• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
Dear Style Forum Thrift thread. I never thought this would happen to me, but today, amid a relative dry streak I found these.

Hermes J. Metz "Les Sangles" Silk Scarf.

Chanel handbag print scarf.

Sorry for the potato pics, I took em during lunch at work.

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dear Style Forum Thrift thread. I never thought this would happen to me, but today, amid a relative dry streak I found these. Hermes J. Metz "Les Sangles" Silk Scarf. Chanel handbag print scarf. Sorry for the potato pics, I took em during lunch at work.
capital hill?

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up a badass j. Hilburn brown with orange windowpane, dual vent, ticket pocket today. Never seen it before. Quality seems pretty damn good.
Pics tomorrow. Also, thread is ******* hot.

Unrelated due to drinking and binge watching. Homicide: Life on the Street is the ******* truth. Good **** for anyone who liked the Wire.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Sorry to the guys waiting for me to reply to pm's SF seems to be broken on my pc. And typing on my phone is woeful.

ComfortablyDumb

Reaction score
Went to a warehouse sale yesterday looking for notable props and wardrobe from the show Hannibal (it was the inventory/prop wrap sale) and walked away pretty disappointed with Hannibal things, but the large other section of random clothes allowed me to score these ties for $5 each!!

From left to right:
Dion Signature silk grenadine
Brooks Brothers matte paisley
Luciano Barbera 100% wool paisley
Tom Ford silk knit
Drake's 100% wool herringbone stripe

The Luciano Barbera, Tom Ford, and Drake's were all brand new and still had the tags attached. I freaked out a bit when I realized I was only paying $5 each.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went to a warehouse sale yesterday looking for notable props and wardrobe from the show Hannibal (it was the inventory/prop wrap sale) and walked away pretty disappointed with Hannibal things, but the large other section of random clothes allowed me to score these ties for $5 each!! From left to right: Dion Signature silk grenadine Brooks Brothers matte paisley Luciano Barbera 100% wool paisley Tom Ford silk knit Drake's 100% wool herringbone stripe The Luciano Barbera, Tom Ford, and Drake's were all brand new and still had the tags attached. I freaked out a bit when I realized I was only paying $5 each.
WOW! Great finds! I still have never found a Tom Ford much less a NWT Tom Ford. Hannibal is a great show. I have it on my DVR and need to catch up on several episodes. On a related note (speaking of serial murderers/cannibals), yesterday was the anniversary of the capture of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Last edited:

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wish you guys would start posting better things than the shite thats been posted the last few pages, goddamit.

Would a thrifted Hermes scarf collection improve things?
rotflmao.gif

Damn... Knew I should have hit VV the other day.

But seriously, if that's legit that's super nice... I just wish they didn't pop the tags into the silk like that. Hopefully it's not damaged too badly.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

WOW! Great finds! I still have never found a Tom Ford much less a NWT Tom Ford.

Hannibal is a great show. I have it on my DVR and need to catch up on several episodes. On a related note (speaking of serial murderers/cannibals), yesterday was the anniversary of the capture of Jeffrey Dahmer.

I'm from Milwaukee and vividly remember when all that went down. Yikes.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need machine, thanks for posting those vids. Right up my ally. I used to have a filmmaker friend who got me into all sorts of cool 60's and 70's Italian soundtracks. Also the clothes from those movies were of course amazing.

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dear Style Forum Thrift thread. I never thought this would happen to me, but today, amid a relative dry streak I found these.

Hermes J. Metz "Les Sangles" Silk Scarf.
Found that Hermes once. Was the best fake I've ever seen. Hope yours is real. The thing with mine was the J Metz sig was in the wrong corner, and the hand feel wasn't quite right. Otherwise the color and weight were correct and everything. Damn you counterfeiters. I have yet to find a real Hermes scarf. All 7 of them have been fake, some really well done, some just super obvious

Well, I take that back, I did fine one that was legit....(technically it took two scarves to make this.)

Last edited:

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
It seems to hit all of the requirements for being authentic.

Content tag attached in two places and in French and English.

Artist Signature.

Accents on the second E go the right way, and the Copyright is done correctly.

The scarf is hand rolled with a matching thread towards the vibrant side.

@SecondhandMan this wasn't on Capital Hill no, I actually don't spend a ton of time thrifting inside the city limits for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads