• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To whoever bought that blue pocket sweater in S, you're an asshole. ;) Sell it to me if it doesn't work out, kthxbai

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not to be negative but it probably won't work for either of you... those lightweight pocket sweaters fit a size smaller than tagged (I picked up the one medium they had left and I'm a 36) so the small is more like a slim 34.

Also someone should pick up the flecked wool/silk pants. I have the black version and they're awesome

Last edited:

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was actually trying for the XL. They fit a size smaller than the regular pocket sweaters and I actually think you should size up on the regular ones because they shrink a good bit in the wash.

fishbones

Reaction score
I regret doing so because it ended up stretching out my baseball knit/cardigan a bit in the length/arm length.
Still need to try out that warm hand wash on just the sleeves and drying them a bit bunched up.
Will do that tomorrow and post results.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I regret doing so because it ended up stretching out my baseball knit/cardigan a bit in the length/arm length.
Still need to try out that warm hand wash on just the sleeves and drying them a bit bunched up.
Will do that tomorrow and post results.

Yeah, it just seems like it's asking for trouble... idk, I always have something under a sweater so it's not like it's going to be sweaty, and even if I spilled I'd just spot clean unless it was really bad. I do have a cream SNS sweater that goes in the wash every once in awhile though, as it shows dirt pretty quickly.

fishbones

Reaction score
I know what you mean.
Occasionally I'd wear my Sweaters just over a t-shirt, so cleaning would be necessary sometimes. (Just for the smell and such)
I SELDOMLY wear my Ivory Pocket Sweater though. I only bust it out a few times to keep it clean.

fishbones

Reaction score
A store in Chicago carries Ervell!?!?!?
YUP! I was just as surprised as you when I first found out months ago.
But Timothy explained that SHRINE that used to be in the same space as Independence which was a main stockist of Ervell, and once they left and Independence came in, the stock stuck there.

But Independence mainly specializes in Made in the U.S. clothing like Engineered Garments, Batten, Gitman Vintage, Post O'Alls, etc...
But they've recently expanded to Made In Japan goods too, like Kapital, Journal Standard, and The Real Mccoys. (Also a VERY impressive Maison Kitsune collection)

sleeping

Reaction score
damn, I was going for that small pocket sweater as well. looks like you saved me from having to sell it though, wasn't aware that you had to size up.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I had a pair of mock pleats...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics