• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do you pay insurance? There's one more thing I want to exchange, and this time around I don't want to wait 2.5 weeks. But it only took about 4 business days (+ weekend) for my package to get to them. I think the bulk of the exchange time was the time it took them to process it. I'm exchanging a pair of shoes and wondering if priority mail would be worth it to save 2-3 days in transit. How much faster was the exchange process when you priority mail?

It depends on the value of the item. I rarely ever get insurance. If priority versus the prepaid label only saves you 2-3 days I wouldn't bother. Maybe I have it especially bad but paying postage saves me weeks in the return/exchange process.

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are the common suggestions for settling indigo in clothing? I have a RRL indigo sweater I'm afraid will bleed onto lighter colored shirts worn underneath. Can I just wash it a bunch of times? The iron ore shirt is indigo but I never noticed any bleeding at all even when I first wore it. I've just been washing the iron ore and hang drying since I bought it.

+1

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I normally just wash my jeans a few times to get rid of excess dye. I've heard you can put vinegar into the wash as the machine is running, but I've never done this and have no idea how to do it. Apparently the vinegar will set the dye permanently?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I always just go buy a cheap 3-pack of hanes undershirts and rock those until the crocking is pretty much done. Side bonus is you can get some pretty sick contrast on the undershirt too after a while. I did that with the indigo crew fleece from a few seasons ago and an indigo hoody from united arrows.

Maitiu

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know when RRL will have another sale? I've got a few things I want to get my hands on, but not the prices I want to pay unfortunately.

Last edited:

DJ Quaaludes

Reaction score
What are the common suggestions for settling indigo in clothing? I have a RRL indigo sweater I'm afraid will bleed onto lighter colored shirts worn underneath. Can I just wash it a bunch of times? The iron ore shirt is indigo but I never noticed any bleeding at all even when I first wore it. I've just been washing the iron ore and hang drying since I bought it.

A couple months back I posted my experience with the indigo dyed hoodie from a season or so ago....just wore it again yesterday in fact, still looking great with no noticeable bleeding.

"I threw it in the washing machine on cold, gentle cycle. Prior to the rinse cycle (when the machine is full of water), stop the machine and add two cups of white vinegar. Let it sit in the washer for at least two hours, then finish the rinse cycle. Hang dry. Worked like a charm and set the color nicely. No noticeable color loss, and just went through a full days wear without any noticeable bleeding/transference."

Last edited:

SpiKedPSU

Reaction score
so can anyone give input on the sizing of the fleece cardigans and such? specifically this one or ones like it ..

i usually teeter between an XS or a S , 5'6 135 ... can anyone give input if these fit snug (then id go with the small) or if its more boxy or relaxed fit? (than id go with the XS) .. i usually prefer my clothing to fit on the tighter side

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
From Ryan at the Melrose store:

"Pre-Sale for Spring merchandise will begin on the 24th. It will be 25% off plus a 15% kicker for all three spring collections plus Spring Icon.

There will also be several really good core items being marked down to the same discount (25% plus15% kicker). This is a really good opportunity to pick up some items that never go on sale. The items include:

Canvas and leather Cargo Bags
Leather mailbag and canvas/leather mail bags
Slim fit Grey Denim
Slimboot Once washed Denim
Low Straight Midland Denim
V Neck tee shirts in Grey
Crew neck and V neck tee shirts in Navy
White Pocket tee shirts
Basic Oxford button downs in Blue and White
The Buffalo Western denim shirt in the light wash
Cargo Pants in Olive and Brown
Boondocker Boots
Trench Belt
Winston Belt
Rollins Belt
RRL license plate ball cap in blue and grey
Coin Pouch
Key Bank
Envelope Bifold wallet"

Pre-Sale is for store sales only, so you would need to call a store to participate.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the recent consensus on the buttondown oxfords? Are they "selvedge" anymore? The story was the quality had declined from several years ago, but not sure how reliable that is. Can never have too many white and blue OCBDs

captainshields

Reaction score
From Ryan at the Melrose store:

"Pre-Sale for Spring merchandise will begin on the 24th. It will be 25% off plus a 15% kicker for all three spring collections plus Spring Icon.

There will also be several really good core items being marked down to the same discount (25% plus15% kicker). This is a really good opportunity to pick up some items that never go on sale. The items include:

Canvas and leather Cargo Bags
Leather mailbag and canvas/leather mail bags
Slim fit Grey Denim
Slimboot Once washed Denim
Low Straight Midland Denim
V Neck tee shirts in Grey
Crew neck and V neck tee shirts in Navy
White Pocket tee shirts
Basic Oxford button downs in Blue and White
The Buffalo Western denim shirt in the light wash
Cargo Pants in Olive and Brown
Boondocker Boots
Trench Belt
Winston Belt
Rollins Belt
RRL license plate ball cap in blue and grey
Coin Pouch
Key Bank
Envelope Bifold wallet"

Pre-Sale is for store sales only, so you would need to call a store to participate.

When does the regular sale start?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What's the recent consensus on the buttondown oxfords? Are they "selvedge" anymore? The story was the quality had declined from several years ago, but not sure how reliable that is. Can never have too many white and blue OCBDs

I have some button down oxfords and chambrays from last year / earlier. Not selvedge. Decent material, made in China to a good standard. Small collars. Worth the sale prices.

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this mark down temporary? or is there another mark down on top of this in near future?

00bam

Reaction score
I was expecting a sale letter in the mail but never came...anyone have one can post it or have info thanks

Dynamics

Reaction score
The pre-sale should also be online, no? it just started at ralphlauren.com/presale.

My only issue is there a code I have to obtain? because no discount is being reflected when I checkout on items that should be reduced. I guess I'll have to call customer service.

movoblast

Reaction score
The pre-sale should also be online, no? it just started at ralphlauren.com/presale.

My only issue is there a code I have to obtain? because no discount is being reflected when I checkout on items that should be reduced. I guess I'll have to call customer service.
Wait it started already? That link just takes me to the main page.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads