• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
Aren't PO boxes locked specifically with a key too? So this asshole is claiming that someone else picked up this suit from HIS PO box with that said key...? No, it doesn't work that way. Since this idiot already decided "Hey! I got an idea to put all my personal information on a sticky note on my desk, why not leave my PO box key too?!" AND even if someone did steal his keys, wouldn't it be very difficult to figure out which box was the one you're looking for? The PO boxes are numbered, the keys are not. AND how did the 'alleged' thief know which post office to go too? World's smartest thief? Nope! World's dumbest criminal.

Can I donate some money to you, Eddie? We need 23 people to donate $100... or 46 people to donate $50... STAT!

GHo

Reaction score

you are so full of ****. this might be the biggest lie i have ever read on the internet. you are either the stupidest person on the face of the planet, or you think we are all drooling morons. paypal won't let you send money if it makes your account go negative, you have to fund it, dumbass. that doesn't even make sense. then to top it off, the "thief" happens to buy a suit in YOUR size, have it shipped to YOUR PO box, and you realize the money is missing THE EXACT SAME DAY THE SUIT GETS DELIVERED

ARE YOU ******* KIDDING ME????

oh my god. the audacity. most people, they are crooks, and they steal from you then slink off. yet you are so brazen you actually come back here and act like you are the victim. you are a pathetic excuse for a human being. i hope eddievdr sells me the debt so i can fly to where ever you are and knee cap you personally.

+1

I want some of that action too. ******* loser.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
OMG I thrifted the sickest Tom Ford suit just now, its sick, has a $2300 price tag on it and everything

pics coming

crackup[1].gif
Spoo, you make me laugh! I I want to see a thrift fit too!

Typhoid Jones

Reaction score
1. It's a $2300 TF suit, not the American Revolution and not the Civil Rights Movement.
2. The cost basis of said TF suit was definitely less than $2300.
3. Throwing another 1k just for your principles would surely exceed said cost basis.
4. I'm sorry it happened like this.
5. I respect Dolfan's "We don't negotiate with terrorists" attitude.
smile.gif

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did I ever post this puppy? Got around to taking the rest of the photos. It has a couple of really tiny stains that the cleaners were unable to get out. It's all cotton, so I wonder if I could oxyclean those areas and hand wash it. I think it would fetch a decent amount on ebay, but maybe I would regret selling it in the long run. The sleeve width is gargantuan, otherwise I would have already decided to keep it.

Another recent find (n/a):

Found some other decent stuff, RLPL tie and RLPL polo, stefano ricci tie, ted baker tie, bunch of brooks. Hoping to get to it this weekend.

Last edited:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Aren't PO boxes locked specifically with a key too? So this asshole is claiming that someone else picked up this suit from HIS PO box with that said key...? No, it doesn't work that way. Since this idiot already decided "Hey! I got an idea to put all my personal information on a sticky note on my desk, why not leave my PO box key too?!" AND even if someone did steal his keys, wouldn't it be very difficult to figure out which box was the one you're looking for? The PO boxes are numbered, the keys are not. AND how did the 'alleged' thief know which post office to go too? World's smartest thief? Nope! World's dumbest criminal. Can I donate some money to you, Eddie? We need 23 people to donate $100... or 46 people to donate $50... STAT!
I nominate MartiniGirl for the positions of Prosecutor and Town Crier.

MZhammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just so we're clear, saying he was scammed out of over 2k isn't adding value on principle it is essentially a gain that could predicably be realized. Not cost basis but real nonetheless. Value of the item is the market rate.

Last edited:

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aren't PO boxes locked specifically with a key too? So this asshole is claiming that someone else picked up this suit from HIS PO box with that said key...? No, it doesn't work that way. Since this idiot already decided "Hey! I got an idea to put all my personal information on a sticky note on my desk, why not leave my PO box key too?!" AND even if someone did steal his keys, wouldn't it be very difficult to figure out which box was the one you're looking for? The PO boxes are numbered, the keys are not. AND how did the 'alleged' thief know which post office to go too? World's smartest thief? Nope! World's dumbest criminal. Can I donate some money to you, Eddie? We need 23 people to donate $100... or 46 people to donate $50... STAT!
Actually sent a small donation this afternoon after the post with the negotiation PMs.

MartiniGirl

Reaction score
I nominate MartiniGirl for the positions of Prosecutor and Town Crier.

Prosecutor, yes. Town Crier, maybe....

Quote: Actually sent a small donation this afternoon after the post with the negotiation PMs.

That's awesome! Now we need more of you to do so!

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got home from work to read the rest of this **** storm. I'm thinking dude will just return the suit after reading the last 100 posts or so. Sorry Eddie, this **** ******* sucks. On another note, I had a GOOD trade with our respectable member Ocoony, dude is a seriously great guy. This came in the mail for me yesterday. I plan on swapping out the brass buttons with horn. Talk about **** you!

Hanger makes it look like it's got huge shoulder pads, they are in fact normal size. He also sent me this badass LP linen shirt! :slayer:

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wife crammed my newly crippled (handicapped if you prefer) ass into the car yesterday and I hit a thrift for the first time in 6 weeks. Spoils were meager: Polo cord jacket, Getz/Gilberto on vinyl - but fun was had.

Just listened to that before work today (also a thrift find), one of my favorite albums.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have anything to brag - but I think that expectation's been temporarily lifted:

I will say this. When I originally joined the community I was involved in a trade gone bad. Paypal'd the money and seller went dark. Tried multiple ways to get my money back or the jacket but being the generous and naive person I was I waited beyond the 45 day Paypal limit to file a dispute....
I resorted to threatening to expose this individual (who also, I found, had an active arrest warrant) I was going to post all the info on here unless he sent the jacket or my money. Long story short, he ended up coming out of the dark and sent the jacket so I never had to post it all. But it took almost three months to get it resolved and I honestly believe it wouldn't have turned out right unless I resorted to that threat.

Carry on.

I suspect I know who this member is. Maybe I've been too nice (in the morning I may PM you to ask what threats were effective, see below for why "in the morning." Then again, I'm only writing off two bits or a tweed jacket.

Sadly it's long gone. The chicks name was posted along with her city and someone reported it so the whole thread was black-holed. :brick:

But I bet you can still find some of that on the banned ebay buyers list.

OMG I thrifted the sickest Tom Ford suit just now, its sick, has a $2300 price tag on it and everything

pics coming

Awww, Spoo's posting while drinking again. Not that there's a glass of wine next to my laptop or anything.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A
Actually sent a small donation this afternoon after the post with the negotiation PMs.
What a guy!
How dare you guys post your thrift finds in the midst of the passionate talks of principles, extreme measures, English accents, burden of proof, and angry mob mentality!

JK JK!
lol8[1].gif

Damn, Ezy, you gotta do a thrift pic in that FU SC! Wow!

size 38R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC, it was $14.99, still in the box looking unworn. Inscription on back to an employee of Standard Oil of California on his 30th anniversary. May 1974.

That may be one of the finest watches ever thrifted,
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
-trust me, i know a little about this.
shog[1].gif

again, awesome pickup watches get almost no airtime. when they deserve to be bragged about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members