• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aglose

Reaction score
So if I am a size 9 US in the C&J 325, and a size 9 in my alden loafers (don't know the last, will check when I get home) what size would I be in the soller last?

tautology

Reaction score
Hello,

I wish I had found this thread earlier. I wear a US12d (also for Allen Edmonds), and in some brands an 11.5, but this is rare. I ordered an 11.5 UK carmina loafer and as it arrived I made the mistake of wearing it immediately to go out for dinner. I contacted Carmina and obviously they will not accept a return. They offered an insole and after I sent a few pictures Betty from customer service told me I'd have to size down a full size (10.5 UK).
I can fit a full index finger in the back of the shoe with little pressure. Wondering if I should indeed follow her advice or just order a half size down.

Meanwhile I will posting the 11.5UK on the classifieds section for sale at a small loss :(

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So if I am a size 9 US in the C&J 325, and a size 9 in my alden loafers (don't know the last, will check when I get home) what size would I be in the soller last?
You are most likely a size UK8.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered an Oscar last shoe in UK 7.5 and it fits great. I wear an 8D in Alden Barrie last.

How should I size something on the Rain last? I have a wide foot and high instep.

tigerpac

Reaction score
^Which model in which leather? I'd stay at 7.5 for oxfords in shell but downsize for anything calf or bluchers in shell

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

tigerpac

Reaction score
Nice pickup. What are you looking at next?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may be do e with Alden calf models. Carmina construction feels superior.

mistercitizen

Reaction score
10.5 UK should be a good fit in your case.
I'd just like to follow up and say thanks again for this thread. I received a pair of Carmina Fitzgerald Wingtip Brogues (Forest last) in Saddle Shell Cordovan size 10.5 UK (normal Carmina width) and they fit very well. If anything, a bit snug at the ball of my foot (widest part of my foot), but snug in a good way (no pain). As I mentioned previously, I am an 11 D in the Barrie last, an 11 E in the Park Avenue 5 (65) last, an 11 E in the AE 3 (333) last, and I measure somewhere between an 11.5 and 12 D on the Brannock. The Forest last provides nice room in the toe box and even though the overall length of the 10.5 UK seems shorter than an AE 11 E Park Avenue when held up beside each other, my toes are not cramp or crowded in the Carminas at all.

Thanks again for the help to everyone who posts in this thread. My Carminas are keepers!

Ben

aglose

Reaction score
So another size question, how does the soller last compare to the Oscar last? If I am a size 8uk in the soller (with the perfect amount of room) what size should I have in the Oscar?

Last edited:

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
X-post from our affiliate thread:

To give you an overview of the different Carmina lasts as well as how they fit compared to other brands, here is a list of what I wear in our four different makers. Please note that the list does not constitute any general recommendations.

Carmina
Rain: UK 8
Forest: UK 8
Oscar: UK 8
Robert: UK 8
Simpson: UK 8.5
Uetam: UK 8.5
Detroit: UK 7.5
Soller: UK 7.5
Queens: UK 8

Enzo Bonafé
946: UK 8
363: UK 8
363 MOD: UK 8
804: UK 8
2102b: UK 8

Edward Green
202: UK 8 E
82: UK 8 F
184: UK 8 E
888: UK 8 F
606: UK 8 E

Gaziano & Girling
TG73: UK 8 F
MH71: UK 8 F
DG70: UK 8 F
GG06: UK 8 F

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skoak, I also wear an 8 in EG, but one width down from what you take, i.e.:

Edward Green
202: UK 8 D
82: UK 8 E
888: UK 8 E

Would you recommend I take the same sizes as you for the various Carmina lasts? My feet are average width, but I have a low arch and instep.

Last edited:

Skoaktiebolaget

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Skoak, I also wear an 8 in EG, but one width down from what you take, i.e.:

Edward Green
202: UK 8 D
82: UK 8 E
888: UK 8 E

Would you recommend I take the same sizes as you for the various Carmina lasts? My feet are average width, but I have a low arch and instep.
Many Carmina lasts are accommodating for low arches and a low instep, but it also depends on what style you are looking for (i.e oxford or derby) as the same last might fit differently based on style and material. I would recommend wearing the same size in Alcudia, Simpson, Robert, Queens, and the loafer adapted Uetam last as you wear in Edward Green. They are all notably snug around the instep. Oscar is also somewhat snug but is more roomy in the vamp and the toe box than the aforementioned lasts.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics