• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official-ish DC Thread

grio1212

Reaction score
Suit: Suitsupply
Shirt: Brooks Brothers
Tie:Brooks Brothers
Pocket Square: Oliver Wicks
Shoes: Stacy Adams

IMG_1021.jpg

jssdc

Reaction score
Quick question to those who wear suits to work.

Are you customer/client facing and need to wear tailoring or are you office based and the only people you see are employees and choose to.

I've always worked customer facing and enjoy being presentable, I don't think I could go back to non facing and wear suits.
I’m client facing and wear tailored clothing every day I go to the office (which is most days since I can walk to work) but I rarely wear suits or ties. Trousers, pullover/jacket, and good shoes. For a good chunk of the year something like a PS bridge coat doubles as jacket and outerwear.

i don’t like the suit with no tie look but rock it more than I care to admit with in person client meets. I love wearing ties but in so many contexts it’s a bridge too far.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some cross-posting with the NMWA thread. On my way to a Quinceñera. Burberry trench coat, Kaptain Sunshine blazer, Tie Your Tie, Ezra Paul custom shirt, Post Imperial square, Rota trousers, Gaziano & Girling derbies, and a pair of antique MOP cuff links.

View attachment 2158067 View attachment 2158069 View attachment 2158071 View attachment 2158073 View attachment 2158075
Love the color on the Burberry warm weather trench! I have the same coat in Indigo. Was looking at this DBF in plum although i don't really need any more outerwear.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love the color on the Burberry warm weather trench! I have the same coat in Indigo. Was looking at this DBF in plum although i don't really need any more outerwear.

Thanks. Really hoping DBF uses that same plum cloth for a warm weather Granddad coat!

grio1212

Reaction score

TheSuitBurnsBetter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw this in Paste Magazine:

I had them use Uncle Nearest rye for this Manhattan and I thought it tasted pretty good. Sagamore Spirit is a great local rye. Never tried Wild Breed rye but I love the bourbon. Might be a little high proof for an already spirit forward cocktail though?

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox added a bunch of scarves and ties to their sale at 50% off. Sale ends in a few days.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads