• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They say persistence pays off, right? Well, that's what I keep telling myself. Still waiting for tax season to show it's face.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOO REAAAAALLLLL

I havent found anything this whole tax season. Woe is me :embar:

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What the hell is going on with all the vintage hiking boots lately?

Synergy for sure - just passed on some Matterhorn hiking boots. I wasn't sure about the quality because the edging all around the top appeared to be vinyl.

Out of focus and over-exposed thrift fits for the day:
HT SC - thrifted
Etro tie - thrifted
Zara slim fit shirt - thrifted
PS - thirfted. Not quite right but Blue + Red = Purple from more than a few feet away
Boss pants - retail
Overcoat - thrifted
Sorrels - retail
Shoes? Thrifted, hidden away in my brand new Filson bag (bought with my ebay sales money).

Last edited:

IRKSM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guys check out frenchys tumblr he has made a few more cool finds lately

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can anyone (SW&D dudes?) give me any more info on these? I know where they're sold, but had never heard of them.
Madras! Goes to figure on one of the bone-chillingest days so far!
Wow, nice finds!! Warehouse is a Japanese maker. Damn nice stuff with great fits. Retail is $250-ish. They did a collab with J.Crew recently and I missed out on a pair in my size for $40 last year :fu:

bytor13

Reaction score
Wow, nice finds!! Warehouse is a Japanese maker. Damn nice stuff with great fits. Retail is $250-ish. They did a collab with J.Crew recently and I missed out on a pair in my size for $40 last year
ffffuuuu.gif
Thanks, Nat! My Google-fu wasn't working on the jeans.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up this neat wool and silk scarf. N/A

Heavy, thick, wool cable knit N/A

OG mens Hudson Bay blanket jacket

It was one of the few times my wife came with me and she found this pretty cool green leather purse.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. All those charvet shirts in what look to be great condition. W o w. Only picked up a few things today:

Alden indy boots.. not sure on size, it's rubbed off, probably 9.5ish. Not in the best of shape but.... indy boots for $4.50

9WLW3tS.jpg

oCuWMc0.jpg

mint womens ll bean insulated maine hunting boots
hIzK7XC.jpg

florsheim imperial shell cordo loafers
a68ECZi.jpg

nice AE penny loafers
Re8YFyO.jpg

got some other stuff too... 3 button 44l zegna traveler suit dual vent, patch madras polo pants, fray shirt

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither of these are new pickups, per se, but they are things that I've grabbed for myself. Unfortunately the tailoring costs are a bit more than I want to pay at this point in time, so both available. Both are around a 38R/ish.

H. Freeman & Sons wool flannel FU POW. FF Plants.

hfs2.jpg

hfs.jpg

hfs3.jpg

Older Jos A Bank 3 piece gray suit. FF pants, sack. Solid gray. Really nice piece, looks similar to the suit worn in the fit pic green machine (IIRC) posted yesterday.

jos1.jpg

jos3.jpg

josa3.jpg

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow. All those charvet shirts in what look to be great condition. W o w. Only picked up a few things today:

Alden indy boots.. not sure on size, it's rubbed off, probably 9.5ish. Not in the best of shape but.... indy boots for $4.50

9WLW3tS.jpg

oCuWMc0.jpg

hIzK7XC.jpg

a68ECZi.jpg

nice AE penny loafers
Re8YFyO.jpg

got some other stuff too... 3 button 44l zegna traveler suit dual vent, patch madras polo pants, fray shirt

Indys are my grail thrift find.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[/SPOILER]

Indys are my grail thrift find.

i was pretty pumped to find them. i've thrifted 3 pairs of alden boots life time now (4ish years of thrifting):
shell cordovan chukkas, burgundy, too big for me - sold to japan for $355
dead stock pebble grain on vibram sole, too narrow for me - sold for $165
now these.... a size too big for me LOL

i've probably thrifted 50-75 pairs of alden shoes in that timespan but only the 3 pairs of boots. go figure

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boots are pretty much the hardest thing to thrift, IMO.

Rarely do I find good ones. If I do find a nice pair, they are usually twerked to ****.

csoukoulis

Reaction score
who makes jackets for Battistoni? Found a ******* SWEET herringbone navy 2 button, side vented, ticket pocket having 100% winter weight cashmere sport coat. its like a thick flannel cashmere. It looks like it may have been worn once. Very recent.

los_face

Reaction score

guys check out frenchys tumblr he has made a few more cool finds lately

I joined after Frency disappeared but based off what he's posted we are in the same hunting grounds...I passed on his suede bally loafers in store a while back and was checking out his retro glass/wood coffee tables after they were purchased and put aside with a sold sign on em

Wow, nice finds!! Warehouse is a Japanese maker. Damn nice stuff with great fits. Retail is $250-ish. They did a collab with J.Crew recently and I missed out on a pair in my size for $40 last year :fu:

+1 warehouse denim gets a lot of love for their fit and fades. good spot

nice AE penny loafers

Solid shoe haul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads