• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No- it's the Augusta Ankle boot in smooth calf.
Below is the MA SS2012 Hidden placket boot in calf/cow (I'm quite sure I'm not suppose to post this pic)
IMG_1426.jpg

I thought the augustas are smooth cow according to atelier

Those MA+ are nice! Atelier gave me some info via email but never saw the pics. eck do you buy most of your shoes off the secondary market? I feel like I should wait it out and see what I can find but at the same time they might never show up.

ALso I noticed theres already a leather half slip sole on those ma`s. Would look kind of stupid to add vibram no? Would most cobblers be able to replace it with antoher leather half slip in case they wear down eventually?

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I typically don't buy off the second market (unless, it's Cdiem- no choice). I'm a 40/41 so it's rare to find what I want in my size on that market- If you know what you want- I'd just order it.

**If you want to order the Augusta ankle boot- I'll go in with you for an order (2 pairs of 40uk?) :)

Those MA+'s are double soled- I'd just vibram the front and leave the heel alone (they should come with an extra set of heels)

eton97

Reaction score
So......couple of observations/comments, but I caveat everything by saying its only my opinion.

- Firstly I 100% agree with Eck that Augusta make the best lace-up ankle boot by a long shot. I've probably owned 10+ pairs over the years and can never resist kopping a new pair every season or so. This season I have the the reverse culatta ankle boot which i adore. Really crunchy leather which holds its creases nicely and an amazing dye job.

- I owned those smooth calf ankle boots from the pic above, for a couple of hrs but returned them and instead got the reverse culatta. This is because for me, it's all about the leather and the treatment. The smooth calf is actually quite soft and spongey. It's doesn't hold it's creases and is very smooth, soft and shiny. It's going to look like a slipper after a few wears. Just my view but for me they are too 'clean' and slmost a bit 'plain' for Augusta. The reverse calf is lovely, but for a standard leather I'd go for horse rather than this soft calf

- finally, as with all designers there are always the hits and the misses. Just wanted to flag that one retailer returned their entire order of the boots with the rubber harness. Visually nice, but conceptually a big fail. The rubber bunches all the leather around the ankle and makes its incredibly uncomfortable to wear.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

philie

Reaction score
ok guys,
i need your help!
soince you obviously are the boot experts please help me with these ones:
got the from ebay, are supposed to be jul sander but i am not sure and wanted to know your opinion or information.
quality is top notch, soles have seen better days and probably need some resoling soon:

inside the shoe it said 1 JUU 168

also do you have any idea what leather it could be and how to care it? its not suede but has lots of texture, almost waxy.

thanks in advance!

mikey0357

Reaction score
Official Streetwear....Baller Boot? I guess this counts as pimp...they ain't Now and Laters but those ain't 700usd. Nah this is a little harder to come by. Francesco Smalto short hornback gators for the Players Ball.
cheers.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads