• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Beer Thread

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Had that the other day. I liked it. Wished it came in regular sized bottles though. Might be a contender with Old Rasputin.

Funny you mention Old Rasputin as I picked up a 4 pk of that as well...it's my go to ris. I really enjoyed the Stone and for $7 a bomber it was a pretty good deal to boot.

alexg

Reaction score

i had a cigar city guava grove recently and while i thought it was a great beer just not my thing

Just had Guava Grove tonight. Not sure how I feel about it. It didn't taste like most saisons I've had, and there wasn't that much guava. It was definitely good, but I don't think I'd buy it again. On the other hand, Olfabrikken Porter was excellent. Too bad the store I got it from was 5 hours away so I'll never have it again.

youngScholar

Reaction score

Having some of this

2011-07-15-19-18-11-696.jpg

That stuff is amazing.

Sipping on some Anchor Porter right now.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
outside the hotel in the french quarter
2011-07-22-17-08-48-928.jpg

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$1.75 at a little wine and beer shop around the corner from the hotel.

2011-07-22-20-16-49-221.jpg

Bond111

Reaction score

Well I'll try and breath a little life back into this thread. These beer's I've recently tried, plus one that isn't pictured. Starting from left to right.

New Belgium Lips of Faith Series, Le Terroir. Listed on Beer Advocate as a American Wild Ale. This beer was great. A 22 oz bomber. It was very sour, much like the La Folie which is a Flanders Red Ale. Drank this to myself, and even though I liked it, at 22 oz for one person is just too much. It had a nice nose to it, and overall a great sipping summertime beer.

Chatoe Rogue Dirtoir Black Lager. Had this tonight with some Smoked Pork Ribs. Excelent pairing. Nice and roasty chocolate flavor, matched up great with the Ribs. Again a 22 oz bomber. Drank this all to myself. I'd say if you get a chance to try, it's a very sold beer.

Madhouse Hopburst IPA. This is made locally in Iowa. Newton to be exact. Even though I really want to support local brews as much as I can, this beer just wasn't good in my opinion. It's missing a good mouthfeel up front, and the finish just isn't what I like in an IPA. I'm glad there are local guys out there, but from this, and their Coffee Stout(which the first bomber I had was way to nutty for my taste, and the second bottle I had from the same case about a month and a half later, it didn't taste the same, and even though I didn't like the first one at all, the second wasn't much better. It didn't have that overwhelming nutty flavor as the first go round, it just plain sucked. I'm a lover of coffee, but I won't be trying it again. I won't say I will never get anything by these guys again, but I'm expecting very little if I try anything else.

Rogue John John Ale. Had this 2 weeks ago. Also paired with the about the same recipe of Smoked Pork Ribs. This beer paired even better than what the Dirtoir. Maybe I'm a sucker for a good tasting aged Beer in whiskey barrels. I haven't had many other full bottles of anything aged in Whiskey barrels other than some local brews, which in their own respect were again pretty good from what I remember. I would recommend this to anyone who likes the style. One downside was the price. $10.49 for a bomber of it. I'm not sure if that's the going rate, or the shop marked it up because it was their first case testing in a smaller town market.

Goose Island Matilda. This was bottled on . To me I was expecting good things from this beer, because I've enjoyed everything else in their "Vintage" category. Unfortunately this beer just wasn't hitting the taste buds like I would have hoped. At first it was decent, but as it warmed, I found it harder to drink. Wasn't worth it. Only had 1 out of a 4 pack, so maybe with some age it will get better. Here's to next year.

Peace Tree Brewing. Another local brew, made in Knoxville, Iowa. This was a very solid Double IPA. I was impressed with this because with these guys being somewhat "new" to the scene. They also make a Imperial Stout, which in it's own respects is good, but this one is the better of the two. I need to grab a couple more just to age to see how it fairs in the coming years. I look forward to trying more from these guys. I also tried a few of their brews at our first annual Craft Brew Fest in May, and again a Beer Fest in July. All were pretty darn good, and outstanding was their "Cornacopia" aged with Brett in Templeton Rye barrels. That is made with Iowa sweet corn. I missed out last year on their regular Cornacopia, because frankly I didn't know about them then.

Sierra Nevade Torpedo. A great American IPA. This should be widely available if I can get it here in small town Iowa. If you haven't tried this, pick it up. Great beer. At $9 for a six pack, you can't get much better for a everyday drinker.

Long Hammer. Garbage. End of story. hahaha. Glad this was a beer I didn't pay for. A friend picked up some, and he didn't like it, but I thought what the hell, I'd give it a try. Easily a pass.

Lastly Boulevard Smokestack series Saison Brett. I bought 3 bottles of this. One to try right away, the others to age a year, and so on. To me I really wanted to enjoy this more, just because of how high it's rated on Beer Advocate. I shared this 750ml bottle with a close friend. He enjoyed it a lot. I couldn't get past how much "perfume" taste this beer had. I don't want to knock this very much, because I love what Boulevard is doing with their Smokestack series, and have really enjoyed everything else that I've tried within it. (7 excluding this one) Maybe with a year under it's belt it will mellow out more to my liking. I'm hoping it does.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads