• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Reaction score
anyone know of any nice black/grey derbies around anywhere? need a 6 or 7 in like ccp size (that's all i've had so that's all i know)

from what i know hide-m ordered a very nice washed-black derbie from individual sentiments for 14SS

mandrup

Reaction score
So I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Avantindietro Field W2 (ankle) boots. However after a few days of wear I really think it lacks support in the ankle area. Especially on the inside. Probably because it only has two eye-lets on the inside compared to three on the outside. Anyway. Has anyone else pondered about this and made extra holes for the laces? Seems like the right thing to do imo. Boots are nice, though I still need to find a proper way to tie around the laces without them going up from time to time...eh?

fistinyoface

Reaction score
I've got the same boots. You're right about the support. Well, maybe it depends on the leather. Mine are lamb; pliant and soft. Not for running in that's for sure. As for the laces, how do you mean they go up? Ocassionaly they'll come loose if I haven't wrapped them right and I'll leave a thin leather tail in my wake. You aren't wrapping them around the shaft of the boot are you?

This is how mine look when laced:

Last edited:

mandrup

Reaction score
Mine are deerskin - also quite soft I would say. I wrap them as shown in the picture.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any specific insole for back zips so that it won't hit the zipper? Might need a pair =\

Was considering the superfeet but heel cup sort of sticks up

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes i have seen those mentioned. Not sure if it warrants insoles just yet but uniqlo socks are on the thin side and being a poly blend my foot sort of wiggles where sock meets leather insole plus the boot being respectively fully lined. Can Tacco insoles be cut and shaped?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yes i have seen those mentioned. Not sure if it warrants insoles just yet but uniqlo socks are on the thin side and being a poly blend my foot sort of wiggles where sock meets leather insole plus the boot being respectively fully lined. Can Tacco insoles be cut and shaped?

they can be trimmed i guess but the insoles are very thin so you may not have to do it.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I may just stick with superfeet green model. Would look good contrasting the charcoal boot plus has more support. I just read the Tacco is paper thin.

Ariiam

Reaction score
Hey guys, if I want Guidi's in this colour what is it called?

From google it's listed as Full Grain Horse, Black-T But on PnP's page,

FulL grain Horse Black-T Looks decidedly different

lxh

Reaction score
sizing help - thanks:
MMM side zips (cemented sole) 41
CP low achilles 41
nike / new balance size 9

tried on guidi 995 in horse - 42 way too tight. 43 felt better but still snug enough.
haven't had a chance to try on guidi 988. i hear they fit looser than the 995 since it's just a single of piece of leather - will a 42.5 work? or better to go down a full size to 42?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads