• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
First, a forum etiquette question from a new guy...to spoiler or not to spoiler? Let me know what's preferred. Here's some of the haul for today.

Anybody know a Ferrari owner? NWT Ferrari polo, size S though.

Burberry Golf St. Andrews Links shirt

Bobby Jones navy blazer, 43xl. Does anybody know who makes this? Tags look like HF. Sweet buttons.

RL linen 3/2 SC, size tag worn off, seems to be in the 41-42R range. The tag looks more navy blue than black or purple. Can any RL experts opine?

Barbour navy casual SC, size L, keeping for myself.

And finally, trivia time...anyone, anyone?

Last edited:

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: etiquette, I try to post one main picture of the item, and any details can go in the spoilers. If my post has like 50 pictures or so, I spoiler them all to be considerate towards people with slow connections. And I never EVER quote multiple pictures. I'm fairly liberal, but someone doing that makes me wish that congress pass a law mandating it a federal crime punishable by death.

Not an expert on RL but I know that's a very desirable line. Usually called the 'script label' or 'blue label and widely thought to be the precursor to RL Purple Label.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's kinda cool, but hella old, and though people hype it as 'purple label before purple label', the resale is decidedly un-purple-ish, and might leave you feeling blue.

Of course, YMMV

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
quick question for vintage polo people. i'll spoiler cause this isn't a brag
i copped this:

it has a label i've "sort of" seen before but i would expect to see a "Polo" tag on this... legit?

made in u.s.a. but no content/care...this is ******* fake as ****, right? it looks like the lowercase letters are too small or something...

on the other hand, it looks an awful lot like this script from a 1975 ad:

i dunno, it doesn't really matter either way i just like to be able to trust my nose when i'm out in the field... any insight appreciated.

Last edited:

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

quick question for vintage polo people. i'll spoiler cause this isn't a brag
i copped this: it has a label i've "sort of" seen before but i would expect to see a "Polo" tag on this... legit? made in u.s.a. but no content/care...this is ******* fake as ****, right? it looks like the lowercase letters are too small or something... on the other hand, it looks an awful lot like this script from a 1975 ad: i dunno, it doesn't really matter either way i just like to be able to trust my nose when i'm out in the field... any insight appreciated.
Old fakes look better, the off color size on the tag is a no no, stitching through the mallet is bad on a neck tag. Small pony stuff not really desirable unless on a special article of clothing

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ thanks amigo!

yeah, when you put it that way "stitching through the mallet", color/size of tag, that's makes perfect sense... anyways, now i can chuck it with a clear conscience lol. small pony aside, it would likely be for personal use... not a fan of fakes tho.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have found a Loro Piana polo and an Armani polo in a Goodwill... Other than that i have found several RL polos

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

First, a forum etiquette question from a new guy...to spoiler or not to spoiler? Let me know what's preferred. Here's some of the haul for today.

Anybody know a Ferrari owner? NWT Ferrari polo, size S though.

hai

maybe before this foie gras but certainly not now

shout out to @tben for an awesome trade on these Berluti loafers - perfect fit man, thank you! :slayer:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, had a pretty good haul that I'll post later but I've got a question for you denim guys. I found a pair of RMC Martin Ksohoh jeans today I have some questions about -- spoilered for brevity. Any info would be appreciated either through PM or the thread, thx!

Here are some questions.

1. Are these legit? Are there counterfeits out there I need to worry about?
2. Is there a secondary market for stuff like this? I'm a middle-aged BB/Hickey guy so I'm out of my element on denim culture.
3. Any guidance on pricing?
3. Is there a resource out there to learn about popular denim manufacturers (in addition to this thread)?

All tags and details points it to be real. But worth jack and ****. Sorry buddy. I got a pair in 1001 and selvedge but prolly would only sell for $30...Maybe $50 if I get lucky...Not worth my time. Gonna give it to a homie.

Kopped some weird french **** today.

A nwot belt from http://www.lucienpellat-finet.com/main2.html

Retail on it is 800$!?

Also a T for myself from http://www.theinnercityraiders.com/

And to round it all out a pair of http://levisvintageclothing.com/product/519-bedford-pants-2/

For my homie @barrelntrigger

No pics, because bourbon time

HOLY ****!!! CAn you proxy, bro???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads