• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what are you guys thinking of using instead of toggles on this duffel? Is that privileged information? I've always thought it would be cool to have some kind of metal hook and loop closure on one, like on EG's fireman jacket or those NDG hoodies.

Originally Posted by Razele
I think toggles are marsupialed

I don't get why people are getting so panty damp over them

sarcasm.gif
a) they match the tone of the coat (for the traditional heavy duffels anyway), b) you can fasten them with gloves on, c) they are visually interesting, d) Paddington Bear is a badass.

icanfly012

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
untailored (i.e. shortened): about 5'7-5'11, maybe even some taller guys, depending on build. The shirts and stuff will not have a problem with being too short sleeved, i.e Uniqlo.

Shorter than that, you can tailor them to get your size. We will also be running 'Tall/Long' sizes in our standard size runs, btw.

Sounds good. I hope I can get away with not altering since it should work for a 5'7 person.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I'm happy to see MTM being killed, honestly ... it seems like more worry than it is worth.

lol if we go by how much fussing around I do with my tailor then you don't know the half of it. Especially getting to shirting and stuff it starts getting messy.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It'll probably be for the best that MTM is being sidelined for standardized sizing as I've gotten what I need out of it (the size data) and the benefits will far exceed the negatives; orders for in-stock stuff will be out in the mail instantly and deliverable within 3-days worldwide (seriously, domestic US shops don't deliver in that kind of time), size charts will all be there and we'll go really comprehensive with them, and there will be a consistent quality for everything and it'll be a better operation overall. House cut will be remain slim but not as skinny as before, that only worked for me and a few other people, we need to open those arms up just a tad so another 70% of people can fit in the stuff comfortably but still find it slim. In the standard size run, there will be tall sizes, i.e 46L, 48L, 50L for guys who really tall and need the length as opposed to width. That MTM big/really tall option will be there for other people. In the end though, don't worry about that stuff, I know what makes nice clothes and I know how to make them fit you decently so that part will be taken care of. From the very beginning, before I knew this would take this form, I was in the business of just making people happy and trying to impress them, giving them what they wanted and more. I am still making that priority now, 4 months later, so things are still the same. I am working out the kinks as we go, since this is my first time out, and I really appreciate people's patience and the understanding, and we will go the distance too.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It will be Thriller-era Michael-sized.
redface.gif

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always liked the MMM thriller jacket, not something I could ever wear though.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think the only things needed to wear a Thriller jacket would be: a) huge stones, and b) the moves. The rest the jacket would take care of.

wagthesam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very interested in what you have going for chinos and dress trousers.

Are you going to do slim shoulders for shirts? I can't fit into a lot of these types of shirt cuts (RRL, W+H) which has like 16/17 inch shoulders for a small or medium. Do you think the shirts will have a size of something like 17.5 inch shoulders/19 inch p2p?

reprehensible

Reaction score
I'm having a lot of trouble deciding between washed lamb and calf for a double rider. I like the idea of the calf, as something durable that will wear really well over a long period. But then, something that starts off looking good and feeling really soft is also pretty appealing.

I guess my concern with the calf is that I'd get it and be stuck wearing a stiff, new-looking jacket for years. And with the lamb, I'm afraid is just wouldn't wear as well over time.

Sigh.

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reprehensible
I'm having a lot of trouble deciding between washed lamb and calf for a double rider. I like the idea of the calf, as something durable that will wear really well over a long period. But then, something that starts off looking good and feeling really soft is also pretty appealing.

I guess my concern with the calf is that I'd get it and be stuck wearing a stiff, new-looking jacket for years. And with the lamb, I'm afraid is just wouldn't wear as well over time.

Sigh.

Get the calf, then play tackle football in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads