• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
image_zpsjbw9nyss.jpeg

£7. Brand new. That mark was my fault.

http://www.hackett.com/gb/trousers-kensington-slim-chino-148286

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alex Hayes

Reaction score
I'm sick of keurig coffees and looking for some recommendations on good coffee brands. I'm a coffee newb and trust y'alls opinions more than most.
World's best espresso (or something along those lines) by Klatch Coffee is a very good bean. Very fresh too when you order from them. Only issue is it is sometimes not available (they run out I believe).

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The easiest flip you will ever make. I thrifted mine, got to the car and cut them with the keys and took em to a Jeweler and got like 5 bills on the spot. Mine were 18 but I only had like 4 or 5 or something, couple missing.

Hmmm - good idea. These are all 14k gold-filled and I was gonna flip 'em on eBay but might be easier & faster to just sell for melt value. The buttons retail for $700 per set and the links for around $275, so ~ $3k retail...wonder what the melt value would be tho - surely way less than retail. ?? Either way I gotta get rid of some of these sets - I have 13 more sets but they're just the normal gold plate.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm sick of keurig coffees and looking for some recommendations on good coffee brands. I'm a coffee newb and trust y'alls opinions more than most.
I love my coffee subscription to tonx/blue bottle. Fresh roasted coffee right to your mailbox. They roast on Sunday, and ship Monday. Flexible frequency and amounts. New coffee every round.

Blue Bottle

Last edited:

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

World's best espresso (or something along those lines) by Klatch Coffee is a very good bean. Very fresh too when you order from them. Only issue is it is sometimes not available (they run out I believe).

I love my coffee subscription to tonx/blue bottle. Fresh roasted coffee right to your mailbox. They roast on Sunday, and ship Monday. Flexible frequency and amounts. New coffee every round.

Blue Bottle

Thanks dudes. I'll check them out.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My advice would be to try some of the local roasters in San Diego. There have to be some good ones, and you'll save on shipping over mail order.

I've traveled a lot, and have yet to discover any coffee that is substantially better than what I can find two miles from my front door (this goes for every place I have lived since I started drinking coffee), and I'm a coffee snob. Granted, I do live in a foodie paradise... But any big city should have enough of this to have good coffee. The problem with mail order, if you're a coffee n00b is that you're going to spend a lot of money to figure out what you like best. Start local, and once you know what varietals you like, try some of the top brands.

That said, here are my favorite roasters (most of which offer mail order), with the first eight in the list being my favorites in order:

Chromatic (Santa Clara, CA)
Zoka Coffee Roasters (Seattle)
Elysian Room (Vancouver, BC)
Four Barrel (San Francisco)
Blue Bottle (San Francisco)
Stumptown (Portland, OR)
Crema (Nashville)
Corvus (Denver)
Philz (San Francisco)
Nova (Denver) -this is where my local coffee shop gets their beans
Barefoot (San Jose, CA)
Black Sheep (Bishop, CA)
Intelligentsia (Chicago)
Milagro (Alamosa, CO)

TinderStick

Reaction score
Several things from last few days. All available apart from the tie...

Alexander McQueen wool and mohair suit - IT50

Ede & Ravenscroft bespoke

RL Purple Label flannel jacket 40 R

Prada heavy knit wool - 52

My favourite....Huntsman Savile Row cashmere tie

AlexJ1100

Reaction score
On the slight coffee derailment note...

I'm a fan of good coffee when I'm out but always (lazily) default to K-cups at home mainly because I don't have a grinder. I've got a french press but does anyone have a recommendation for a nice middle of the road burr grinder? Shoot me a PM if you don't want to get another coffee discuss started here.

Thanks

Haven't been out too much recently but here are a couple things
Samuelsohns x 4
from left right - Linen size 35, Blue Wool 35, Grey wool 35, Charcoal Flannel 35
Polo Corn - charcoal flannel size 38

Patagonia Red/Purple vest, US made. Kept me hella warm during a run last week, would have sworn it was down.

No idea if this is at all interesting but thought I'd post a pic. Probably the oldest new in box shirt I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads