• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official CELINE thread

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd been anxiously waiting for the latest bauhaus drops, but am pretty disappointed. The houndstooth trousers look good, but the matching jacket is described as "boxy" which makes me feel sad

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in a boutique recently, and boxy is code for two sizes bigger (at least) than you'd generally expect except maybe in the shoulders. Classic cut is one size bigger than you'd expect with SLP. There are some skinny pieces oddly enough though.

ViceofGucci

Reaction score
I think it's cool that, as much as Hedi is associated with capturing youth culture and selling the idea of eternal youth through his designs and having young models, he's just in love with the performative nature of artists regardless of age and how fashion/what you wear is such an important aspect of that. The recent photo campaigns of Julian Casablancas of The Strokes, Paul Banks, Jack White, etc are great. Although Hedi's core target audience are quite familiar with them because of the indie rock scene, and so it has a "cool" factor for being relatable, what I think makes it even cooler is that it's showing that regardless of the youth culture association Hedi has he still thinks these guys are just as cool and fashionable now, enough to make them center stage in Celine campaigns, even well after the era when their music exploded in popularity.

My favorite was the photo shoot he did with Jean-Luc Godard in his late 80s.
My favorite photos Hedi has done would the fitting photos he did during his dior days since they looked pretty cool.

I was recently at the Madison ave boutique and tried some items on at the store including the bomber shearling houndstooth blazer and dylan denim. The shearling is really overesized and I could have probably fit a 46 if I wanted the classic skinnier fit. The all black slp shearling aviator released not to long ago and currently being sold on grailed is much better fit wise. The blazer as stated before does fit big since I'm wearing a 48 in it when most of hedi slp garments I own are either 50/52. The dylans fit tts in the waist and would probably either cop them or the d17 if I finally do venture into flares. I don't have any pics but I did try on the SS23 biker and I would need a 46 for it to be tts on me.

I'd consider picking up the houndstooth blazer since it was my favorite item out of any items I tried on in store but still undecided.
C545B361-A964-483B-9EF6-756E5CAFB15D.jpeg 0A1F8C1F-F268-41E6-BF6B-FAFCFD54C028.jpeg 2EEA3DD6-9AE0-4587-A35A-A76E28DDB138.jpeg 3FD177F5-BDCA-48CB-9F56-D2E8060988B2.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that shearling on you; looks super luxe how it drapes and the quality of the leather/shearling shows. I was there too and that piece along with the houndstooth blazer were two of the show items at the end of the racks. I remember of the other couple mens’ racks maybe the new biker and perhaps a classic black suit.

I picked up the shearling and had a touch of adjustments done (shortened sleeves, opened buttons and pockets, etc.) will see if I can snap a photo whence it arrives. :)

brown2190

Reaction score
My favorite photos Hedi has done would the fitting photos he did during his dior days since they looked pretty cool.

I was recently at the Madison ave boutique and tried some items on at the store including the bomber shearling houndstooth blazer and dylan denim. The shearling is really overesized and I could have probably fit a 46 if I wanted the classic skinnier fit. The all black slp shearling aviator released not to long ago and currently being sold on grailed is much better fit wise. The blazer as stated before does fit big since I'm wearing a 48 in it when most of hedi slp garments I own are either 50/52. The dylans fit tts in the waist and would probably either cop them or the d17 if I finally do venture into flares. I don't have any pics but I did try on the SS23 biker and I would need a 46 for it to be tts on me.

I'd consider picking up the houndstooth blazer since it was my favorite item out of any items I tried on in store but still undecided.
View attachment 1903845 View attachment 1903843 View attachment 1903841 View attachment 1903839
Love the teddy on you. Is that a 48? Looks great!

Adamdraps

Reaction score

View attachment 1903845 View attachment 1903843 View attachment 1903841 View attachment 1903839

the teddy jacket looks awesome on you

Zbregov

Reaction score
Hey, quick question re. Conique boots.

I'm 46/47 in boots, depending on the maker (47 in SLP Lukas, for instance) & I have a chance to buy these so if anyone'd tried them out, how do they fit? Thanks.

brown2190

Reaction score
Didn't get to try that specific model, but I'm a 42 in YSL Wyatts, and a 42 in Céline Camargue so 47 in your case might be your best bet.

I'm 46/47 in boots, depending on the maker (47 in SLP Lukas, for instance) & I have a chance to buy these so if anyone'd tried them out, how do they fit? Thanks.

Zbregov

Reaction score
Didn't get to try that specific model, but I'm a 42 in YSL Wyatts, and a 42 in Céline Camargue so 47 in your case might be your best bet.

This is my fear as well though it pretty much settles my dilemma as 47 doesn't seem to exist. I'm 46 in any Wyatt that I've tried but I find Lukas in 46 too tight. Thank you for the answer.

robertoditali

Reaction score

I had them but returned cause I had doubt about the foam of the heel, however take an half size smaller than normal so 46.5 if available. Otherwise take the 46.

robertoditali

Reaction score
Anyone tried these platform boots? I am 39 on Drugstore Chelsea Boots and they are available on Italy website or in 39 or 40 (39.5 sold out).
Also any opinions about these would be very appreciated!

Attachments

• 07F77078-DF5E-46C7-BCAB-C4BB1CD0BCC9.jpeg
    07F77078-DF5E-46C7-BCAB-C4BB1CD0BCC9.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 91

shoegazesummer

Reaction score
I have the rangers from TDK which I assume fits the same given a similar top silhouette, even if the soles are different. I don't have the drugstore chelsea boots, but tried them on once and would be a TTS 42 in them. For my rangers, I also have a 42, but probably could have gone up to a 42.5. For a while after buying them they were pretty uncomfortable as the vamp felt tight/was applying pressure to the top of my foot. I've always assumed it's from me having a particular high arch so the top of my feet usually press against the vamp of shoes. Eventually it stretched a bit and now it's no longer as uncomfortable.

If you're ok with a break in period and usually anticipate some stretching you probably are fine with a 39. If you sometimes need to size up to accommodate a wider foot you should consider the 40.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member