• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chotii

Reaction score
Does anybody know what this kind of jacket is called? I'd say 'Mexican' or 'Baja', but it's boiled wool, made by Woolrich in the U.S. for Eddie Bauer. It has a kangaroo pocket in front, leather stoppers on the strings on the hood, no lining. I can't find anything like it with Google, and the only number on the tag that is useful is the WPL (which resolves to Woolrich).

TIA

thebuddahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to clutter the thread:

Can any UK based folks help me out? My work Xmas party is this Thursday and I'm seriously in need of items to fulfil the 1920s murder mystery dinner theme. Typically, I have left this to the last minute.

Does anyone have any thrift lying around that might fit the bill? Quality doesn't matter. Perhaps a dinner jacket (36/38S), wing shirt(15.5") and bow tie? Happy to pay postage obviously. I'm open to suggestions! Thanks.

Obligatory pics would follow for your delight and delectation, obvs!

freehand

Reaction score

Sorry to clutter the thread:

Can any UK based folks help me out? My work Xmas party is this Thursday and I'm seriously in need of items to fulfil the 1920s murder mystery dinner theme. Typically, I have left this to the last minute.

Does anyone have any thrift lying around that might fit the bill? Quality doesn't matter. Perhaps a dinner jacket (36/38S), wing shirt(15.5") and bow tie? Happy to pay postage obviously. I'm open to suggestions! Thanks.

Obligatory pics would follow for your delight and delectation, obvs!

Pm sent.

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Won this auction for Peal & Co chukka boots for $11 bid. Listed as Peat & Co. But the photos showed the made in England handwritten label.

Man shipping is bad on the Shopgoodwill site.! The total cost rang up to $21 so not too bad.

Last edited:

Odradek

Reaction score
Picked up a tie this afternoon.
Can anyone help identify the label?

Is it John Wanamaker?

Thanks.

Hand Made in Italy, it says on a second label, but nothing else.

bboowwyy

Reaction score
I think this is grail worthy.
Bijan bespoke solid navy suit. (N/A)
Bijan used to work for Huntsman on Savile Row, before setting up shop in Sydney.
He only makes ~50 suits a year, & is regarded as the best suit maker in Australia.
This thing is almost completely handmade. Really light construction with minimal padding through the chest.
Judging by the styling & condition, i'd guess this suit was made within the last 5 years or so.

23357779499_d63ab3e929_c.jpg

23357781419_5bcbe4a21d_c.jpg

23357783479_9382a67d6a_c.jpg

23097619654_d114dedec3_c.jpg

23617230072_6e96ceb028_c.jpg

23098667933_425eebbb8d_c.jpg

23617227852_71ceab86ec_c.jpg

Also, some CP boots that need a good clean (N/A)

23617748932_7a63d8f6f7_c.jpg

23099186493_c54150bd6b_c.jpg

23099185633_ae64bf2921_c.jpg

23643704791_2ae239b955_c.jpg

Snoogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift Thread Secret Santa - @vexco sent in some awesome stuff! Thanks!
I've already put to use the Paul & Shark Sweater!

Group shot of some nice staple ties, some with some awesome texture and mixes

Some Trad Pants that I hope to put to use during the warmer months!

A crazy cool bespoke sport coat! Single Breasted w/ Peak Lapels!

P&S & RLPL!

--

THRIFT FUNDED!!

I thought I'd share some season joy from me and my family below. Its somewhat relevant seeing as it was completely funded through thrifting throughout the year.

We were blessed with the opportunity to give back to our community this year, to the most unfortunately of kids. One of our school districts is known for having some of the lowest poverty in our city. These elementary kids are considered below poverty, and many of them do not get a meal on the weekends when away from school. Their school has set up a program that is completely funded through donations and volunteers, where they are able to pack snacks and food for these kids to take home to eat on Saturdays and Sundays. If it were not for these snack-packs, most of these kids would not have anything to eat for two days. The snack-packs have to be small enough in size to be able to safely fit inside their backpacks. All of these kids walk home from school, and are victims of being robbed of any items seen during their walks.

So this year, the program has decided to gift these kids with a small gift for them to take home for christmas, along with their normal meal packs. The gift will most likely be the only gift they receive. The school totals about 190 kids, K-6th. My wife and I had a heavy heart for these kids, because their lifestyle situation is out of their control. No kid should have to struggle for food, let alone not feeling special enough on christmas to receive a gift. So my wife and I decided to take on 80 kids this year, and gift them with a small toy, and a small clothing item. We individually wrapped all these gifts, so that they may try and feel the joy and magic of christmas during the season. We dropped off the gifts last night to the school, who will disburse them next week before the kids are out for break. Our trunk was completely full, along with most of the backseat!

Its crazy to see what this community of fellow thrifters opens up for you. Seeing as this was completely funded through my meager thrifting trips, and flipping the profits. I was able to set aside enough money to complete this and give some kids a magical christmas! Maybe next year I'll be able to wear my santa suit and pass them out to each kid!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
@Snoogz major props! going all out with Thriftmas cheer. you get the biggest thumb i have tried to give in a very long time.

You are another example of thread awesome. good people on here.

Last edited:

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift Thread Secret Santa - @vexco sent in some awesome stuff! Thanks!
I've already put to use the Paul & Shark Sweater!

Group shot of some nice staple ties, some with some awesome texture and mixes

Some Trad Pants that I hope to put to use during the warmer months!

A crazy cool bespoke sport coat! Single Breasted w/ Peak Lapels!

P&S & RLPL!

--

THRIFT FUNDED!!

I thought I'd share some season joy from me and my family below. Its somewhat relevant seeing as it was completely funded through thrifting throughout the year.

We were blessed with the opportunity to give back to our community this year, to the most unfortunately of kids. One of our school districts is known for having some of the lowest poverty in our city. These elementary kids are considered below poverty, and many of them do not get a meal on the weekends when away from school. Their school has set up a program that is completely funded through donations and volunteers, where they are able to pack snacks and food for these kids to take home to eat on Saturdays and Sundays. If it were not for these snack-packs, most of these kids would not have anything to eat for two days. The snack-packs have to be small enough in size to be able to safely fit inside their backpacks. All of these kids walk home from school, and are victims of being robbed of any items seen during their walks.

So this year, the program has decided to gift these kids with a small gift for them to take home for christmas, along with their normal meal packs. The gift will most likely be the only gift they receive. The school totals about 190 kids, K-6th. My wife and I had a heavy heart for these kids, because their lifestyle situation is out of their control. No kid should have to struggle for food, let alone not feeling special enough on christmas to receive a gift. So my wife and I decided to take on 80 kids this year, and gift them with a small toy, and a small clothing item. We individually wrapped all these gifts, so that they may try and feel the joy and magic of christmas during the season. We dropped off the gifts last night to the school, who will disburse them next week before the kids are out for break. Our trunk was completely full, along with most of the backseat!

Its crazy to see what this community of fellow thrifters opens up for you. Seeing as this was completely funded through my meager thrifting trips, and flipping the profits. I was able to set aside enough money to complete this and give some kids a magical christmas! Maybe next year I'll be able to wear my santa suit and pass them out to each kid!

Awesome of you to give back to some less fortunate kids. Awesome, dude.

mistermidwester

Reaction score
@Snoogz, you are awesome. Love to see that kind of spirit in here, especially when there's so much talk of profits and flipping.

You (and your wife) rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads