• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
only made it to 2 stores today ,hopped on the glasses bandwagon and grabbed these
ZQFIr.jpg

3r2TJ.jpg

polo ralph lauren made in italy, mint condition. available, i couldn't pull these off

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Hey all - a bit of a rookie at thrifting. Have only been a couple times. Went today with the girl to specifically hunt for shoes or blazers.

Ended up finding these. Got them for $45. Can anyone help me verify them?

Not any Ferragamo...these are the real deal. Tramezza's!! Nice find!

Canali striped silk/cotton, Etro paisley silk

Love that Canali!! Simple and awesome.

horse's_ass

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
VLSI -- Not sure if this is what you are asking, but the logo with the red "HH" is Helly Hansen, a cheapish outdoors gear company.

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow these are nice, right up there with those sick armani boots that nataku found a couple months back. :inlove:
EDIT: nataku, do you still have those boots? do they need a home? :D

Sorry man, those beauts went pretty quick. I want to find me some Billy Reid lace-up boots though.

Something like these

Maybe you LA guys can keep your eyes peeled for me. :D

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nail Polish remover/acetone. Though it will leave a blotchy spot on leather soles. Still better than the alternative.

Fine grit sandpaper for leather soles, presuming they are not new. And I recently stumbled across a new trick that has already worked a few times: The big-ass eraser that comes with the cleaning kit for white bucks. I imagine any old eraser would work, though. Happened about a week ago. Couldn't find the sandpaper, the eraser was just lying out, so I gave the soles just a few strokes and the tell-tale thrift store tattoos came right off. The markings were in silver ink/stuff. Also worked like a charm for a pair of brand-new Florsheim longwings with leather soles--the silver stuff came right off without any sign that it had ever been there, which was really cool because the soles likely would have been blemished if I had been forced to use nail polish remover. Didn't work as well on another pair of new leather soled shoes, but it didn't scuff like sandpaper does, and most of the silver stuff came off. With a bit more elbow grease, I'm hoping to get it all.

EDIT:

I see someone has already weighed in on erasers.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

And authenticity check, please? Asked a while back, but during the Spoo hiatus, so no dice. I'm now thinking this may be mega-fake...hmmm.

Real, but mega pedestrian. Sorry!

Zegna Napoli Couture (No size tag - about a 40-42)

More like a 40 or more like a 42? :devil:

Continuation to an eBay saga...
I received a question about some Prada shoes a couple of days ago and they asked if I shipped to Romania. I said I only shipped to Austria and Germany right now. They bought them without responding, paid and then asked if they were real.
I was hesitant but I decided I'd go through with the sale. The next day (yesterday), they sent a message asking what size the shoes were (again, shady). The listing clearly listed an American size along with an exact insole length. I sent a message saying please check the listing and compare it to your own shoes and I asked them to let me know that they're correct as I won't send them until I hear from them.
This morning, I got a message that asked when I was going to ship their shoes. I decided against it, called eBay and checked with them. They told me to refund their money, cancel the order and then block the buyer.
I sent a polite message to them explaining that I would not be completing the transaction. Their response?
I am going to sue you for discrimination. I sent you an address in Germany, why aren't you honest?
Looks like I dodged a crazy bullet.

Good on you!

Finally getting around to the Ferragamos and some other ties that I found.

Holy Ferragamo load! Very nice.

Spoo, I've sighted some croc in his possession.

:paranoia:

acosbysweater

Reaction score
I had honestly never heard of this brand before, but then today while I was out...
(just sticker glue on the lens that I haven't cleaned off yet)

This thread certainly works in mysterious ways.
What brand is HH? I saw a few items by them and passed
puzzled.gif

I may or may not have added an extra number to the front in the past when I couldn't get it off.

Helly Hansen, I believe. I'm quite surprised they made a set of studs given their market is medium to high end outdoor gear.

I can't believe someone in So Cal hasn't heard of Serengeti...they're an iconic glasses brand known for their "drivers" and aviators. With 24/7 sun in your neck of the woods, I'd imagine you'd be walking in a sea of drivers. It'd be like having never heard of Persol. With over a dozen brands in my head at any given time, I've never found a decent pair of shades in the bin o'glasses and we have 300 days of sun here. I guess that means people use their glasses until they die?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well I'm not in SoCal, but AZ gets its fair sahre of sun too I suppose. I know of Persol at least :)

madmacs

Reaction score

Fine grit sandpaper for leather soles, presuming they are not new. And I recently stumbled across a new trick that has already worked a few times: The big-ass eraser that comes with the cleaning kit for white bucks. I imagine any old eraser would work, though. Happened about a week ago. Couldn't find the sandpaper, the eraser was just lying out, so I gave the soles just a few strokes and the tell-tale thrift store tattoos came right off. The markings were in silver ink/stuff. Also worked like a charm for a pair of brand-new Florsheim longwings with leather soles--the silver stuff came right off without any sign that it had ever been there, which was really cool because the soles likely would have been blemished if I had been forced to use nail polish remover. Didn't work as well on another pair of new leather soled shoes, but it didn't scuff like sandpaper does, and most of the silver stuff came off. With a bit more elbow grease, I'm hoping to get it all.
EDIT:
I see someone has already weighed in on erasers.

I found that the silver ink came off with water on an almost unused sole of a pair of allen edmonds... surprised me...

Evil Abed

Reaction score
Those sets of limited edition Trafalgar braces I picked up about a month ago...

Marlin action... Still haven't found these online.

Any ideas on cleaning that dark stuff off of the suede? I think it's suede.

Small goober on there as well, should hopefully come off. *edit* goober came off

Old timey party? Gatsby-esque? Champagne colored.
Hadn't seen this set anywhere either in my searches but it appears a set just like it sold on ebay for $50.

Both had on half price day, so they ended up being about $2.50 a piece. Bank of Trafalgar, here I come.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A man of my own taste. I have wanted a hat like that since I first saw Crocodile Dundee when I was 6.

Man, I've got a ton of hats if anybody wants one. The style that has so far eluded me (now that I've got the straw boater) is an antique bowler. If anybody sees on of those in a larger size, like a 7 3/8 or there abouts, grab it for me! :D

Those sets of limited edition Trafalgar braces I picked up about a month ago...

Marlin action... Still haven't found these online.

Any ideas on cleaning that dark stuff off of the suede? I think it's suede.

Small goober on there as well, should hopefully come off. *edit* goober came off

Old timey party? Gatsby-esque? Champagne colored.
Hadn't seen this set anywhere either in my searches but it appears a set just like it sold on ebay for $50.

Both had on half price day, so they ended up being about $2.50 a piece. Bank of Trafalgar, here I come.

I found a pair of those awhile ago. They were the baseball ones, sold for over $100 IIRC.

Last edited:

rayxlui

Reaction score

Just met Rayxlui:

Genuinely nice guy, and has some sick **** (you should be pming him NOT me for shoes, the kid has sweet shoes).

Spoo, I've sighted some croc in his possession.

DM7 is a evil, devious fella. I was supposed to get lunch with my girlfriend, but he got me away by telling me he had somma dat Lanvin to give me. In reality, he just wanted to show me that sexy car he got from thrifting.

Just kidding. Matt is an awesome fella, obviously really smart, driven, yet super laid back and well dressed. (Feelin' those PBJ's[?]) Sorry I didn't go to Ventura with you this morning. Let's hit up some tomorrow. Shame you don't drink, gonna get f'd up tonight!

Anyways, for the past 3 days I've been hitting the thrifts hard. Part of me knew DM7 was coming or something. Still nothing really good though.

The new uploading way is nice, but not sure which one is which.

Anyways pants:

Grey PRL by Corneliani 32, Blue Chester Barrie 36, Black Brioni 34

My first pair. Edward Green's. 8.5

John Varvatos boots are sick, I tell ya, sick. I almost popped my varicose veins when I saw them and realized they were a size 11 and thus too small.

I've had these for a while Charan. Size 13. Varvatos das BOOTS.

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had honestly never heard of this brand before, but then today while I was out...
(just sticker glue on the lens that I haven't cleaned off yet)

Ain't they cool?! I've got FOUR sunglasses clips across the visors of my car, each holding two pair of ever increasing quality eye protection! Foster Grant? Pfft!

...I can't believe someone in So Cal hasn't heard of Serengeti...they're an iconic glasses brand known for their "drivers" and aviators. With 24/7 sun in your neck of the woods, I'd imagine you'd be walking in a sea of drivers. It'd be like having never heard of Persol. With over a dozen brands in my head at any given time, I've never found a decent pair of shades in the bin o'glasses and we have 300 days of sun here. I guess that means people use their glasses until they die?

And then their kids snag them!
I'm on the East coast and had completely forgotten about Serengetis until I stirred my pair up out of the sunglasses basket. I had to look them up on the phone to be sure they were something koppable.

only made it to 2 stores today ,hopped on the glasses bandwagon and grabbed these
ZQFIr.jpg

3r2TJ.jpg
polo ralph lauren made in italy, mint condition. available, i couldn't pull these off

Wow, those look so cool. No lenses or were they someone's prescription glasses?

...Anyways pants:
Grey PRL by Corneliani 32, Blue Chester Barrie 36, Black Brioni 34

How black are the black Brionis? Possible dibs pending further review.
Flat front?
Do you think they could be altered down a couple of sizes?

Come to think of it, those grey PRL's are pretty hot as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads