• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

JESUISSAINT

Reaction score
At this point you just gotta laugh. Boots look ok, but I think I like the ones that youwhat posted a pic of earlier
Why always so negative?
btw for all who are interested , MRPORTER just put old collections back on their shop (for a short period of time - even on sale (the later only lasted for several hours))

JESUISSAINT

Reaction score
you think they put it on by accident (and took them off when they realised)?
In December / January they already put them on sale and now it’s available again (No sale). Kind of weird. CELINE did the same on their e-boutique. To answer your question: I don’t know

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why always so negative?
btw for all who are interested , MRPORTER just put old collections back on their shop (for a short period of time - even on sale (the later only lasted for several hours))
Dude we’re all willing to hear your defense of that lettering on the back of that amazing leather jacket. Sell us on it.

Just be aware that no one in this thread is interested in tone policing

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder why they do that, the now-you-see-it-now-you-don't of the old(er) Celine stuff that they have that is? I would have definitely been interested in some of the TKP pieces they had the sale before this.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See, I would've preferred if he'd put the branding on the back of this one (photo courtesy of a grailed user selling a sample
BLKokOWgQVmzJOMylRz6

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just don't really dig the lines going down the front of the jacket, but it's way closer to what slimane fans would want overall. I actually dig the subtle stripes on teh trousers though.

JESUISSAINT

Reaction score
I wonder why they do that, the now-you-see-it-now-you-don't of the old(er) Celine stuff that they have that is? I would have definitely been interested in some of the TKP pieces they had the sale before this.
I guess CELINE implemented a very strict marketing strategy in a way not to give the impression some items didn't sell. You can expect those older collection items to disappear very soon. For example, I have the feeling CELINE is only doing sales (now and then) in the winter. The last time they did that only for several days (only for a week).
I'm very curious how the luxury industry will react and implement the upcoming EU law to prohibit new textiles from being destroyed/burned.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's so interesting that he's returning to the super high heels for the coming collection, when it was always my understanding that the pages boots didn't sell that well. I think they're amazing, but would never in a million years rock them myself. I simply couldn't. Vacc has been putting similar ones out, and I don't know how those have been selling.

The 40 mm heel boots at Celine have been perfect though imo, and I'm pretty much locked into getting another pair or two in teh coming collections.

JESUISSAINT

Reaction score
It's so interesting that he's returning to the super high heels for the coming collection, when it was always my understanding that the pages boots didn't sell that well. I think they're amazing, but would never in a million years rock them myself. I simply couldn't. Vacc has been putting similar ones out, and I don't know how those have been selling.

The 40 mm heel boots at Celine have been perfect though imo, and I'm pretty much locked into getting another pair or two in teh coming collections.
I totally agree. Love those 60mm (and higher) boots but I wouldn’t buy them. For me it’s the same: 40mm is the best. So far I’m still wearing SL ones. Thinking about to replace them with the CELINE Camargue and Drugstore.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Yeah, 40mm is the sweet spot. My highest heel is the Jacno Jodhpur which is 60mm I believe, but they're more of a special occasion boot. The "problem" with Celine boots is often that the sole is so thin which makes the heel feel crazier.

No harm in having some variety.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 40mm is the sweet spot. My highest heel is the Jacno Jodhpur which is 60mm I believe, but they're more of a special occasion boot. The "problem" with Celine boots is often that the sole is so thin which makes the heel feel crazier.

No harm in having some variety.
Yeah, I've got a pair of 60's as well, but teh higher heel makes my toes jam into the toe box. This isn't any issue at all with the 40 mm. I idiotically didn't size up on the 60 mm when I maybe should've. I might try another pair of 60's if they deign to offer half sizes. At any rate, the experience has given me more compassion for women who wear high heels.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Yeah, I've got a pair of 60's as well, but teh higher heel makes my toes jam into the toe box. This isn't any issue at all with the 40 mm. I idiotically didn't size up on the 60 mm when I maybe should've. I might try another pair of 60's if they deign to offer half sizes. At any rate, the experience has given me more compassion for women who wear high heels.

The toebox issue is a good point. Hedi boots are usually quite pointy or almond shaped so your toes really get squished in there. A brand like Guidi doesn't really have this issue as their toeboxes are very round. They also have thicker soles so your feet aren't angled so far forward.

Definitely one of those things you don't realize until you have some experience wearing different styles of boots/heel heights.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertd