• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

harveyrabbit

Reaction score

Have your boots stretched out in width at all? What about your RKD?

I found both my engineer boots and the varicks to be very snug when putting them on, but once I pushed past the fit was great. I have about 20 wears on my engineer boots, and they have definitely begun to break in. I can tell that it will take more time though before they really loosen up. The varicks I put on for two hours and wore around the house. I will likely do that several more times before they start to give enough that I would be ready to wear them out. I think the bottom line is these are very solid and well-constructed boots, and only begrudgingly will they come to love my feet. However, once they do, I expect the relationship to last for quite some time.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thats common on those types of brown RRL boots. My brown engineers have them too. Same with the Varicks i got

So will it spread out much more or eventually become spotted with that brown/darkened marks?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It kind of just appeared and stayed how it was. I havent noticed any new ones appearing
hmm i'm gonna ask some pros out. Its def. not grease, cornstarch wouldnt take it out - i'm guessing if i get brown polish it will polish over, so i may try that - but that is a last resort, i like the color as it is and would rather not have the boot color lighter or darker.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got sort of a mini-PSA for bargain basement RRL chambray lookalikes. I walked into an Eddie Bauer today and saw a rack of these chambrays on sale. I was very surprised to see that they are selvedge, trim fit, and mostly triple stitched! Original price was $80, but on sale for $60, plus 40% off; so $36! I own the original RRL shirt, and I still picked up one of these. It does fit pretty trim, and it feels very high quality. I guess they tried to do something a little more upscale, but it didn't really resonate with their customers.

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it available online or only in stores? I want one lol!
Also did u go with ur RRL size?

Wonder if the Eddie Bauer outlet has them

I don't see it online. I went with my RRL size. It is definitely slimmer than my RRL chambray, which is from maybe 2 or 3 years ago? The RRL is on the fuller side; it's not like the newer slim stuff. I definitely could not size down on the EB in the shoulders, although the waist could be slimmer.

These are at Tysons Corner.

Not the best fit pics...

el duderino

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads