pay for a vacation to America in the near future.

Side note, I have Friday off from work, so I might head to Vienna for an all day thrift adventure. What's that mean? Freezing for the day in and out of shops, buses, trams and subways. However, if anyone's interested, I'll snap some photos.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Friskydingo

Reaction score

For those of you that live in 4 season climates, when do you guys start to see spring stuff on the racks?

Here in Oregon I can find something for any season at any time. There never seems to be more or less of any specific type (season) of clothing. The only things that seem to change are holiday themed racks (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, thanksgiving, yadda yadda yadda).

Last edited:

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Here in Oregon I can find something for any season at any time. There never seems to be more or less of any specific type (season) of clothing. The only things that seem to change are holiday themed racks (Christmas, Holoween, Easter, thanksgiving, yadda yadda yadda).

Interesting. I assumed it was only seasonal stuff, but our shops are so much smaller they don't have the space. During the colder months, I'll see 10 or so polos and during the warmer months 2-3 sweaters.

Please do!

Will do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads