• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dudes start going through your post histories. this is going to be epic.

Unfortunately, the only thing I have is the $20 Versace jacket I found that Spoo turned into $521. That's got to be good enough for tenth place on the ebay monies, right? Top 25? Am I even in a bowl game?

caseyfud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First a HUGE shoutout to caseyfud for an awesome Borrelli shirt and proxying some Pantharella socks. They came today and everything's awesome, thanks man!

Glad to help!

highlifeman

Reaction score
Haven't posted in a few weeks, been really busy at work, also sick, and just havent gotten out as much as I normally like to. You guys have been tearing it up like crazy, as seems to be the norm lately!

Here are my finds from the last few weeks, nothing spectacular but a few decent finds......

First up, the coolest of my finds, this NWT/deadstock Woolrich jeans jacket w/ Indian Blanket print (at least I think thats what it is..) Size L- prob. going to the bay..

TM Lewin (keeping); Seafoam green RLPL Size L (avail)

Fairly recent (newer tag) Oxxford Onwentsia, 44L, (hem on inside needs to be resewn)

Santoni Bit Loafers, Sz 11

Couldnt resist this but dont know exactly why...LL Bean thinsulate lined tweedish SC...Size L (prob @ 44ish)

Sweet BB Madras SC, tagged 42 but fits smaller so keeping for now

Paul & Shark wool sweatshirt w/ Gore windstopper lining, size L

Navy FF Incotex, Sz 36

Polo (USA) Olive Green camelhair SC, 42 L, a few nicks as camelhair is prone to have happen but
overall fairly good shape

If any of you have lady friends size S & 7/12 AA

Unworn Ferragamos

Size small NWT Orvis silk shirt....

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[COLOR=0000CD]HUGE SHOUT OUT to the one and only SPOO[/COLOR]
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I get a PM saying "there was no time to warn you"
and this link that he just ethrifted this shirt for me http://www.ebay.com/Authentic-Kiton-Mens-L-S-Dress-Shirt-US-14-5-31

Spoo is the man! :slayer:

hmmurdock

Reaction score
I officially declare today.....UGLY SHIRT WEDNESDAY

I know what you're thinking....**** I've seen uglier. What a waste of a post.

All hail the KING OF THE SKEETS!

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

[COLOR=0000CD]HUGE SHOUT OUT to the one and only SPOO[/COLOR]
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

I get a PM saying "there was no time to warn you"
and this link that he just ethrifted this shirt for me http://www.ebay.com/Authentic-Kiton-Mens-L-S-Dress-Shirt-US-14-5-31

Holy cow, wow, just damn wow wow wow wow.

Spoo is awesome guy, he also has this Midas touch, high end gear just gravitates towards him.

In a surreal parallel universe, he would only need to walk past a store and his mere presence would cause the highest end gear to rain down into his large vintage Louis Vuitton case. In a billion years from now his reincarnated self would become the first man to find perfectly preserved Hermes gear in a fossil dig. Others would find boring bones turned into rock, he would find well tailored wares.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

First a HUGE shoutout to caseyfud for an awesome Borrelli shirt and proxying some Pantharella socks. They came today and everything's awesome, thanks man!

Not thrifted, but I picked this up today

2013 Volvo S60 T5 Premiere w/ AWD, heated front and rear seats, heated washer fluid nozzles, and remote start

Now to catch up on the thread

Nice!! I had a Volvo '01 S60 T5 followed closely by an '05 S60 R. Sold it for the best (or so I thought)t. I get the mod bug on almost every car I own and with the Volvos it got expensive quick. I'm talking full Heico exhaust, Heico ECU reflash, Volution wheels, shift kit, etc. Sold it for a car that I felt was so plain-jane I wouldn't feel the need to do mods. Wrong. :laugh:

dudes start going through your post histories. this is going to be epic.

:lurk:

Also saw some brand new KMW jeans with red/blue selvedge but was definitely not my size (I can get it if anyone wants it). Hopefully I stumble across some more finds

Whaaa? Should have grabbed these regardless if they costed under a Jackson.

Ah ****. Guessing at least one of these are stores I frequent as well?

Sadly yes, at least a few of them. I hope they at least throw us a bone once in awhile. They didn't even do that today and I know they had some amazing stuff. :brick:

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice!! I had a Volvo '01 S60 T5 followed closely by an '05 S60 R. Sold it for the best (or so I thought)t. I get the mod bug on almost every car I own and with the Volvos it got expensive quick. I'm talking full Heico exhaust, Heico ECU reflash, Volution wheels, shift kit, etc. Sold it for a car that I felt was so plain-jane I wouldn't feel the need to do mods. Wrong.
laugh.gif

Not getting into mods yet, but I've read about the Polestar tuning... Just enjoying it as is for now. It's the first time I've enjoyed driving in like 15 years (stupid kids).

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Wow didn't even recognize the side profile of that Volvo... I loved the S60's my parents had for a while, and the T5's were a lot of fun even in stock form.

Got the Filson safari coat I found a week or two ago back from the cleaners. No more aromas of urine! On the downside, there was a little printed tag hanging from it that read: Special attention has been given to this garment but the spots or stains remaining cannot be removed without causing damage to the color or material. We call this to your attention so you may realize that it has not been overlooked. It's like
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
for doing what you could, but
ffffuuuu.gif
, I paid almost as much for the special cleaning as I did for the jacket. Hopefully it'll break even on the bay.

Is Kanye wearing a leather kilt at the 12/12/12 concert?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads