• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kurdo

Reaction score
I really love Frost River Trading Co. I have a couple of items from them, they are elegant, but really well built.

Thanks, bookmarked! I ended up ordering this Filson twill duffle bag (will receive tomorrow according to tracking, just in time for an upcoming trip :D ).

FMLUG0062W0279_974_FLS_10_2000x_jpg(2).jpg

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would recommend that if anybody's ordering filson to do it quick as everything is dropped in quality and increased in price.

My collection is full of otter green: 24,48, journeyman, medium and large duffel. thinking about getting a few tan pieces but I love green too much.

kurdo

Reaction score
I would recommend that if anybody's ordering filson to do it quick as everything is dropped in quality and increased in price.

My collection is full of otter green: 24,48, journeyman, medium and large duffel. thinking about getting a few tan pieces but I love green too much.

Did I overpay for that bag or did I get a fairly good deal for what it is? Did use a 10% discount code, so there's that.

It isn't USA made, but Made in Romania. Materials seem to be of good quality ("Premium Italian Cow Leather from Wickett & Craig"). I like the pattern and colours a lot, probably a keeper :).

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Did I overpay for that bag or did I get a fairly good deal for what it is? Did use a 10% discount code, so there's that.

It isn't USA made, but Made in Romania. Materials seem to be of good quality ("Premium Italian Cow Leather from Wickett & Craig"). I like the pattern and colours a lot, probably a keeper :).
Doesn’t look like they offer that model in the USA. The medium US made twill duffle is slightly less expensive than that here. It’s not like the imported stuff is crap though.

kurdo

Reaction score
Doesn’t look like they offer that model in the USA. The medium US made twill duffle is slightly less expensive than that here. It’s not like the imported stuff is crap though.

Received the duffle bag earlier today. Honestly, I don't see how the quality could be better. My first Filson item, but I can only assume their "Made in Romania, Europe" stuff is qualitatively similar to their "Made in USA" stuff. It's an amazing bag! Thank you for the recommendation, glad I faded RRL for a heavy duty bag!

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This was a model offered last season I believe. Not my cup of tea though, the classic colors are the best

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In Europe they only make filson in Romania now, where as USA twill bags are made here for now. Not entirely sure quality wise if it's a big difference but some people get very upset when USA companies start producing overseas. I have a Vietnam made journeyman which I'm happy with.

They also added some ugly brand tag to some bags now like the journeyman. As I said filson is falling apart

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Forgot to mention for @kurdo there’s a Filson bag thread. https://www.styleforum.net/threads/filson-bag-thread-with-pictures.133759/

I remember you used to be able to visit the Seattle store and see into the factory where they made most of the stuff. I guess there are still a few sewing things there for show but Seattle area production moved to Kent (Seattle suburb) a few years ago.

I had also forgotten that Costco occasionally sold Filson. I have a really stinky tin cloth cruiser I got from Costco years ago. The smell is from the waterproof finish, not me.

mfbnyc

Reaction score
Does anyone own this sweater? https://www.ralphlauren.com/men-clothing-sweaters/waffle-knit-cashmere-sweater/651206.html?webcat=content brands double rl men shop all cg#webcat=content-brands-double-rl-men-shop-all-cg&ns=sweaters&prefn1=CategoryCode&prefv1=Sweaters&start=1&cgid=brands-double-rl-men-shop-all-cg
I bought this sweater on eBay and just got it. The seller told me he bought this directly from RRL website but I recently bought a counterfeit RRL sweater from eBay so just wanna make sure. Does this seem like an authentic sweater from RRL? Unlike the counterfeit one I got, I can tell the quality is amazing and also can tell it's made with really good cashmere. I've attached some pictures.
Also, does this sweater not have any tags near the neck? I don't see the tags that are normally present in other products. I took a picture of the tag that is present in a RRL henley shirt I bought directly from the official website.
Yup, it's legit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads