• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

hedkandi

Reaction score
New eBay Listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/142774227044?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Alexander Fielden
The Wanderer
MSRP: $965.00 USD

466646646.png

tellure

Reaction score
Officine Creative doing a bit of the CCP rubber dip thing, albeit with a more conservative / restrained style. Still interesting to see these more extreme styles trickling down into more mainstream brands.
03F2915E45D4439CAA96298A6AB6EFE2.jpg
FEB6FC0AF7D940AB94A63CE369B09092.jpg
5141D39DB9074EE5B4EC5E7CAD9331A6.jpg

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

jtj48

Reaction score
Is the sizing on Guidi's 988 last similar to the 986? And what is the sizing advice on either of those? I've heard to go up a full size on the 988. So, if I'm a very narrow US11 that really more often wears a 10.5 for the reduced width - like a 44.5 or 45?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are the same except for the length of the shaft. Size 45 won't hurt. I am about the same size as you, and even the 45 Guidi 988 are among my tighter footwear. Mine are in the soft horse. The sizing does vary a bit by leather. Horse doesn't shrink much, but by the same token. also doesn't stretch much.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'll be on tour in Holland from 5/15-6/2 with a quick show in Belgium. This is with the seniors chorus The Young@Heart. I'll be stationed in Rotterdam for the whole two weeks.

Any suggestions on cool stores or really, anything else? I've been to Rotterdam a bunch of times, but this was all before being introduced to the artisanal stuff.

Thanks in advance!

Said-AH

Reaction score
And here I am, I made a pair of BOOTS totally by hand, with simple tools (Or without tools :) ). Given these conditions, what do you guys think?!

igi1u8g.jpg

f7Y8iQL.jpg

tfizO0b.gif

And here is a 3D view :) (i took this video after 10 days of wearing).

For more images and the process of making this boots you can visit my post here in styleforum click here ;)
Thank you :)

Said-AH

Reaction score
I posted in 3 thread only that I found directly related to my post that's it. (you know guest user are not following any thread.)
I love you man ;)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be best to post that in one or maybe two threads only. Three does seem a bit excessive. Maybe the boot thread, and maybe here, since they tend to get different audiences. That said, all members should be at least bit sensitive to the criticisms of others, especially when it comes to any type of self-promotion, whether commercial or not. The last thing that you want to do is to get the community against you. That's the opposite of your intended effect, I think.

Cheers,

Fok - aka the head of the management.

Said-AH

Reaction score
Thank you @LA Guy . Ok I understand now :) and I modified the third post.
I love you man ;)

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 973307 Officine Creative with a pretty blatant Guidi imitation—even looks like their last shape (assuming Guidi did this first, which I don't actually know).
That brand does a bit of everything, I think. I only look at their stuff for Nonnative, which is really quite good, but it looks nothing like this - more westerny.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cakeideas