• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good list. I'd add Confederacy in Los Feliz, maybe RRL on Melrose. I actually like the Fred Segal in Santa Monica, not sure if that's worth adding to your SM list, but otherwise, pretty good list.

just about to say, confederacy....

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good list. I'd add Confederacy in Los Feliz, maybe RRL on Melrose. I actually like the Fred Segal in Santa Monica, not sure if that's worth adding to your SM list, but otherwise, pretty good list.

Nice, good list. Thanks fellas.

maritimetimetime

Reaction score
can anyone recommend a tailor to alter my shirts in the long beach area? willing to venture to los angeles or orange county, but not too far.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Forgot Confederacy, it's worth a look on the way to Silverlake. I've actually never found anything I wanted to buy at Mohawk General Store but I like the shop.

Ron Herman in West Hollywood and Fred Segal Santa Monica are actually both pretty good. I'm not into RRL but it's worth a look, pretty cool shop there. There's an APC right down the road on Melrose as well. Maison Martin Margiela in Beverly Hills is a good stop.

I find the Barney's in Beverly Hills and the Grove to have pretty poor stock.

theom-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ron Herman in west hollywood is decent, quite a bit larger than I expected. Fred segal in Hollywood is quite awful though, hit up the one in santa monica instead.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ron Herman in west hollywood is decent, quite a bit larger than I expected. Fred segal in Hollywood is quite awful though, hit up the one in santa monica instead.

There's an APC right down the road on Melrose as well.

Totally forgot about APC, if you do go to APC walk up the street to Melrose Place to Santa Maria Noiovella, great shop and someone mentioned Barneys, I think the Barneys in BH has a good selection as does the new Bloomingdales in Santa Monica.

aizan

Reaction score
secret service (is that still there?), self edge, douglas fir, johnathan behr. also, maxfield and skingraft if you're interested in that sort of thing.

aizan

Reaction score
forgot leather soul.

bsyde82

Reaction score
Can anyone rec a beach that's relatively uncrowded? I'll be staying in Pasadena, but willing to drive as far as Malibu maybe.

I thought Will Rogers in Santa Monica was nice last time I was there - big and spacious with decent sand. I heard it was a gay beach, but didn't see any presence of it.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Playa del Rey. Not dockweiler, but just go to downtown playa del rey and there's a beach there, you can walk along the water way and even into Marina del Rey...nice walking path. its not super nice like the other beaches though, but its relatively uncrowded.

http://www.rockcitynews.com/pages/california/labeaches/playadelrey.html

my favorite is Manhattan Beach, but it is crowded but you can walk along the strand to an uncrowded portion (except this weekend since its 6-man).

Last edited:

aizan

Reaction score
add sartorialoft, h.lorenzo men and h.l.n.r. to the list of goth ninja shops. didn't think there were so many.

abalone cove is my favorite beach around here.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

add sartorialoft, h.lorenzo men and h.l.n.r. to the list of goth ninja shops. didn't think there were so many.

abalone cove is my favorite beach around here.

I know there is a list at the beginning of this thread but I'm going to make an updated one that we can all add to.

I think a food list by either category (Mexican, Japanese, etc.) or by location would be really useful as well. Should I start the food one by type or local? I think type would be most useful.

aizan

Reaction score
both would be useful, but i'll go with type since location would be better shown on google maps. speaking of which, are they ever going to add filters?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads