• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick interjection here - while Im pissed off that EV got scammed too, and I dont blame him for seeking every bit of information to get a scammer nailed and/or his money and product back, its not worth it to stoop to lower levels with threats of violence and other stuff in that tone... while I agree with you and am pissed too, lets remember that the style in styleforum is keeping the high road. Stay classy yall. :)

Always the voice of reason...

Who would this police report be filed with? Does your local police dept have a "Unfairly Filed PayPal Disputes" division? Mine sure doesn't. Or do you think EV should call the Chino Hills police, 3,000 miles away, and see if they have a division for handling these types of cases?

I believe he is challenging the thief to show a police report he should have filed for all of his stolen personal items and the "fraudulent" charges...
That jacket looks great on you! Looks like it could be taken in a little bit at the waist. The tie, meh. Overall, very nice! I don't think you need a full length mirror. You got everything pictured! Would love some information on that watch too! It's very a classy dress watch that I've never heard of.... Looks like Patek Philippe. 

No love for the tie?! I love my ducks :)

And you should definitely check out NOMOS, they are a killer watch with an in-house movement made in Germany next to ALS and Glashutte Original. Really affordable too (when compared to other in-house watches) the model I own is the Ludwig

Last edited:

chiron

Reaction score

Who would this police report be filed with? see if they have a division for handling these types of cases?

The post was for the guy who had his info stolen.

The guy with the stolen laptop should have a police report right?

Last edited:

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who would this police report be filed with? Does your local police dept have a "Unfairly Filed PayPal Disputes" division? Mine sure doesn't. Or do you think EV should call the Chino Hills police, 3,000 miles away, and see if they have a division for handling these types of cases?

This is exactly right. Mexicutioner and I have a difference of opinion here in that he believes, perhaps rightly, that there's no hope. I think that there might be, but it will take a TON of persistence and work by the victim. But it will not be so easy as just calling the cops and expecting them to do something, although filing a report just to make a record probably isn't a bad idea. The cops are very good at solving liquor store robberies when everything is on tape, they have snitches and the getaway car won't start. They are not so much interested in a case like this that involves actual work and time spent.

And Spoo is correct in his exhortations to keep it classy.

Last edited:

NewToDress

Reaction score
I am feeling sorry for you too, Eddie. Lemme fix u you all about paypal negative though. Paypal actually let u send an instant payment and deduct from the bank account about 3-4 days later. And if there is not enough fund, the bank will get an insufficient fund fees and paypal will get a negative.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today is apparently MLB Day at the local GW. I picked up an NWT Cooperstown Collection Dodgers hoodie and an Authentic Collection Giants jersey. And for myself, a pair on New Balance Minimus running shoes.

woodchuck312

Reaction score

Maybe before acting like a smart ass you should read what we typed instead??

We are saying that the Asian dude should have filed a police report for his stolen computer, identity and unauthortized charges for $1,000's of dollars. I merely suggested that he should forward on the detective's name who is in charge of the case to assist with Eddie getting his merchandise back.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is exactly right. Mexicutioner and I have a difference of opinion here in that he believes, perhaps rightly, that there's no hope. I think that there might be, but it will take a TON of persistence and work by the victim. But it will not be so easy as just calling the cops and expecting them to do something, although filing a report just to make a record probably isn't a bad idea. The cops are very good at solving liquor store robberies when everything is on tape, they have snitches and the getaway car won't start. They are not so much interested in a case like this that involves actual work and time spent.

And Spoo is correct in his exhortations to keep it classy.

These stories are depressing.

Eddie, make sure your brother doesn't take the hit on that suit. He should pursue it with the cops. I'm assuming that even if it goes to court, you can also recoup legal fees.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
you are so full of ****. this might be the biggest lie i have ever read on the internet. you are either the stupidest person on the face of the planet, or you think we are all drooling morons. paypal won't let you send money if it makes your account go negative, you have to fund it, dumbass. that doesn't even make sense. then to top it off, the "thief" happens to buy a suit in YOUR size, have it shipped to YOUR PO box, and you realize the money is missing THE EXACT SAME DAY THE SUIT GETS DELIVERED

ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME????

oh my god. the audacity. most people, they are crooks, and they steal from you then slink off. yet you are so brazen you actually come back here and act like you are the victim. you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. i hope eddievdr sells me the debt so i can fly to where ever you are and knee cap you personally.

I cracked up laughing while reading this. Mainy, you're awesome! Eddie, I feel bad for you that this is happening! It should never happen between SF members! That crap is childish. I wonder just how dumb this "Wrongwroks" is. Maybe it's not stupidity.... Maybe he has "partial memory loss". Can't remember that he bought it and when he went to his PO box, he got a shock. "I don't remember buying this... ". I don't know. I got nothing nice to say to the "wrongwroks" guy.... Just don't come in here asking people to feel sorry for you. Nobody does! Do the right thing here and give back the suit OR pay for it. You should be banned from this site after everything is settled.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, this is where the Cliff Notes would be of some use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads