• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolfan954

Reaction score
I think we all need to band together on this.

We have a person, and his P.O. box. The post office should have security cameras. At my P.O., you have to show them the slip at the counter, which is on camera. If he signed for it, hes on tape. If he didn't, whoever did is on tape.

The police should definitely get involved. It is not too far fetched to reach out to the media either. Local news channels LOVE a tech story and love a story about some type of fraud. Your local news station would eat this up. Press helps move the police in actions they likely wouldn't have taken otherwise.

I would still file with the post office. There wasn't a claim that the package was delivered, but there was a claim that the person picking it up wasn't the designated person. That should give you some recourse with the PO, right?

Keep in mind, he is now reading this thread every moment. He knows its a matter of time before he is caught, and this is no petty theft. Felony status will probably haunt him forever.

Mex, why so pessimistic? Even if he fails, why lay over and die? I think he has several avenues to pursue this, and plenty of people living in CA on this thread that can file a small claims suit for him. In fact, since the fraud occured on the internet, I think you can even sue where you are eddie. It's not very expensive to go pro se into small claims, and plenty of the attorneys in this thread can help him pro bono. Obviously that is a LONG process, but getting served shows eddie is serious.

I hate this ****. People are such selfish ******* babies. They think "I thought of this grand plan to get a free suit" and don't consider the person on the other end who gets their sphincter stretched three sizes because of some douchebag. IDK, but if it was me, I would call everyone I can. If the police won't pursue it, they might help inform you of what you can do.

I wouldn't stop, $2300 is a ton of money where I come from. I'd be willing to throw another 1K into it just for my principles too if I were him.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know about half the posters in this thread are asian . Why ... Thrifting is a Hustle.

Really?! That true?!

You know what they say, don't hustle a hustler!

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what's this guys name?

i volunteer 10 bucks to register a domain name with THISGUYSNAMEISASCAMMER.COM and if we all put it in our sigs any time he gets googled by a potential employer they will get to read about what a scam artist he is

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Really, a mod needs to pull the IP address for this guy and look into the history of the PM conversation. That along with whoever signed for the PO box package b/c it was insured makes or breaks it. No clue how you spend a week knowing you're stuff is "stolen" and do nothing about it. Makes no common sense at all.

what's this guys name?

i volunteer 10 bucks to register a domain name with THISGUYSNAMEISASCAMMER.COM and if we all put it in our sigs any time he gets googled by a potential employer they will get to read about what a scam artist he is

EDIT: Personal public info removed, EVEN THOUGH it only took a minute to find with a quick google search..... if anyone cares, use google. but dont want to be ruffle feathers.

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

what's this guys name?

Count me in for $10

Last edited:

Brianpore

Reaction score
This really needs it's own thread in the main section of the forum so other members can see whats going on.....something like "How a SF member stole a $2000 Tom Ford Suit from me"

Im a car guy and you read on Autoblog and Jalopnik from time to time about how someones car gets stolen, and then the forum bands together and finds the SOB. Maybe it's this guy (maybe its not) but one way or another the Styleforum community should band together and find out wtf happened. As said, I'm sure there are plenty of guys in the LA area who can lend a hand as being 3000 miles away complicates things a little.

Last edited:

RobinHood

Reaction score
Got a pretty cool canvas/leather weekend bag today. No distinguishing manufacturers marks that I could find. Oddly branded for Tony's Pizza Service. My wife, a huge Office Space fan was excited to see TPS on the flap. I figure an engraved brass piece could be attached over the logo.

WTF? Is that wrongwrocks stolen bag?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd rather we all paypal eddie $10 so he could get his money back, rather than cyberstalk someone.

bee tee dubs, read the last ten pages. soz eddie :cry:

Last edited:

Brianpore

Reaction score
Quote:
WTF? Is that wrongwrocks stolen bag?
Wow averaging 1 post a year I see
lol8[1].gif

Brianpore

Reaction score
Damn, that's a bit creepy, posting someone's name and address online. Doesn't pnutpug have a related tale of terror from another forum? I'd take those down. ^^

I'd rather we all paypal eddie $10 so he could get his money back, rather than cyberstalk someone.

bee tee dubs, read the last ten pages. soz eddie
cry.gif

Quote:
What do you mean. I didnt post it online. He did, I just spent 30 seconds on google. It would be 100% different if I took his name/address from his confidential paypal info and posted it, which I would never do. I 100% feel that public info is public. Google me, a lot of people here have my name/address/info and considering I dont lie/cheat/steal I have no problem with that.

You really think I should take that down? Its off the white pages on google?? Its nothing you cant type into google and find, not sure how its unethical BUT if you think so just let me know. Not sure if you think I found his personal info some magic way or something?

PS - Although very upset by this situation. I think it should be moved out of the thrift thread. I myself have stressed in the past and believe this thread should really be about thrift bragging so sorry that I've continued to post non-realted thrift brag stuff. No more from me here.

Last edited:

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you mean. I didnt post it online. He did, I just spent 30 seconds on google. It would be 100% different if I took his name/address from his confidential paypal info and posted it, which I would never do. I 100% feel that public info is public. Google me, a lot of people here have my name/address/info and considering I dont lie/cheat/steal I have no problem with that.

You really think I should take that down? Its off the white pages on google?? Its nothing you cant type into google and find, not sure how its unethical BUT if you think so just let me know. Not sure if you think I found his personal info some magic way or something?

PS - Although very upset by this situation. I think it should be moved out of the thrift thread. I myself have stressed in the past and believe this thread should really be about thrift bragging so sorry that I've continued to post non-realted thrift brag stuff. No more from me here.

I agree with Brian. This dude did it to himself by scamming a member out of over $2k. It's all public info, all Brian did was post the public image next to the public name. Anyone searching in google would find this thread right below the Facebook link, nothing shady or difficult. And besides, maybe that will put pressure to get Eddies suit back.

Last edited:

Dolfan954

Reaction score
I agree with Brian. This dude did it to himself by scamming a member out of over $2k. It's all public info, all Brian did was post the public image next to the public name. Anyone searching in google would find this thread right below the Facebook link, nothing shady or difficult. And besides, maybe that will put pressure to get Eddies suit back.

+1

This is public information from a community of people trying to locate a scammer, who introduced himself into the thread in a delusion of hoping to brush this all away. Posting his address and encouraging something violent, which we have all said is what NOT to do in handling this, would be unethical. This is just good fact finding.

Brianpore

Reaction score
To end the public info debate. I have removed it, and asked other who quoted me to do the same. BUT i 100% see nothing wrong with it. It wasnt even hard to find unlike some things. Having such a unique name (only person in the US I think) makes it much easier then trying to find Mr. Smith in San Diego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads