• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Gonna put in white imminently, and we'll see them in a week or so. After a few of those sell, we are either gonna do a blue/white stripe OCBD or a plaid tartan in the OCBD block.
Is the pattern staying the same for future runs? Also, seriously, I know you hate my sizing questions by now, but I would really appreciate a back s2s (widest point) on the M peacoat. I'm pretty sure the M is fine based on the chest measurement, but I just want to check.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Drew- I almost wonder if the button placement is the same thing with MJK shirts where it seems the 2nd button from the top is too high. If you button it, it's right about your neck, but unbuttoned is gonna be too low unless you want to let all your chest hairs fly free. That always threw me off about MJK shirts too because for casual buttonups you don't button up all the way, i usually feel that button placement is best a little lower.

I couldn't find video of the Seinfeld conversations about button placements
frown.gif

Yeah I know what you are talking about, I am pretty picky about this myself. I used to wear Helmut Lang buttonups exclusively because he was the only designer to make a shirt that could support the collar with 2 buttons undone... this shirt has a higher top button but the placket has true strength, if you hang dry it with the buttons done, or press it, the placket supports itself to two undone buttons.

In the future, on a thinner cloth, I will probably move button placement.

Arethusa, this is essentially the final block. TOJ will fit you, if you have the faith.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
peacoat wool swatches (preview for those who have copped, and those who are soon to do so: first pic, you can see black leather matched with Hbone, black, and navy, and navy gets a bunch of little leather clippings. The navy leather we'll use is the darkest one, but be aware it is still lighter than the wool, it's a matter of dying and light refraction coming into play here.
m76p0w.jpg
This is the loden green and the brown (no loden green leather visible, but available to match)... I think the ebony buttons play in better here, so I featured them; I think the brown trumps the green as a working combo.
eg3lep.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Yeah I know what you are talking about, I am pretty picky about this myself. I used to wear Helmut Lang buttonups exclusively because he was the only designer to make a shirt that could support the collar with 2 buttons undone... this shirt has a higher top button but the placket has true strength, if you hang dry it with the buttons done, or press it, the placket supports itself to two undone buttons. In the future, on a thinner cloth, I will probably move button placement. Arethusa, this is essentially the final block. TOJ will fit you, if you have the faith.
I hate using BoO as an example because they certainly aren't the holy grail of shirting but their button placement is pretty nice too. Looks good worn 2 buttons undone with sleeves rolled up. I probably underestimated the weight of the shirt with the buttons and didn't think about that. I can see how lower placement would possibly throw off the balance with the collar. Still a nice shirt, but felt i should throw that post in there as i really thought that was a big problem with MJK shirts considering people wanted to wear them casually unbuttoned which always looked awkward. I'm not surprised you already thought of all that. Good stuff

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate you. I can't afford two peacoats.

When's the cutoff for the first run? Also, swatches are thinner than the actual fabric, right?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
does johannes own every single TOJ piece and multiples of some?

he should begin the TOJ archive musuem

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
I hate you. I can't afford two peacoats.

When's the cutoff for the first run? Also, swatches are thinner than the actual fabric, right?

The cutoff is like, now... but if you get in within the next 4 hours or something (it's 248am here and Charly is sleeping, but wakes up early everyday) you might get in before we do a final tally and order at midday.

The swatches are like half as thin as how they will be on the coat (and remember on a placket edge or something, you're dealing with 4 layers of the fabric) , because of the laminate layer we're gonna use. Honestly, I am worried about the wool being too thick, I brought home a huge swatch to sew up and show the thickness of two layers folded and sewn, but I'm afraid of breaking my little Janome.

gwydion

Reaction score
Oh man, super stoked for my pea to get here. Full on warmth...Gotta go hunt down a pair of gloves and some scarves now.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MA-1 is going to be twice the thickness of the winter varsity Drew said. WV = 3oz fill MA1 = 6oz fill Both quilted. So, very warm. New peacoat sizechart:
TOJPeacoatSizeChartRevised.jpg
the only things that were changed with the pattern is that the taper on the lower arms were increased slightly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads