• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit English

Reaction score
Today I found a nice London Fog trench coat in size 38 for $10 that I was pretty excited about. It has a removable lining and looks like it was only worn a few times.

Ryan Graber

Reaction score
Nothing spectacular tihs go-around,
I got two work shirts, A diesel supershirt and a light blue christian dior monsieur shirt.(5 and 3)
(Off of flea-bay I also picked up a Dolce and Gabanna V-neck sweater and a Just Cavalli casual button front I had my eye on since the run-way 2 years ago for 20 and 40 a piece)

tsaltzma

Reaction score
Today went well.
smile.gif

Pendleton car coat NWOT
Allen Edmonds belt
recent BB Tie & BB tan poplin suit
Heschung norwegian bluchers
Cavanagh pocket fedora

and for the kitchen

Maxim WT-46 warming tray.

blueorigami

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SimonC
Two pairs of shoes today - a pair of Alden double-sole cordovan derbies.....

Congrats on the Aldens. I've only ever found one pair of Alden shells here in Chicago, but they are not as versatile as these. I've always been surprised how few Aldens I see here. Lots of other stuff, and good stuff at that, but very few Aldens. Maybe when I finally catch the white whale of cordovan Alden derbies, I'll give up my thrifting ways.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Doing some out of town thrifting today and picked up about half a dozen narrow Tradly/Mad Men ties then came across a small Hartmann tweed bag similar to this one. Mine is definitely older, not sure how old. I'm looking forward to cleaning it up. $5 for the lot. I've got a couple of more stores in my sites for tomorrow. Out of town thrifting is always an adventure.

Astan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
tumblr_kx520zbM5s1qa2j8co1_500.jpg

It was kind of a nice coat, too. If anybody's 6'11", I left it at the Hollywood Goodwill...

haha since you did that piece on thrift shopping, jesse, that goodwill on hollywood is packed. i can't find a single good thing in there... moving on to eagle rock.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by antirabbit
Im in a slump....
frown.gif

Same here.... seems like my local Goodwill went back to sending the good stuff to their boutique, so the racks are back to being packed with Arrow shirts and moldy polyester suits. :sigh: Has anyone else noticed that this year's tax-season donations suck in comparison to those of past years?

clearsky

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago, I picked up a navy blue Giorgio Armani DB suit jacket in perfect condition for $25. It fits great as well
smile.gif

clearsky

Reaction score
BTW any Chicago thrifters in here? Where do you go? I've only tried my luck when I visit NY..

mco543

Reaction score
The only decent thing i've found in awhile is a signed Philippe Venet pocketsquare/scarf thingy thats creme colored with roses on it.

No idea what its value could possibly be, but for 2.00 it was nice.

tshaw

Reaction score
An almost brand new pair of black AE Park Avenues (worn a couple of times) for $9.99, complete with shoe bags, shoe trees and box at Goodwill. I smiled myself out of the store..

T
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics