• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Morgan

Reaction score
Crosspost from WAWYT because RRL cardigan & denim:

00bam

Reaction score
Does anybody here know if either the Utica, Spokane or Midland wash are selvedge? The Midland is the only one that says so in the description, but clearly that's no guarantee. Thanks.

Midland - http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...6&origkw=midland&kw=midland&parentPage=search
Spokane - http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=30439646&cp=&kw=spokane&origkw=spokane&sr=1
Utica - http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=30439626&cp=&kw=utica&origkw=utica&sr=1
spokanes are for sure

Doctor Chan

Reaction score
spokanes are for sure

Have the midland and selvedge for sure, and tried on the Utica in a store about 2 months ago and 99.99% sure it was selvedge. Was my first instinct to purchase the Utica over the Midland, but damn those things are slim as hell, def. a true slim fit. Wash is nice though, but love the midland.

blufox

Reaction score
Just ordered the new Norfolk Sneakers in both the Indigo and the Brown (as they were low on my size, and they look kinda cool too)
Will post pics whenever they get to Canada.

Doctor Chan

Reaction score
honestly screw slim fits
Yeah when the top button feels like it's meant to button right over the head of **********, then it makes me second guess myself about ever being a true slim fit jean dude lol. But low straights work pretty darn well for me thankfully.

blufox

Reaction score
I have the shoes from last year and All RL sneakers Ive bought fit the same, perfect at 9D. I have about 10 pairs now not including these from Polo, Denim Supply and RRL.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the common suggestions for settling indigo in clothing? I have a RRL indigo sweater I'm afraid will bleed onto lighter colored shirts worn underneath. Can I just wash it a bunch of times? The iron ore shirt is indigo but I never noticed any bleeding at all even when I first wore it. I've just been washing the iron ore and hang drying since I bought it.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which is why its best to do an early exchange or ship back via fedex/ups, because the pre paid label they send take forever to process, its ridiculous. 

I send returns priority mail if it's something light. If it's a heavy box I reluctantly wait the ridiculous shipping time. Last return took 11 days for the tracking to show "acceptance" at my local post office. :facepalm:

movoblast

Reaction score
I send returns priority mail if it's something light. If it's a heavy box I reluctantly wait the ridiculous shipping time. Last return took 11 days for the tracking to show "acceptance" at my local post office.
facepalm.gif
Do you pay insurance? There's one more thing I want to exchange, and this time around I don't want to wait 2.5 weeks. But it only took about 4 business days (+ weekend) for my package to get to them. I think the bulk of the exchange time was the time it took them to process it. I'm exchanging a pair of shoes and wondering if priority mail would be worth it to save 2-3 days in transit. How much faster was the exchange process when you priority mail?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads