• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

golfinz

Reaction score
Slow day in the office so I shut the door and took some pictures of the insole. Can say, this was a first for me. Anyways, below are two pictures of my foot imprint in my Simpson lasted shoe. It's a little hard to make out each toe, but they are all there. Hopefully this helps a little:

Last edited:

All Tatters

Reaction score
That is very pointy indeed. And very helpful as one can clearly see where your toes go.

Thanks again Golfinz!

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wondering what my Carmina sizes would be- any help would be appreciated:

Here are my sizes in various makers/lasts:

Alden Hampton 8.5US
C&J 348 7.5UK
C&J 363 8UK
AS 87 7.5UK
AS 48 7.5UK
AS 99 8UK

Thanks for any help… getting ready for Spoo's arrivals.

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Wondering what my Carmina sizes would be- any help would be appreciated:

Here are my sizes in various makers/lasts:

Alden Hampton 8.5US
C&J 348 7.5UK
C&J 363 8UK
AS 87 7.5UK
AS 48 7.5UK
AS 99 8UK

Thanks for any help… getting ready for Spoo's arrivals.
Sizes might vary between different lasts, depending on the shape of your feet. Based on your sizes in other brands, you are most likely a 7.5UK in the wider lasts such as Inca, Rain and Soller as well as normal fitting last such as Oscar, Forest and Robert (given that you don't have a particularly high instep).

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello.

My size in all Gaziano & Girling lasts is UK11.5E

My size in the Crockett & Jones 348 Last is UK10.5E.

Please advise what my sizes are in Carmina lasts...if this is at all possible to answer.

Goodbye.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm an 8.5UK in the simpson and 8UK in the rain.

What size am I for the following sizes?

Soller
Detriot
Forest
Inca

Thanks.

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm an 8.5UK in the simpson and 8UK in the rain.

What size am I for the following sizes?

Soller
Detriot
Forest
Inca

Thanks.
The general recommendation is to wear the same size in Detroit, Soller and Inca as in Rain. As the lasts differs in shape, this is only a general recommendation. Correct sizing and fit might vary due to the shape of your feet as well as the style of the shoe. For instance, the Detroit last has a rounded toe box and is more symmetrical in shape than the Rain last, while the Soller last is slightly elongated as well as wide fitting.

The Forest last is more snug than the other three. It is a normal wide last but is considered fairly generous. If you prefer a snug fit, you can wear the same size as in the Rain last. Then again, this is only a general recommendation.

Last edited:

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UK 9F is my best fit in G&G.
I can do 9E ok across the forefoot, but F fits much better on my high instep.

For Rain last, suggestions on 9 vs 8.5 ?

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
UK 9F is my best fit in G&G.
I can do 9E ok across the forefoot, but F fits much better on my high instep.

For Rain last, suggestions on 9 vs 8.5 ?
Carmina runs rather large in comparison to Gaziano & Girling, UK 8.5 should be a good fit.

Rankiz

Reaction score
Problem with the Caminas I have tried is the low instep. So when it comes to sizing I generally use 7.5 UK in Carmina, 7.5 UK in Meermin, and 7 UK in Loakes Capital Last. Loakes 026 last does not fit my feet at all (7 uk too small, 7.5uk too big). Just gave you an summary of how Carminas fits me compared to other brands, hope it's useful. :)

tigerpac

Reaction score
What do you guys think, can I fit into a 9UK Rain? It's the only size available in what I'm looking at.

10D Alden barrie is a little large but can fit without any insole
10D Alden trubalance needs an insole (shell version, calf is boarderline)
9.5UK Trickers Stow needs an insole, they're .25 size too big
9.0UK Trickers Stow pinched at the toes but relaxed to a snug but non-painful fit.

Thoughts?

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What do you guys think, can I fit into a 9UK Rain? It's the only size available in what I'm looking at.

9.0UK Trickers Stow pinched at the toes but relaxed to a snug but non-painful fit.

Thoughts?
That depends a lot on the shape of your feet. The Rain last is wide around the ball but is fairly asymmetrical compared to the mentioned last. If you don't have particularly symmetrical and/or wide feet, it should be a good but snug fit.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Problem with the Caminas I have tried is the low instep. So when it comes to sizing I generally use 7.5 UK in Carmina, 7.5 UK in Meermin, and 7 UK in Loakes Capital Last. Loakes 026 last does not fit my feet at all (7 uk too small, 7.5uk too big). Just gave you an summary of how Carminas fits me compared to other brands, hope it's useful. :)

Have you tried the Rain last in Carmina? I've found that it's generous in the instep and actually fits me better than the pair of Loakes that I have on the Capital last.

appoooh

Reaction score
How does the Uetam last compare with Rain, Forest and Robert?

My Forest and Robert lasted oxfords in UK8 are pretty much perfect however my Rain lasted oxfords are a little snug and occasionally uncomfortable possibly due to the narrower and lower toe box in this model.

Do you think I can squeeze into a Uetam lasted loafer in size 8? As far as I know, no Carmina retailer offers a Forest lasted penny loafer in brown calf.

tigerpac

Reaction score

Thoughts?

Got em, just for reference they are pretty tight along the top of the shoe but the toes are actually good. Hoping they learn to give a bit around the top and we'll be all set!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads