• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that was quick, is it as baller as it looked in the listing?

He was only like 4 hours away. It's definitely just as baller but I was hoping his measurements were off since it's tagged 42. Unfortunately they weren't :(

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something to lihghten the mood.TRUE THRIFT!
Love that linen Brioni. I wish they would put up some modern fits, every Brioni my size fits like a tent, and every one sized down the arms are too short.

I feel the same way about me driving behind stoned people.
I bet you get that A LOT.

The tale of the Loro Piana leather continues... I popped up to the same shop again this morning, and inevitably someone had parted with the $85 needed for the jacket in the 30 minutes between when I left last night and when they closed (I got in right at opening.)
Good thing too, since it was utterly destroyed and needed a complete redo, you just saved yourself hundreds of dollars and hours of work :/

Some mid-day meh, just to post some finds.
Ethriftish, was an "unbranded" cashmere polo

2pcs of J. Crew niceness

EZ silk cashmere

also scored for cheap because content tag was missing, 100% cashmere

One of those W&G I found earlier. Strange details on both of them.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the field and could use a quick response. Pamela Anderson?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a long time coming. Not spoilering because Savile Row. N/A

Also found this the other day. I believe it's from the 30's and it's MINT! Kinda wish the back patch was still present.

vexco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, this e-thrift showed up really fast:

Just a heads up, since it didn't work for me. If these measurements fit anyone who's interested:

23" chest, 24" sleeves, 31" BOC and 19.5" shoulders.

I'll let it go for cost+ship. Thanks.

Last edited:

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up, since it didn't work for me. If these measurements fit anyone who's interested:

23" chest, 24" sleeves, 31" BOC and 19.5" shoulders.

I'll let it go for cost+ship. Thanks.

wasn't @txwoodworker looking to get his hands on that?

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

The label on the big blade looks Kate Upton but the print on the small blade looks Kardashian
confused.gif
Thought so, thank you!

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fail:

a coupla weeks ago i was in GW and they have these "island" cases near the entry where they put the silver and sunglasses and stuff...

in fact, there was a minty pair of B&L ray-bans with SIDE CUPS! so stoked, so i called the lady over to open 'er up and made a little small talk with an older lady also hovering at the case...

me: "so what are you gonna look at?"
her: "silver earrings"
me: "nice!..."

and then the employee comes over and like i gentleman i defer to the lady who was also waiting. she goes "yeah, i'dliketolookattheseearringsandalsoi'dliketoseethesesunglassesthankyou!"

****. guess i gotta check my chivalry at the door...

Last edited:

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@capnwes - I just your doppelganger working at a Target in Minneapolis. I wanted to walk up to him and say "Has anyone ever told you that you look just like the guy from The SEAM Store?"

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@capnwes - I just your doppelganger working at a Target in Minneapolis. I wanted to walk up to him and say "Has anyone ever told you that you look just like the guy from The SEAM Store?"

That was him at target waiting for the next Lilly Pulitzer collection to be released

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads