• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherPatrol

Reaction score

Fun outerwear label: Because it's There Seattle pullover anorak in large if anyone has a need

Check out the Japanese brand Mt Rainier Design, they've kind of co-opted the Because It's There logo and/or history (it's a bit unclear). Could be a good cross-brand flip though.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PantherPatrol

Reaction score
Speaking of Anoraks, here's one on eBay (not mine) that someone should pick up: http://www.ebay.com/itm/h-M-reversi...archive-collection-sz-medium-rc-/331721423681

Waxed canvas, from the Mauritz Archive Collection... the original "M" store from H&M. Hunting/outdoor/mountainwear style.

I thrifted one a while ago and love it. Nice waxed canvas, good colors, "produced in partnership with distinguished British textile mills." I'd buy this one too, but probably don't need more jackets...

Edit: Mine is actually a small, and this a medium, so I can safely pass this up. But that means this Medium probably fits more like a Large, FYI.

QK1sBMo.jpg

Last edited:

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
File this under things I never thought I'd thrift... Outdoor Research GoreTex overboots.

bpk1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Holy **** customs.

And @Bpk1 the suitjacket fits great and hopefully the pants with some tailoring. Thank you thriftmaser!

Ah great! Wanted to get you a suit, since you mentioned that you needed/wanted one in your Thriftmas post. Tried to get as close as I could in terms of measurements. Hope you like the cotton/silk squares, and ties too!

SomethingsFishy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some sh00z.

Alfred Sargent / Brooks bros. 11D. One of the toe caps has some popped stitches, are these fixable? (If not, oh well-they were ten bucks)

Gucci, 10.5. Pity about the monograms; I'd rock em otherwise.

C&J / BB Peal. A little beaten up, but you don't leave $6 C&Js. 11.5

Bally, 10

Florsheim Royal Imperial guns, 8.5EEE

AE McAllisters, 10D

Church's/Alan McAfee, 10.5C

Not sh00z

Can haz Battistoni raincoat, 40

Loro Piana jacket, appears to be NWD (couple little stains, but appears unworn / basting intact / buttons in one pocket)

Last edited:

Doomsticks

Reaction score
Ah great! Wanted to get you a suit, since you mentioned that you needed/wanted one in your Thriftmas post. Tried to get as close as I could in terms of measurements. Hope you like the cotton/silk squares, and ties too!
Yes hopefully I can tailor the pants to fit me, but I would say the suitjacket is wearable with other suitpants so Im happy either way(cuz it fits perfectly). Yes and I love that square with the flowers or whatever it is, its awesome. Sadly I was slapped with a nice 86$ customs fee..

LGHT

Reaction score

I have never went to a thrift store prior to earlier this week. Basically I was just seeing what type / quality my local shop would carry. Not much of interest, but I did find a pair of pants and a jacket I liked and got those, but passed on several things that didn't fit. I did try on a few of the "zanella" pants on and passed on a few things like canali etc. Do you guys buy stuff that don't fit and sell / trade them? The canali stuff still had the tags on them, but there where marked up to $12.99 instead of the normal $6.99.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Confused...is this line of out wear for a man or for a woman?
[/IMG]

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My cat was on one of her early AM freak-out runs around the house when she pounced on my mannequin. Poor guy never saw it coming. Shattered the area where the pole connects. I would probably have been upset if it wasn't one of the funniest ******* things that I have ever witnessed. Oh well, just ordered another one. Inanimate objects are easy to replace. Hilarious moments from our four-legged friends are priceless!

anb44333

Reaction score
@saxcolossusjr @DanM -Sorry, haven't checked in here for a few days. I'm in Cleveland.

These seemed worth picking up… Not very familiar with Grenson though, they seem to be of pretty nice quality.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never mind Bruce Jenner outwear...what do we have here?
[/IMG]
Why is one Brioni $2 and the other twice as much? Oh well

Doomsticks

Reaction score
My cat was on one of her early AM freak-out runs around the house when she pounced on my mannequin. Poor guy never saw it coming. Shattered the area where the pole connects. I would probably have been upset if it wasn't one of the funniest ******* things that I have ever witnessed. Oh well, just ordered another one. Inanimate objects are easy to replace. Hilarious moments from our four-legged friends are priceless!

My pug had eye surgery yesterday, so the have sown both his eyes pretty much totally shut and pumped him full of morphine. Its ofcourse kinda sad, but at the same time so very funny, hes a blind junky, stumbling around the apartment making a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads