• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

ispace

Reaction score

Is there something I should be doing to care for reverse leather boots? I've got a pair of julius backzip engineers in reverse steer. They may be seeing some rain at times so I'm curious as to whether I should protect them somehow.

+1 I'd like to know this too. I bought these Andrew McDonald reverse black horse boots recently:

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1- My cobbler suggested this as well- with that being said I don't use anything with any of my boots ever :uhoh:. I just wipe them down with a semi damp cloth if they happened to get dirty.

malakas

Reaction score

+1- My cobbler suggested this as well- with that being said I don't use anything with any of my boots ever :uhoh:. I just wipe them down with a semi damp cloth if they happened to get dirty.

YOU JUST NEED TO DUST THEM OFF, AS YOU DONT FUCKIN WEAR YOUR BOOTS....YOU COLLECT THEM, OK

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hrm those andrew macdonald boots remind me of the av_field tall boot shape. Not bad from the small pic! Would prefer flat laces though.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay- I'm somewhat guilty of collecting but I honestly try to wear all the boots I own. I do plan of downsizing the collection in the next few weeks.

Otter, don't you sort of collect
Authentic Fakes

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hes mad his pakistani friend cant authentic fake boots so hes stuck with his plebe looking ensemble.

Last edited:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay- I'm somewhat guilty of collecting but I honestly try to wear all the boots I own. I do plan of downsizing the collection in the next few weeks.
Otter, don't you sort of collect
Authentic Fakes

Oh man downsizer! Yeah I'm a flat out hoarder. If that's a scarlet letter for me to bear I think I'll be able to live with myself though.

Biggen

Reaction score
A while back I picked up a pair of Santoni shoes and in the booklet that came along with them they claimed that suede shoes were the ultimate rain shoe. Not entirely convinced though but might have to give it a try some day.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying these from Ink

UITY0.jpg

Anyone have any experience buying from them? Will they mark items down for customs?

HK isn't that far away, the boots + ticket would still be cheaper than buying them domestically or getting them shipped and getting hit with a customs fee.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads