• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully a pop for me.
View attachment 2157997

View attachment 2157999
View attachment 2158001 View attachment 2158003 View attachment 2158005

Looks similar to comps I've found online, but if anybody notices something off, please let me know.

Also...
View attachment 2158007

Does anyone know if it's possible to get something like this out of a silk tie, or is it a lost cause? My last attempts to fix up a silk tie went horribly, so it might be time to resign myself to the dry cleaners.

real

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Crappy fake. But did turn my eye from ten feet away.

20240329_133114.jpg 20240329_133125.jpg

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still farming… this guy must have had had a shed full of ties. Plus a NWT Barbour for good measure.

All this cost $33 wtf

IMG_1004.jpeg
IMG_1005.jpeg
IMG_1006.jpeg
IMG_1007.jpeg
IMG_0998.jpeg
🤬

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mistermidwester

Reaction score
Best day in awhile yesterday. All N/A.

MiUSA LL Bean lamb skin jacket. Trying to find out more about this one, as it’s a unique style with the huge pockets on the front and half Norfolk back.
IMG_9050.jpeg

IMG_9051.jpeg

Brioni flannel DB suit
IMG_9052.jpeg

The D’Avenza posted about yesterday. Pop for me on that label
IMG_9053.jpeg

True vintage 1940s tuxedo. Sick details everywhere.
IMG_9055.jpeg

At first thought these were something cheap, but the brogue pattern caught my eye. Vintage Church’s patent leather oxfords.

IMG_9049.jpeg

Last edited:

MMiUSA

Reaction score
Hmmm... interesting case here.
Found this trippy Brioni:
IMG_9964.JPG
IMG_9958.JPG

And then I remembered seeing something similar on eBay not long ago... so I found it again, and it's the same tie but says "Papillon" instead of Brioni.

papillon3.jpg
papillon2.jpg
papillon.jpg

Further searching shows a few Brioni branded ties that have the "Papillon" gold chain... any idea what that is?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it's helpful to figure out the scale length so you can search for the right size ( I think this is a tenor but ? ) , measure the strings from the bridge to the nut . yours looks to be birdseye veneer which could help your search .

also most banjos have pretty fancy pegheads with scrolling etc . yours is fairly plain

edit : I think it's made by harmony and sold by Sears in the late 20s , check out the instrument and the ad in this thread , it has the flange with the bowtie cutouts and the birdseye maple

Last edited:

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also shoutout to my boy @ATLjon who hooked me up with some killer records to start my Jazz collection

View attachment 2158619

Just heard a track on the radio from that Getz / Gilberto album - One of my favorites. Also I recognize the name Nancy Wilson from her programs she did on our local Jazz station here - The great 89.1 KMHD. If anyone is looking for a top grade jazz station they have an online stream too.

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just heard a track on the radio from that Getz / Gilberto album - One of my favorites. Also I recognize the name Nancy Wilson from her programs she did on our local Jazz station here - The great 89.1 KMHD. If anyone is looking for a top grade jazz station they have an online stream too.
Thanks for the tip! Always looking to expand my vinyl collection

impuntura

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's helpful to figure out the scale length so you can search for the right size ( I think this is a tenor but ? ) , measure the strings from the bridge to the nut . yours looks to be birdseye veneer which could help your search .

also most banjos have pretty fancy pegheads with scrolling etc . yours is fairly plain

edit : I think it's made by harmony and sold by Sears in the late 20s , check out the instrument and the ad in this thread , it has the flange with the bowtie cutouts and the birdseye maple

Yes that's it!
Screenshot_20240331_002553_Chrome.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads