• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

workthatwedo

Reaction score
TRAD 3/2 Suit, 38R with flat fronts. I believe White was quite big within the Yale community.
NormanHilton38RSuit.jpg
Very intrigued. My norman hilton sport coat is my favorite. A suit could be amazing.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very intrigued.  My norman hilton sport coat is my favorite.  A suit could be amazing.

Agreed, in fact I'll post a fit pic of me in mine as soon as the pants get back from the tailor. :slayer:

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Those Aldens are the thing dreams are made of.

matty long legs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed, in fact I'll post a fit pic of me in mine as soon as the pants get back from the tailor. :slayer:
Very intrigued.  My norman hilton sport coat is my favorite.  A suit could be amazing.

Love Norman Hilton. I was ogling my NH wool/cashmere navy blazer when I got home from work today. I'm desperate to wear it ASAP.

Last edited:

grendel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, these are pretty rad. I get the hype of grenadine now. The weave is amazing. I wish I had more money to spend.
Well, if you're just looking for grenadines to wear, not flip, then check this out from putthison.com:

http://putthison.com/post/18498460645/the-more-affordable-grenadine-this-past-monday-i

I just received 2 grenadines from Chipp2 and wore a chocolate brown one today. Really fabulous ties for around $50 / each shipped and they got here in like 2 days.

EDIT: Speaking of putthison, now I really want a wool shawl cardigan. Dammit.

Last edited:

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, if you're just looking for grenadines to wear, not flip, then check this out from putthison.com:

http://putthison.com/post/18498460645/the-more-affordable-grenadine-this-past-monday-i

I just received 2 grenadines from Chipp2 and wore a chocolate brown one today. Really fabulous ties for around $50 / each shipped and they got here in like 2 days.

EDIT: Speaking of putthison, now I really want a wool shawl cardigan. Dammit.

What is their quality compared to a company like Drake's? Pm, if that is more appropriate. Thanks!

46n2

Reaction score
Jesus whiz, man!..how do you find all the cool streetwear stuff? Been at this almost two years, never seen APC.
(Also, try those on; 32 might actually fit a 34 :p )

Dunno. just do i s'pose
rolleyes.gif

tried 'em on . way too tight. BTW I dont how some of these ppl wear these low rise jeans. hurts my junk to sit down.
wow.gif

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What size? I have a few in the 41 to 44 range (including heavy flannel) i haven't listed that I've held for like 9 moths....Gray pinstripe and maybe a solid...possibly a few others. PM me if you are in the size range.

workthatwedo

Reaction score
What size? I have a few in the 41 to 44 range (including heavy flannel) i haven't listed that I've held for like 9 moths....Gray pinstripe and maybe a solid...possibly a few others. PM me if you are in the size range.

Well I was intrigued by that posted one because it is a 38R like me. However, I do know a size 44 person in your town that might be interested. I'll have him get at you if he is.

Patrologia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Capnwes, you requested sole shots of the shell wings I found. Here they are at the end of a long day. I included a shot of the heel, but I don't think it is original.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TRAD 3/2 Suit, 38R with flat fronts. I believe White was quite big within the Yale community.
NormanHilton38RSuit.jpg

Yep, It was a respected menswear shop. It's funny that I found a SC from a buttersoft English tweed ( or tweed weave- feels like cashmere almost) woven for Norman Hilton with throat latch today from White. Left another one since I was not sure what to do with two. Won't fit as usual, a 41.
I got sooo much stuff that my spouse called me a hoarder finally. Well, when she does it it's official. So i gotta start taking pics.
Oh, I also got a cavalry twill navy 3/2 sack Yale coop blazer and a nice shape AE Stratton madalion captoe in black 9.5C. All will be available when I can get down to photo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads