• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I'd say it looks a little big overall, but nothing terrible. I don't prefer especially tight jackets. The arms are the first thing I noticed, though.
Note: I'm assuming that's outerwear, and not a funky type of SC, etc.

Yes it is outerwear. If I had to describe it I would say its a medium weight jacket, probably used for the fall going into winter (Those 50 or so degree days). I wanted to make sure the arms were the appropriate length to cover any bulky items that I would wear with it, possibly a heavy sweater or some sort of lightweight sc.

Quote:
Those are pretty amazing prices for the Cornliani and the Cuccinelli, particularly if they are non-outrageous patterns and sizes.

The Corneliani was just a navy mid-weight cotton blazer and the Cuccinelli was also navy with a grey collar. The problem is these items wouldn't be for me because the Corneliani stuff was too small and the Cuccinelli stuff was to big. It would be for a potential flip and that is quite a bit of money for me to lay down at this point.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ooof — just noticed that the Zanella tag says R in the Drop category. That means it's just a sportcoat, right?

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Loro Piana Camel Hair 42R
%24(KGrHqV,!ksE8OsZTsYEBPEi5-(HdQ~~60_3.JPG
%24(KGrHqN,!pcE7Bcvmh6+BPEi64n8W!~~60_3.JPG
You should be careful about calling these jackets Loro Piana. The fabric is from the Loro Piana mill, but the maker of the jacket is not Loro Piana. Seems like that is just the kind of thing an eBay buyer would ding you for.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You should be careful about calling these jackets Loro Piana. The fabric is from the Loro Piana mill, but the maker of the jacket is not Loro Piana. Seems like that is just the kind of thing an eBay buyer would ding you for.

Thanks,

What does a Loro Piana made label look like? Is it similar? This is a Saks jacket, and I have it listed as such on ebay. The fabric is still the nicest camel hair I have come across.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What does a Loro Piana made label look like? Is it similar? This is a Saks jacket, and I have it listed as such on ebay. The fabric is still the nicest camel hair I have come across.

Your auction says "Loro Piana 100% Camel Hair Blazer Jacket 42R Beige 2 Button Tan Sports Coat EUC" and the brand is listed as "Loro Piana." That is a bit misleading. The labels that Loro Piana uses vary by what kind of garment, but if Loro Piana made it, the label will be on the neck and will look something like this:

clintonf

Reaction score
Your auction says "Loro Piana 100% Camel Hair Blazer Jacket 42R Beige 2 Button Tan Sports Coat EUC" and the brand is listed as "Loro Piana." That is a bit misleading. The labels that Loro Piana uses vary by what kind of garment, but if Loro Piana made it, the label will be on the neck and will look something like this:

+1

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes, I adjusted the listing after your first post. I appreciate the info, I didn't realize there was a difference until now. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I don't want to mislead any potential bidders, much less get burned for it. I always appreciate the expertise on SF.

Last edited:

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a Z zegna blazer/jacket for 40. Not really my size at 42 L but I couldn't resist cause I rarely thrift stuff.

Anthony Jordan

Reaction score
2 1940s/1950s mechanical pencils and a pair of 1950s MoP cufflinks:

002-12.jpg

001-11.jpg

One pencil (the upper of the two) is a working "The Conway 50" by British pen manufacturers Conway Stewart and the other is a Pen-Cil-Scope, which acts as a two-in-one pencil and ballpoint pen, although only the pencil half is currently working. I have seen a 1951 F.A.O. Schwarz toy catalogue in which a sterling silver example, boxed, retailed for $6. My total outlay = £5.

zhirzzh

Reaction score
Found a pair of Salvatore Ferragamo monkstraps at my local consignment shop for $30. One of them had a quite noticeable scratch on the toe, but given that the last dress shoes I could afford were from Payless, it's still a noticeable step up.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a couple interesting items today.

- Mint recent Schneiders of Salzburg green Wool/Angora blend overcoat with leather trim/details. Nicest overcoat I've found. Wish it fit me. US 48. Tried it on and it seems to fit true to size. Full length - hits below the knee. Has some leather strap detail thing on the inside that I can't seem to figure out. Concealed button placket. Button adjustment on the cuffs. Available if anyone is interested.

DSC02991.jpg

DSC02992.jpg

DSC02993.jpg

DSC02994.jpg

DSC02995.jpg

DSC02997.jpg

DSC02999.jpg

DSC03000.jpg

DSC03001.jpg

- A first for me; a Borrelli tie. Pink and silver. Also available.

DSC03004.jpg

DSC03002.jpg

Please excuse the awful pics, using a cheap old camera today.

hmmurdock

Reaction score

Found a Z zegna blazer/jacket for 40. Not really my size at 42 L but I couldn't resist cause I rarely thrift stuff.

Might want to head back to where you picked up the jacket and find the pants to go with it as your label is clearly indicating that is an orphan suit jacket.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only went to one thrift store today, I have a stinking cold with major coughing phlegm etc... it sucks being ill but I had to get out the house.

Anyway scored:
2 pairs of brand new Hugo Boss wool pants. Usually I leave Boss on the shelf, but when its new and actually nice quality, I take. Size appears 50EU thereabouts.
SZ 12 Good condition Allen Edmonds Tassle loafers in Tan color. I might get some use out of them unless someone wants to take them off me.

- Mint recent Schneiders of Salzburg green Wool/Angora blend overcoat with leather trim/details. Nicest overcoat I've found. Wish it fit me. US 48. Tried it on and it seems to fit true to size. Full length - hits below the knee. Has some leather strap detail thing on the inside that I can't seem to figure out. Concealed button placket. Button adjustment on the cuffs. Available if anyone is interested.
DSC02992.jpg

DSC02993.jpg

DSC02994.jpg

DSC02995.jpg

DSC02997.jpg

DSC02999.jpg

DSC03000.jpg

DSC03001.jpg
DSC03002.jpg

Goodness me, that overcoat is really quality looking. Know nothing about the maker, but if I lived in a cooler climate I would jump on it. I dont need this kind of gear out here in California though :(
Tie = NICE.

Last edited:

toscano_adottato

Reaction score

DSC03004.jpg

DSC03002.jpg

If my wife didn't tell me I look terrible in pink, I'd snatch that tie right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads