• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Leather Artisans Appreciation Thread

convoygoods

Reaction score
Hi, Jin here, I have been using unlucky's belt for a month now and loving it throughly. I ordered a 16 oz, lined with black stitching, with the stainless steel buckle, made of Triple C harness leather. Unlucky is a pleasure to do business with and the amazing thing was he didn't even charge me until the belt was complete. Love it with my jeans but with shorts i should really be getting a less thick belt as the buckle sticks out. looks great on jeans; not so much with shorts.
89010ac2_DSC_0074.jpeg

cc432ffb_DSC_0080.jpeg

2c462662_DSC_0081.jpeg

jasonzz

Reaction score
Makr flap wallet
Makr flap wallet
a few seconds ago
jasonzz
Just a warning: I had the WORST customer service experience I have yet to have online with Makr. When I called to have them take care of a simple customer service problem – the the wallet I had ordered was undelivered because the apartment number was dropped by the computer program – they accused me of trying to "scam them"and refused to send out a new one while they waited for the return of the misdirected one. When I complained that this was not the kind of customer service one would get with guilt or Amazon, they said "we don't need your business we're doing fine."I have never experienced such a lack of customer support and arrogance. They said I was free to order a new one and that if the other one came back to them they would credit me for it- NOT the way to do business! The supervisor literally called me a "liar" and used an expletive in describing what I could do with my business. They may have attractive items on their website (though I have never seen them firsthand) but their attitude does not deserve your hard earned dollars. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AS THEY ARE CONTEMPTUOUS OF THEIR CUSTOMERS!
BTW this is the first time I have ever posted a negative review of a company online and I have been buying for years.
CancelEditReply

#20 of 20
7/26/11
DaLuca Straps
Gorgeous wallet.

#19 of 20
4/4/10
Reggs
I cant remember the details, but I think someone I knew used one as a tobacco bag when I was a kid.

#18 of 20
4/4/10
mikeman
Those with the makr flap wallet; do you keep it in your front or back pocket?

#17 of 20
11/10/09
mtf
I actually got a shell cordovan one about a week ago and really like it. I moved my blockbuster, cosco and grocery store cards into my car. Everything else fit into the flap wallet with room to spare.

#16 of 20
11/10/09
tahonng
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
how much does that cordovan makr go for?
I'd get in touch with Jason ([email protected]) for more info regarding availability and colors. It's not much more than the regular Horween leather wallets, which are pretty tasty themselves. pekklemon — what color was it originally? Was it from his site, or is that one of the cordovans? Actually Rosenberg, if you wanted, you could contact [email protected], I just looked at the stuff over at Horween's, and the stuff is very nice, and some of them might be shell cordovan, and you'll have a better idea of how they look as they have pics. Plus, let us know what they say.

#15 of 20
11/9/09
pekklemon
i love mine! i've had it for about 4-5 months now....its bluish because of raw denim rubbing against it on my backpocket

#14 of 20
11/9/09
Rosenberg
how much does that cordovan makr go for?

#13 of 20
11/9/09
tahonng
Just got mine in a chocolate brown / tobacco finish in cordovan. Sent the payment Thursday, Here's a pic of the box: The wallet: Inside (note the Horween stamp): Depth: Size compared to a bi-fold wallet: It looks so good. I know it'll look even better after a couple of weeks of use. BTW, just in case anyone's interested, here's the wallet I'm replacing.

#12 of 20
11/5/09
shasta
I have the Makr Slim Kangaroo leather wallet - apparently, 1 of 15 in the world. I love it. Holds about 3 cards, 1 ID, and some cash easily.

#11 of 20
11/5/09
tahonng
Mine's coming. Just got a PayPal message.. Sent payment to Jason today.

Pretty good service, right?
Styleforum would like to say thank you
to our site Sponsors!

FAQ · Support · Feedback · Sign Out
MobileDesktop
00a9.png
2013 Styleforum is powered by Huddler Fashion & Lifestyle

CharlesP

Reaction score
Hi jasonzz! The Makr wallets are very nice but way too expensive! I wanted to buy one too but I changed my mind when I found an online shop selling similar products: atelierpall.com, but at very reasonable prices. I bought one a couple of weeks ago, and it is great! The leather is nice and the construction is solid, and for a few extra dollars I had my name engraved on it too! Not to mention the customer service is impeccable! They answered to my e-mail almost right-away and agreed to make the wallet in my favorite color. This is what I bought: http://www.atelierpall.com/wallets/classic-flap-wallet-in-oxblood/ but in chestnut brown. I totally recommend this brand!

Ehren

Reaction score
North Star Leather. Discovered them thru a great deal of research into American handmade leather artisan goods. Natural leather is not an option on any of their items but I emailed them and they happily obliged to produce a bracelet, card case/slim wallet, and long trucker wallet in an open grain natural leather for me at no additional charge. The quality is top notch. Here are the items brand new. I'll update with wear. The long wallet is already picking up some slight traces of indigo from my raw jeans. Love these guys stuff and the prices are BEYOND competitive!
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

Ehren

Reaction score
I'm using the long wallet for day to day for now so that's where the $$$ is going for now. Got the slim wallet for those occasions when a big bulky wallet wouldn't be appropriate, formal occasions and the like. I still can't get over the quality, the feel, and the smell of the leather.

TimH

Reaction score

I'm using the long wallet for day to day for now so that's where the $$$ is going for now. Got the slim wallet for those occasions when a big bulky wallet wouldn't be appropriate, formal occasions and the like. I still can't get over the quality, the feel, and the smell of the leather.

Do you find the leather a little thick for being in a pocket?

TimH

Reaction score

Hey Tim, Love your products. I'm a leather craftsman based not far from yourself in Birmingham. It's great to see the breadth of artisans in this thread keeping the craft alive. Anyway, I thought I'd drop and say hello to all my fellow artisans. I'd also like to mention that I'm striving to continuously improve and spread my knowledge on the craft. So any questions are more than welcome. No leather artisans appreciation thread is complete without the mention of Peter Nitz. He's one of the best in the world and his products are absolutely phenomenal. Check out his work here - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Peter-Nitz/182186731147 Below is a picture of my whisky tan shell cordovan card holder.
Good to hear from you and nice work, thanks

Ehren

Reaction score

Do you find the leather a little thick for being in a pocket?

Tim, the short answer is no. I'm on my phone replying now so at the moment unable to post updated photos of wear but I'm blown away, they're beautiful. I'll tell you this, the products have all worn and aged beautifully and have never felt uncomfortable or bulky and have all formed to my personal use perfectly. Constant conpliments

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads