• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Dior Homme Thread***

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes I think they switched to that fabric tag for KVA's second season, his first one keeping the one that was used during hedi's tenure. Although I'm not 100% on that

eddiefatmane

Reaction score
Yes I think they switched to that fabric tag for KVA's second season, his first one keeping the one that was used during hedi's tenure. Although I'm not 100% on that
Yeah I wish they'd kept the reference code format would've made things much easier. From what I've seen it looks like 09 was the last season to have it, I guess double digits didn't work for their coding so they blew it up

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wish they'd kept the reference code format would've made things much easier. From what I've seen it looks like 09 was the last season to have it, I guess double digits didn't work for their coding so they blew it up
AS a side note, if you're a Slimane head and are new to the forum, you may want to check out the official Celine thread, which has sorta become the general thread for discussing his work.

eddiefatmane

Reaction score
AS a side note, if you're a Slimane head and are new to the forum, you may want to check out the official Celine thread, which has sorta become the general thread for discussing his work.
Ah makes sense I was surprised I even got a response on this rlly old thread

lakersfan8357

Reaction score
Hey all - hoping for insight despite the above post (time flies haha).
Coming here for a recommendation on NYC denim repair shops - have a pair of the black satin/black denim cummerbunds that had the top clasp closure thing fall out.

SelfEdge apparently said they didnt have a button machine? Though I might have to head back to clarify what I need since its not exactly a button. Booked an appt with Denim Therapy/Surgeon and will speak to Left Field. Any other tailors/spots to recommend that deal with higher end stuff? Thanks all.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there - did you ever find someone who could do that high-end repair? My go-to person in the city is George Torpe for high-end cleaning (e.g., get all my Dior suits and knits dry cleaned there). I imagine you resolved your repair, but if not, he’d be a good source to ask re: if he does the repairs in house (I’ve seen his shop and full of Dior Chanel etc. Not just RTW but haute-couture Too) or would recommended someone else.

George@ georgetorpeinc.com

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m quite familiar with them. I was in Paris in 2023 and was checking out the latest suiting. I haven’t checked them out this year though. Any specific questions?

slpldr

Reaction score
I’m quite familiar with them. I was in Paris in 2023 and was checking out the latest suiting. I haven’t checked them out this year though. Any specific questions?
How is sizing in relation to SLP, I remember you were 44 in SLP, are you 44 in Dior Homme as well? What is the difference between SLP/Celine Hedi jackets and current Dior Homme, is it modified old Hedi's model or Van Assche?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went TTS, although Dior Homme gives the option for Court or Regular in terms of length and button placement. SLP does not have those two options IME, all regular.

The Classic Suit is the Hedi model. It has a more tapered body.

The Fitted Suit is a bit of an update from KVA, with a slightly shorter body and now not as boxy as KVA, i.e., KJ streamlined it a bit more. It is very nice.

You will need to have the pants tapered more although they're about slim right now; the seat always is too voluminous in my experience.

Quality is excellent. Fabric is beautiful as you'd expect.

SLP had a period of higher arm holes for the blazers and suit jackets, but that was probably 2013-2015 IIRC. I'm actually wearing one of those now. They hold up very well.

slpldr

Reaction score
I went TTS, although Dior Homme gives the option for Court or Regular in terms of length and button placement. SLP does not have those two options IME, all regular.

The Classic Suit is the Hedi model. It has a more tapered body.

The Fitted Suit is a bit of an update from KVA, with a slightly shorter body and now not as boxy as KVA, i.e., KJ streamlined it a bit more. It is very nice.

You will need to have the pants tapered more although they're about slim right now; the seat always is too voluminous in my experience.

Quality is excellent. Fabric is beautiful as you'd expect.

SLP had a period of higher arm holes for the blazers and suit jackets, but that was probably 2013-2015 IIRC. I'm actually wearing one of those now. They hold up very well.
thanks a lot. Now there are only Classic and just Suit, no fitted.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Are you in the States? I see a few fitted models under the tailoring section of the webstore. I can give a quick rundown on the suiting by location that I’ve personally visited:
- Midtown Manhattan - best selection, can customize (MTM) fabrics, buttons, etc. But will still be based off a set construction. Only location with a lot of court sizes except Paris and Asia. Will have some avant garde stuff downstairs but upstairs is where the fittings happen. Very business-y
- SoHo - good selection, darker panoply or night out styles
- Miami - awesome tailor, my favorite, great suiting, as you might expect, lighter construction and shades.
- Las Vegas - been a while, much more limited, black, navy
- Paris - largest collection of off the rack suits, beautiful constructions and patterns, somehow my favorite. Will turn around the tailoring in a couple days if you have to leave for a flight etc

slpldr

Reaction score
Interesting. Are you in the States? I see a few fitted models under the tailoring section of the webstore. I can give a quick rundown on the suiting by location that I’ve personally visited:
- Midtown Manhattan - best selection, can customize (MTM) fabrics, buttons, etc. But will still be based off a set construction. Only location with a lot of court sizes except Paris and Asia. Will have some avant garde stuff downstairs but upstairs is where the fittings happen. Very business-y
- SoHo - good selection, darker panoply or night out styles
- Miami - awesome tailor, my favorite, great suiting, as you might expect, lighter construction and shades.
- Las Vegas - been a while, much more limited, black, navy
- Paris - largest collection of off the rack suits, beautiful constructions and patterns, somehow my favorite. Will turn around the tailoring in a couple days if you have to leave for a flight etc
No, in EU, Dior in my city is just handbags and fragrances, and some logo-filled streetwear merch for men. I can either get a second hand one, or buy from the website.

I'm mainly concerned about shoulders, are they wider than SLP-Hedi era, or not? Website says that current classic suit has 42cm shoulder width for my size 46, while Hedi-era blazers had 40-41cm. After some browsing of old Dior Homme suits, their shoulders were like 39-40cm.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I don’t have the suits with me now (traveling), but can almost assure you that they are a touch wider than SLP suiting, 1-2 cms sounds right. SLP feels more constrictive in the shoulders and upper arms.

slpldr

Reaction score
Yes, I don’t have the suits with me now (traveling), but can almost assure you that they are a touch wider than SLP suiting, 1-2 cms sounds right. SLP feels more constrictive in the shoulders and upper arms.
great thanks, will try to find a second hand one

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads