• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

wormwood

Reaction score
always think that culatta goes only in reversed/unfinished versions.

wormwood

Reaction score
my bad. meant that I always been under impression that culatta is middle layer of a hide, with upper - grain - layers off.

just checked it. @psydle is right.

Last edited:

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the contrast these boots have in this photo.  Do you have significantly more scuffs here than your previous pic, or is it just the outdoor lighting?

I actually haven't worn my pair once outside the house!  Been too busy wearing my buffalo dual zips and deciding when/how I'm going to vibram the 2 pairs.

As much as I liked the oiled horse when I got them, I was a little disappointed because they didn't really look like the great Hide[M] photos.  I started to wonder if it's because his were in outdoor lighting which brought out the lovely details this leather has.

Similar to your photos:  Many of them look just 'OK' to me where the leather looks quite uniform.  (One shade of black, no contrast etc), then you bust it out of the park with these.  All the beautiful wrinkles, scuffs, blue/gray/black color variations pop to life.

I'm weird.
But these 2 photos are IMO, some of the very best boot pics in this whole thread.

Sorry I'm just getting to this, JFetter. Thanks for the kudos. I'm really happy with the boots now that they've broken in a bit. The lighting definitely brings out the details. It's been so snowy here I haven't word them much but that's about to change. That said, they have a bunch more scuffs than they did a few months ago. They should definitely have called these steel blue or something. Way more blue than black. Strange.

As for wish list/waiting list:

Still waiting on my IE black ramie/linen overdye. Just hope it's done before fall.
Also, some Goodyear welt Layer-0 derbies that should be done soon.

Finally, I'll be putting up my LUC reversible t-shirt in punched selvedge later today. If anybody has any interest hit me up. It's 54 but slim (20" chest) and never worn more than to try on and realize it's just too damn slim for me.

Same as this one

Happy spring, gents.

JFetter

Reaction score
Yes, the boots have a much stronger blue tint than I was expecting when I opened the box. I was thinking they looked gray/charcoal from the web photos.

Either way, very nice boots. Time to break em in!

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And so the wait begins. Sadly corv-ptc was not available so went with good old cors in the below colorway (dark blue/grey).

this color

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need examples ;p apparently that charcoalish looking vestbags in the front/back pictures is col 29 which looks decidingly not as blue as the scarstitch picture... so having second thoughts heh.

apparently that particular vestbag is arthur's from the archive so gonna drop by after work and see if it's as not-blue as in those pics... if so then may rethink color was thinking col 33 for light grey

but eckblk pitched a burnt green black, col 12

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Those are The Office photos though, right?

You cant trust any of the colors in those in my experience: he heavily manipulates the images.

Heres a good representation of 29 but of course every batch turns out different

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah much appreciated. Yeah I've seen office photos before in the past, but never actually done business with them before. Thanks for the clarification.

johnny1202

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question:

What's a good reasonable price for Guidi 992 and 994? There's a couple used pairs online (look to be in good shape) that I'm looking at and really like the look of, but I have no idea what the resale value of this brand/boots are. They're both listed at $450. In terms of boots, I've only owned Visvim (Virgils and Brigadiers).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads