• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The tale of the Loro Piana leather continues... I popped up to the same shop again this morning, and inevitably someone had parted with the $85 needed for the jacket in the 30 minutes between when I left last night and when they closed (I got in right at opening.)
Because the thrift gods are generous, I copped a folding/rolling garment bag in fantastic condition from Briggs & Riley and a Bailey 'Premier Collection' made in Italy fur felt fedora for less money than the jacket cost. :slayer:

Ain't mad.

22360189558_37417bb31a_b.jpg
I bet it was a lurker who koped it after reading your post.

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^uh....brodeetz?

jkidd41011

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the2ndhandman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@jompso

Dear jompso,

To start off I will say this. I do appreciate the message and it wasn't ignored. There is a good explanation for this. I'm a very busy person and sometimes when I don't have time for everything my wife helps me get things done. She made this listing thinking it may have been or was maybe trying to say it was a ford style jacket. The listing does clearly state it is zegna wich is true. There is one key word maybe she could have used like "style" or something similar. I am not trying to deliberately cheat people it was just a mistake we are human and we all make mistakes. I will say this to you. Make better use of your time man than stalking then openly making threats against me. Yes you are the ultimate thrifter and we all bow in your grace is that what you want to hear from me and we're all stupid and must ask everything of you. I've herd your I thrifted x amount of kiton and brioni so f u guys. Well guess what I was thrifting kiton before you even thought of it. You exaggerated that a little to far I think. You going to list your $900 tom ford jeans as everyone who buys tom ford knows thats bullshit. Ow did i call you out on those um ya or should i say i was just trying to help you out and not make an ass out of yourself but you sure do know your **** huh.Now think about what this hard.I want you to think about how much more pressure you would feel if you had to not only do a six figure 9-5 everyday wich is extremely a demanding task on its own then throw in a wife a home and a one year old daughter into the mix plus being a thrifter Things get crazy at times. So to achieve this my glorious wife wich also works 50 hour weeks at very demanding job at a hospital helps me out when she can because she's awsome and she gets to work at home. It's called being a family and not for one second would I ever sacrifice a bunch of used **** over that. So to go on the attack like that and type what was said read it over and think how you would feel. You need help and you have the typical socal attitude of me first I'm better fu. Life's to short for that don't sweat the small things man its a waist of time.Your obviously good at what you do and keep on trucking and do your own thing and let others do theres. Now think I've pushed 1800 items this year and while juggling all that how would you measure up to that task its not as easy as you think. I can't put all my cards in on this game. I have to have a career. The way goodwill and others picking things these days it could possibly completely dry up. Then in the end we have two pensions and two 401k accounts and I have stock out my ears from my company and I won't look back.

Tony Pea

Reaction score
@jompso

Dear jompso,

To start off I will say this. I do appreciate the message and it wasn't ignored. There is a good explanation for this. I'm a very busy person and sometimes when I don't have time for everything my wife helps me get things done. She made this listing thinking it may have been or was maybe trying to say it was a ford style jacket. The listing does clearly state it is zegna wich is true. There is one key word maybe she could have used like "style" or something similar. I am not trying to deliberately cheat people it was just a mistake we are human and we all make mistakes. I will say this to you. Make better use of your time man than stalking then openly making threats against me. Yes you are the ultimate thrifter and we all bow in your grace is that what you want to hear from me and we're all stupid and must ask everything of you. I've herd your I thrifted x amount of kiton and brioni so f u guys. Well guess what I was thrifting kiton before you even thought of it. You exaggerated that a little to far I think. You going to list your $900 tom ford jeans as everyone who buys tom ford knows thats bullshit. Ow did i call you out on those um ya or should i say i was just trying to help you out and not make an ass out of yourself but you sure do know your **** huh.Now think about what this hard.I want you to think about how much more pressure you would feel if you had to not only do a six figure 9-5 everyday wich is extremely a demanding task on its own then throw in a wife a home and a one year old daughter into the mix plus being a thrifter Things get crazy at times. So to achieve this my glorious wife wich also works 50 hour weeks at very demanding job at a hospital helps me out when she can because she's awsome and she gets to work at home. It's called being a family and not for one second would I ever sacrifice a bunch of used **** over that. So to go on the attack like that and type what was said read it over and think how you would feel. You need help and you have the typical socal attitude of me first I'm better fu. Life's to short for that don't sweat the small things man its a waist of time.Your obviously good at what you do and keep on trucking and do your own thing and let others do theres. Now think I've pushed 1800 items this year and while juggling all that how would you measure up to that task its not as easy as you think. I can't put all my cards in on this game. I have to have a career. The way goodwill and others picking things these days it could possibly completely dry up. Then in the end we have two pensions and two 401k accounts and I have stock out my ears from my company and I won't look back.

No one cares. Shouldve been a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads