• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toscano_adottato

Reaction score
Your auction says "Loro Piana 100% Camel Hair Blazer Jacket 42R Beige 2 Button Tan Sports Coat EUC" and the brand is listed as "Loro Piana." That is a bit misleading. The labels that Loro Piana uses vary by what kind of garment, but if Loro Piana made it, the label will be on the neck and will look something like this:

Yes, I adjusted the listing after your first post. I appreciate the info, I didn't realize there was a difference until now. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I don't want to mislead any potential bidders, much less get burned for it. I always appreciate the expertise on SF.

Not to pile on, but aren't the Burberry listings incorrect also? I once posted a jacket I found with the same label, calling it Burberry Prorsum, and was told that I was mistaken and that it was not really Prorsum.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not to pile on, but aren't the Burberry listings incorrect also? I once posted a jacket I found with the same label, calling it Burberry Prorsum, and was told that I was mistaken and that it was not really Prorsum.

Man, I'm glad you noticed that. I started the listing with a template I had from another burberry suit from a while back. I totally overlooked that. What would I do without you guys. Updating them now. Thanks

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Check out this Harris Tweed raglan top coat I picked up today. This is the first time I found one with the original fabric stamp inside (see 3rd photo). Has anyone ever run across this? I suppose it means it was the first piece made from that particular roll of tweed.

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a Z zegna blazer/jacket for 40. Not really my size at 42 L but I couldn't resist cause I rarely thrift stuff.

Might want to head back to where you picked up the jacket and find the pants to go with it as your label is clearly indicating that is an orphan suit jacket.

Ah, i see. :brick: i'm an idiot. I only looked vaguely but i don't think the pants were there...

edit : thanks!

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Goodness me, that overcoat is really quality looking. Know nothing about the maker, but if I lived in a cooler climate I would jump on it. I dont need this kind of gear out here in California though :(
Tie = NICE.

I had no idea about the label until I found a gorgeous down parka with real fur lining from them a couple years ago, ironically at the same store but in my size.

http://www.schneiders.com/en/

It's pretty high-end stuff. Sold at Barneys, Davide Cenci and Beretta in NYC and Syd Jerome in Chicago.

Last edited:

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had no idea about the label until I found a gorgeous down parka with real fur lining from them a couple years ago, ironically at the same store but in my size.
http://www.schneiders.com/en/
It's pretty high-end stuff. Sold at Barneys, Davide Cenci and Beretta in NYC and Syd Jerome in Chicago.

Any idea on MSRP? Would be interested to know if you could get a pretty penny for it.

costanaconda

Reaction score

Found these today, nice bal wingtips. Trying to ID them, but for $6, in a size that fits, I couldn't go wrong.
"Made in England Expressively for J.L. Brandeis & Songs." - printing on the inside.
Made in England on the sole, C Fit, Last 114 - Style JUS 256. Goodyear heel.

Are they crap or decent?

acosbysweater

Reaction score
Passed up some things today:

Pal Zileri 3/2 orphaned SC, unvented and had big ass gold buttons. It was a nice navy coat, but even at $3.50, I wasn't sure I could sell it. (54L)

Pal Zileri suit (complete) with damage. The middle button pulled out of the suit material and there was some lining wear. (54L)

A couple decade old Zegna shirts in tasteful patterns.

A pair of Zegna black, pleated dress slacks. The material was almost like thin denim. (34/32)

Giorgio Armani collezione dress slacks in a 34, unknown length.

I probably messed up not buying these, but I'm quickly getting to the point that I only buy things I am in love with or know someone here will want.

Did pick up:

My first J Press item, after stupidly passing up a badass lined overcoat, a tie with little embroidered pigs (?)

Charles Tyrwhitt grey ghingham Sea Island cotton barrel cuff shirt. (17 1/2/36)

Armani Collezioni modest birdseye black/grey suit in very good condition. No marked size, but measurements indicate it's close to a 42.

Paul Smith mainline light purple striped barrel cuff shirt (16 1/2)

Older Zegna white barrel cuff point collar shirt (15)

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gold buttons=blazer i.e. not orphaned. I can pay you the 3.50 :D

Last edited:

MattR

Reaction score

My first J Press item, after stupidly passing up a badass lined overcoat, a tie with little embroidered pigs (?)
It's weird, but I've been seeing tons of animal prints lately. Lots of stuff from BB and Vineyard Vines. Not sure why, but it's interesting. Your post makes me jealous, too, b/c I saw my first JPress tie in the wild. Very trad green w/ gold medallions. Would have been perfect, except for the extreme fading on the face of the tie. I have no idea where my JPress obsession stems from, other than its consistent trad offerings, but needless to say this really bummed me out.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gold buttons=blazer i.e. not orphaned. I can pay you the 3.50 :D

Hope for you it is the Pal Zileri Sartoriale line, very nice stuff

acosbysweater

Reaction score
News to me on it not being part of a suit. I believe it was very slick wool (worsted?), thus putting it into full suit territory in my mind. I guess I'll adjust my thrifting technique. I can't even recall the store where I saw it, but should I really bust ****** to go find it again? Also, it was not from the Sartoriale line.
Hope for you it is the Pal Zileri Sartoriale line, very nice stuff

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

royskeen

Reaction score
Went to Phoenix today on business. Picked up at Marshalls:

Brunello Cucinelli zip-up cashmere sweater (I'm keeping)
Rag and Bone Blazer (probably keeping)
Prada Dress shirt 16/41 (selling)
Loro Piana cashmere Sweater in large (selling)
E. Zegna cashmere sweater in XL (selling)

**check out my selling pages if interested

Left behind:

Lots more Rag and Bone (jackets, pants)
Corneliani
lots of Jack Spade
Ralph Lauren Purple Label Shirts
Theory Blazers and Suits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads